Week 2 | Season 1 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mike E, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida State Runs Over SMU
    [​IMG]
    Wins 31-10

After slipping into two separate parallel dimensions, this game was finally able to be played. On the 3rd play of the game QB E.J. Manuel threw a pick 6 and things looked grim. However, Jimbo Fisher decided to take the game out of E.J.'s hands and trust his two-headed dog at Running Back. Chris Thompson and Devonta Freeman took the challenge and ran with it. Over the course of the next 3 and a half quarters, the two backs hammered the smaller SMU defense to the tune of 218 yards. Chris Thompson bounced back from his poor performance and totalled 134 yards and 2 TDs on 21 carries. Devonta Freeman ran for 84 and a touch before leaving in the 3rd quarter with a mild concussion.

The Florida State defense gave up some yardage through the air in this one, but again, held the opposing offense to -10 yards for the day. This was in part, due to the savage blitz package that DC Mike Stoops came out with for the game. In total, the defense racked up 6 more sacks on the day. After two good wins, things finally get cranked up as ACC play begins when the Seminoles face an underrated Wake Forest team at Doak.

E.J. Manuel - 7/11 -1 TD, 1 INT
    Devonta Freeman - 14 carries - 84 yards -1 TD
    Chris Thompson - 21 carries - 134 yards - 2 TDs

2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

that is a great team, before the freezes they were killing me...

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 - Los Angeles, California

The 17th Ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers traveled to Los Angeles, California in Week 2 of season one in Pushing For Paydirt. Without them, was Taylor Martinez, Heisman hopeful, out with a broken hand. Making the upset all the more likely with Brion Carnes at the helm, the Bruin defense would pressure early and often to try and shake the young man from Miramar, Florida's confidence.

UCLA would extend their record of scoring on their first possession to two games, leading off the game with Ricky Marvray catching a 40 yard streak from Brett Hundley. While that would spark the crowd at the Rose Bowl, it would not spark the UCLA offense immediately. The remainder of the quarter consisted of punts and punt returns, until good field position would allow UCLA to kick a field goal taking the lead 10-0. Sparks were about the only thing you could use to classify the Nebraska offense, unless you count that sparks must have been flying for how many times mistakes slapped the brakes on their drives. Brion Carnes would throw his first interception of the game, allowing UCLA to build another streak of having two interceptions returned for touchdowns in a row, taken back 41 yards by Aaron Hester for the TD.

Nebraska's only bright spot of the first half was a drive stalled at 3rd and 17, and had Carnes beat the blitz completing a pass to Ben Cotton who'd rumble down the field for a 40 yard touchdown catch. Allowing Nebraska to go into the break down 17-7, and receiving the ball at the end of the halftime.

The brakes were slammed again, as Carnes would muster a quick three and out to start the second half, allowing Brett Hundley to throw a strike to Jerry Rice Jr. from 38 yards out, reclaiming that dominant 17-point lead; 24-7. So early in the 3rd quarter, with 5 minutes remaining, the Nebraska defense would start to play to their potential. While their offense left something to the imagination, good field position allowed a field goal and a Rex Burkhead touchdown from 2 yards out to put the game within one score, 24-17 UCLA. But with only three minutes remaining, UCLA conservatively ran the ball to hold onto the upset, with Johnathan Franklin finding a hole through the defense rushing for a quick 62 yard score, extending the UCLA lead to 14. Nebraska would score once again, with 47 seconds remaining, but a failure to complete the Onside Kick sealed their fate as Giants that would fall to David.

Final Score
    Nebraska 24 - 31 UCLA

Player of the Game
    Brett Hundley - 18 for 31, 245 passing yards, 2 Touchdowns and One Interception

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Damn you barely got by Nebraska man I think Martinez would have been there you may have lost, anyway nice win man. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Trojans defeat Orangemen 42-32!
    [​IMG]
    In week 2 the Trojans would travel all the way to Syracuse, New York to take on the Syracuse Orangemen. We got things going this week/ Matt Barkley had an awesome game throwing for 404 yards, completing 22 out of 28 passes and throwing 3 touchdown's. I couldn't be more thrilled with the passing game it's the running game that has me a little concerned. We rushed for only 94 total yards on 21 carries but we did manage to run it in on the goal line twice. On defense we did better but I am still not satisfied. We have got to wrap up and stop trying to arm tackle. The other teams are breaking WAY too many tackles. Next week we have to travel to Stanford and hope to win our conference opener.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Player Of The Game: QB #7 Matt Barkley
    Attempts/Completions Yards TD's INT's
    22/28 404 3 1

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    [​IMG] 7 14 7 14 42
    [​IMG] 7 10 7 8 32
    PFP week 2 scoring s1.PNG
    Team Stats
    PFP week 2 team stats s1.PNG

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  7. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Canes upset Wildcats in Manhattan

Miami 38
    Kansas St 34

Miami avenged a lost from the previous season for a second time in two weeks with its victory over Kansas St. It was back and forth all game. Colin Klein and the K State offense were very effective with a nice balanced 274 yards passing and 215 rushing. Miami countered that with a punishing rushing attack, they ran the ball 38 times for a total of 179 yards and 3 scores. Senior HB Mike James had 161 of those yards and 2 TDs, but he went down in the 3rd and will be out for two weeks. Miami QB Ryan Williams again managed the game well and made big plays when needed , he finished 10 of 19 for 177 yards and 2 touchdowns. A solid win over a ranked opponent will help Miami exercise some ghosts and get ready for next week as Coach Golden gets ready to welcome the team he built up from nothing in Temple in the Miami home opener.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

• Like Like x 3
  9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Beautiful! How long, roughly, did it take you to edit all that down?

10. I Peench

Not too long, maybe 45 minutes? I'd imagine that was in large part due to the fact that I'd never done this...

Processing the videos takes a bit of time though

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

That's awesome. I need the Elgato!

12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

dude, that is awesome.

13. Bulldog

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

EA Sports Makes Turd of a Game again and again and I keep buying it again and again ......
    A.K.A. CPU does impossible shit to beat Oregon !
    Tulsa 51
    Oregon 28

The Oregon Ducks traveled to Tulsa to take on the cheese ball offense that is the Golden Hurricanes , thinking they actually had a chance to win. Little did the Oregon football team know but this game was decided once the schedule was made, and no chance ever really existed.

This game started off well as Oregon was driving down the field when ....... low and behold the 0.02$ disk locked up and Oregon had to go back into the lockeroom and wait to start playing again ...... After the world was re-booted Oregon got the opening kickoff a second time and took it to the house in what was sure to be a exciting game..... until the Ducks realized this was no game, but a really poorly executed attempt to look like a football game.

The Tulsa offense cheesed its way down field with the no huddle wildcat , blocking to and fro , busting the coverage with talent at WR that would rival an NFL pro bowl as they tied the game up. The Ducks got the ball back after the kickoff and proceeded to bow down to the vastly superior Tulsa defense , led by the new Tulsa defense coordinator pictured here:

misscleo.jpg

After a quick 3 and out Oregon punted and more cheese unfolded as the Tulsa HB stood tall in the pocket and delivered a strike of an out route from the wildcat as he gets drilled by the blitz, as the perfect spiral came floating into the Oregon DB a new Tulsa hero emerged ! It was backup TE and 69 OVR rated C. Green to the rescue as he plucked the way ward pass directly from the CB's liver region of his body , and proceeded to out run the Oregon secondary who were no match for his 78 rated speed.

Just when Oregon thought all hope was lost and that this game had reached its apex of amazing scripted CPU win drama , the Tulsa team made one more incredible play , one sure to make every Tulsa fan blow whoever made this years game....... As 3rd down came the Ducks were looking to get back into things , surely the CPU would call its go-to play ........ the HB screen ! Seeing this ahead of time, based on the 87% chance the CPU will call it on 3rd down , coach Danthraxxx called a man-coverage from the nickel and told the d-line to contain the outside , and his team to focus on the HB as he was as certain that he would get the ball as he is certain LeBron's hairline will be back even further next season. Much to nobody's surprise the screen was on , Tulsa's QB dropped back with lobbyish precision , and hit the HB who would have been the focus of the defense if the game was able to support logic , but in a not so shocking twist he was wide open ...... and as you can see from below the HB is clearly the second coming of Tebow's savior as he ran & trucked & spun & spun his way into the end zone.

After the game coach Danthraxxx was not available , however our PFP TMZ reporters were able to catch this exclusive video of him later on in the day

funny-gifs-angry-garbageman.gif

15. I Peench

Danthraxxx this post is legendary. Absolutely legendary.

...too bad its in week 2 instead of 3 :p

16. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

seems legit...

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

as if week 2 & 3 are different from week 3 & 2 .... from NCAA '12 ...... :mad:

Love ya Peench ;) (no homo)

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Beaver's Lose By Three
    First and foremost EA can suck it with their "updating the servers" last night. I had Wisconsin beat going into the 4th Quarter up 14-7, and then I could no longer connect so I replayed the game this morning. Here is what happened.​
    Last night Reser Stadium was rocking as the Oregon State Beavers hosted the Badgers of Wisconsin. This one was so lop sided that it was not even funny. OSU averaged -0.3 yards a carry, -4 total rushing yards, and was 1-10 on 3rd conversions. The only reason this game was any close was due to the play of their defense but even they could not keep up the intensity since the offense ept going three and out.​
    The first quarter started out promising as OSU was moving the ball well through the air and had somewhat success on the ground. Sophomore QB Sean Mannion would put OSU up 7-0 with a beautiful throw to star wideout Markus Wheaton. Wisconsin would rattle off 14 points before the closure of the first quarter. The first score came from a 32 yard reception by WR Jared Abrredederis and the second was from a 18 yard rush by RB Montee Ball. In the second quarter Wisconsin showed its powerful offense by moving the ball down the field with ease. They would wind up scoring 10 more points, bringing the total to 24 unanswered points. Sean Mannion would rally the troops one more time before halftime and was able to score with a 1 yard TD to his TE Caleb Smith as time ran out. Wisconsin was up 24-14 at the end of one half.​
    OSU put up a tremendous fight in the third quarter picking the ball off three times. The defense put their offense in a position to succeed but they either squander it away with dropped passes, no blocking, or just not having good field position. The Beavers would score right before the third quarter ended to make it a 24-21 game, but on the very next play the worn out defense gave up a big passing play to set up an easy 1 yard score. Craziness happened in the fourth quarter and it definitely felt like OSU was going to steal a victory, but the Badgers were not having it. After hitting a FG OSU needed a miracle to happen. With less than a minute they got that miracle. After exhausting all three timeouts Wisconsin was forced to kick a very long FG. Knowing the kicker probably could not make it Coach Saw called for the FG return. Star CB Jordan Poyer stayed back to hopefully receive the ball. The kick was short and landed right into Poyer's hands. The coverage was not their and he flew past everyone to tie the game up at 31 apiece. Wisconsin received the kickoff and got down the field in three plays leaving the OSU fans stunned. With 2 seconds left K Kyle French would win the game with a 21 yard FG.​
    This was a hard lose to chew but the Beavers need to find a way to move the ball on offense or this season will be a long one. Next week they have off so Coach Saw will be working them all week on the practice field!​
    FINAL SCORE: 34-31
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: WR Jared Abrredederis- 5 rec, 108 yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 3
  20. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG]

21. Bulldog

dayummmm thats fucked up

22. Bulldog

This is week 3 recap bro wrong thread (y) I Peench