Week 2 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoosierjoe, Aug 5, 2010.

1. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

Week 2 Scores

#5 Hokies Run Past Rice, 35-19

Dynasty Wire Story

2. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Maryland picks up their first win of the season as they down MTSU 45-27. Costly turnovers by the Terps allowed the Blue Raiders to make the game much more competitive than it needed to be. Strong rushing attack by back-up RB Davin Meggett paves the way to victory.

Game Summary

3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

4. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

5. williatr

williatr Walk On

Miami upsets #2 Ohio State Buckeyes! This was a great game with star quaterback Jacory Harris for Miami being injured and knocked out of the game. Back up quaterback A.J Highsmith stepping up and leading the Hurricaine to victory.
    http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system&_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$00125a401766_F3CB_6A0B29A1&dynid=62411&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=1

6. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Nice win.... how long is Harris out for??? I know I could not stop him when we played... his passes were on point. Did OSU come close to driving on you iin the 4th? I see TO really hurt OSU... 2 Int's and two fumbles.

Were having some nice User-CPU battles so far this year, but so far the users are still coming out on top in close games.

7. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

LOL... that post game interview sounded just like a coach... pissed off after a win. On top of the players for how they played.

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I guess MTSU Air Raid offense wasn't as much of a warm-up game as I expected.... then again it could just be the bad weather following you around.

9. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

The bad weather comments are actually a running joke among Maryland fans. During last year's 2-10 season, Maryland's head coach actually blamed several of the losses on the weather. He kept thinking that if they could just play in a game without rain, there would be no way the Terps would lose. After their game against Duke, he actually had the nerve to say that it only rained when Maryland was on offense and never when Duke had the ball. Apparently, Duke must have had a switch that they kept turning on and off just to piss off Ralph Friedgen. I'm guessing that nobody else in this league really pays attention to Maryland in real life, but I thought it was funny that my first two games ended up being played in the rain considering how much the coaches blamed the weather last season.

10. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    #19 FSU beats #21 Ole Miss 35-19 in a tough battle. Key sequence at the beginning of the 4th where the Rebels were in scoring position, Masoli rolled out but was tracked down and ended up fumbling right by the sideline. Ole Miss O-lineman dove short and CB Ochuko Jenije picked it up. The very next play, Ponder throws it to RB Chris Thompson on a wheel route. The lineback had good coverage but whiffed on the knockdown attempt. Thompson catches the pass and goes all the way for a TD. The Seminoles never looked back after that.

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Boston College goes 0-2 in a thrilling OT game in Arkansas. One of the best games Ive played in a long time. 28-21 was final score.

See here for more. :)

12. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Wow... 6 turnovers and you still went too OT.... Also that interception was nice... I can tell your safety had a nice read on that play....

I'm loving these great games

13. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I was just about the post the score. It was a great game. I would say it could be the game of the year, so far. Pagamer had a lot of turnovers but I may have made the biggest mistake of the entire game. With a few seconds left in regulation and the game tied, I through a pick on my end of the field and he had a very makable field goal. I iced his kicker and got so lucky that he missed it. One of the best games I have played in!

14. EUBlink

EUBlink Walk On

Link.

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

16. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

17. Spudnasty

Spudnasty Walk On

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system&_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$001dd8324466_F3CB_6A0B7DC0&dynid=62411&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=1

Demon Deacons beat out the Blue Devils in the final minutes

18. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Started off on the wrong foot...
    Amid controversy and one of the quickest regime changes in history AUburn took the field in Starkville to take on Mississippi St. After stunted drives the bulldogs struck lighting first after former Florida commit Bumphis caught a long streak pass down the hash mark and into the redzone. Relf then went to work in the Bulldog heavy and eventually Punched it on 3rd down. Auburn struggled to answer and found themselves looking for a big play. After the ensuing drive stalled, Relf and gang pounced with a long methodical drive again on third down a 5 yard strike across the middle. Auburn then down 14-0 and all sorts of adversity needed to catch lightning in a bottle. On 2nd down QB Cam Newton checked on his first two targets and underthrew a open Terrell Zachary on a fly down the sideline. After a poorly judged ball by the defender the ball popped of the safety's helmet and into Zachary's hands and the race was on, Auburn was back in business. From there it was all War eagle. A quick switch up made Michael Dyer the premire back, Miss St was stacking the boz with the bigger bruising back Fanin in, so Coach decided to bring in some speed on the edge. Dyer loosened the defense up and the 3 RB system went into place. Cam Newton was a star down the stretch finding open receivers in his third and fourth progressions for big gains. After a Bynum field goal the route was on, a fumble and then a scoop and score put the Tigers in command before the half. The second half was pretty uneventful except for Newtons stellar pass to Zachary again, Newton who spread the ball around rather well and did go through most of his progressions continued to find Zachary for major gains. After mulling it out Auburn saw the finish line a exchange of scores in the 4th quarter gave the final 41-21 Auburn victory, and the tigers move to 2-0, and more importantly 1-0 under the new regime in place. Newton ran the zone reads rather well and gained some yardage, as expected the Wild Tiger was used occasionally but Newton seemed out of place maybe former QB Kody Burns may find some snaps running out of the WT. It seems as is the top incoming Back in the country Michael Dyer is ready to take most of the carries, next week will certainly be a baptism by fire when the Lunch pal Bud Foster defense rolls into town.

Gameballs: Zachary and Newton

Stat of the game: Newtons ypcomp: 21.6

19. williatr

williatr Walk On

Terell Pryor took the Buckeyes down to my 25 yard line in the fourth quarter with 2:00 minutes left and then I picked him off. It was great turnovers did really hurt them this game.

20. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

HAHA!!! That's funny... right after a regime change to team goes in the hole vs a team they should handle, but the new coaches finally gets them to wake up and play to their potential.

21. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Boston College upsets #25 Houston; 34-9.

details

22. williatr

williatr Walk On

FIU no match for the Hurricaine. They get shut out 45-0 with turnovers being a huge reason for the loss.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$00125a401766_F3CB_6A0CFD9D&dynid=62411&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=2

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Ole Miss 43
    Wake Forest 45

Spud beat me in triple OT...I was up 10 in the 4th quarter and got beat. Might have had something to do with us drinking margaritas while we played in my apartment haha.

Masoli is straight awful at thowing the ball by the way, the Wake QB made him look like a JV player.