Week 2 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 17, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 2 - Season 1

Hard Advance for Thursday @ 8:00 pm Central.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Florida State 0-1 Troy W 41-3
    Pappa Perry NC State 1-0 ECU W 38-24
    Jman Maryland 1-0 Tulane W 56-14
    Spatin #23 Miami 1-0 BYE - -
    KennyLSU #14 Georgia Tech 1-0 Clemson W 31-21
    Dru50 #12 North Carolina 1-0 @ Connecticut W 54-7
    Dakota7 #18 Nebraska 1-0 Arkansas State
    Schmeezil Colorado 1-0 @ Toledo W 32-22
    jmillhimes Iowa State 1-0 #19 Iowa W 28-14
    Huronia8 #9 Oklahoma St 1-0 Houston W 44-17
    hornfan #3 Texas 1-0 @ Wyoming W 58-0
    Wader49 Texas A&M 1-0 BYE - -

Alright, if you haven't posted your scouting report thread yet, please do so.

**Make suer you never save the dynasty file. This fucks up the dynasty.**
    If you've done so, let me know.

Also, this thread is for us to talk. You're not expected to, but you can talk about anything in here relating NCAA or other.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

From reading SPatin's review it sounds like you guys had a good...and stubborn game. Just not feeling the offense with the 'Noles yet Murk?

How was the connection?

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

He played the CPU, we couldn't connect. My connection is fine/great, my NAT settings are open. I couldn't connect with Riptides all along because his were set to moderate. When he finally changed them to open we could play, no problem.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Out of curiousity, what is the plan if not connecting with him is an issue for others? I am running into this problem in a non-TF dynasty I do with some guys I played NCAA 2009 with. This year we let in a new guy and every person who has tried to play a game with him has run into the non-connecting issue you described in the main forum. It was so bad that two of his three user games got simmed and the one he played took he and I two hours of trial and error to get it to work.

Has SPatin been able to connect with anyone else on TF for a game?

I just think we should have a plan in place should the issue persist.

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I didn't know that about not saving the dynasty, I just tried to log in but my version is back to week 1 with no games played and no recruiting time used.

Should I just wait until someone does their recruiting or plays a game so I can get the updated version or will that not work?

6. Dru50

You should be able to just delete the saved version you have on your hard drive and then reload the dynasty from the lobby (just don't save it this time). That worked when I ran into that problem in the first dynasty I was in on this version back in July.

7. Jman

That sucks!!

But wow, for a Human/CPU game that was a good score...we've had good ones so far.

8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea, South Carolina put me through hell. I expect another tough game with ECU, especially since it's a rivalry. BTW Murk, I'll have my game and stuff done Wednesday. I got a family thing tonight.

9. Dru50

I will be able to get my UNC game and recruiting done this evening.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I thought we were gonna do 72 hour advances? I'm not complaining........just want to be clear.

11. Jman

72 hour unless we're ready to go earlier.

12. dakota7

Of course. Murk has the next hard advance set for Thursday at 8pm central, which is about 53 hours. I'm gonna try to be done by Thursday at 8pm, but I might need Friday morning yet to finish.

13. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

I should be able to get mine done tomorrow. Week 3 will be where I may slack. My parents are coming to visit this weekend since I have to work Wednesday and Friday of next week. I won't be able to play until late Sunday night.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If it his NAT setting it must be set to open. I can't see or check his xbox for myself, so I have no clue, and I am by no means an expert on these type of things. I just think that that is the problem since I at one point had strict NAT and couldnt connect with people. Then I couldn't connect with Riptides forever, and it turns out he had moderate NAT the whole time.

Same thing happened with Shmeezil, I had to delete/reinvite him to the dynasty. Try deleting the file from your hard drive first, I never thought of that.

Yes, but I expect everyone to play their games as soon as they can. If at any point someone needs an extra day they just need to tell me, and they can have it.

However, if everyone has played their game, but one person and that one person hasn't said anything on the board I will probably advance.

15. Dru50

When I ran into the connection issue (and like you, I'm no expert on this IT stuff), it was odd because he and I could exchange messages, but we couldn't log into an Xbox Live Party, couldn't chat and couldn't connect for a game. I believe (in the case in my other dynasty) that the issue is on the other guys side since all the other dynasty members could connect to each other, but like you mentioned, I couldn't see what this other guy was doing. I only bring it up since in my other dynasty we are still muddling through this but I'm nearing a point where this guy may not be able to participate because we're having to sim every one of his user games.

My brother in law had a similar issue last year with COD-MW and it was his NAT settings on his router that were at the heart of the problem. I've heard that people who connect through a router in a dorm or apartment building can run into that issue as well.

As long as we work it out before the UNC-Miami game it doesn't matter to me. I plan on taking down the Canes and don't want to depend on a CPU sim job to get the task done.:D

16. dakota7

Yes, but I expect everyone to play their games as soon as they can. If at any point someone needs an extra day they just need to tell me, and they can have it.

However, if everyone has played their game, but one person and that one person hasn't said anything on the board I will probably advance.

Okay, sounds good. Just a heads up then, I might need that extra time. I'm gonna try to get it in tomorrow, but I have to work on Thursday, so I can't play. (I'm a firefighter, so I'll be at the station for 24 hours.....can't play xbox here, but I can post on TF)

Thanks Murk

17. Jman

You mean they frown on playing NCAA football whilst having to go save lives/property? Whats the world come to? ;)

We've got an eclectic assortment in this dynasty, I'm a coach/teacher, you're a firefighter, Murk is a college ball player...pretty cool.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, it is definately the NAT settings. I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to feel like an expert on this shit. I tried every little thing possible.

Here's the thing, if both NAT settings are open = no problem
    But, if one is moderate they will be able to play some people, but not all people. And I think if that one person is me there is a less likely chance maybe because I'm at school?. I'm not sure. The best way to find out who he can/can't connect to is by inviting each other to an xbox live party.

If it takes forever to load, and then says 'cant connect', there is a disagreement between your NAT settings. If it is moderate, you will be able to connect with some, not all (like I said). It can be fixed, so SPatin, I recommend that you see who you can/can't connect with on your schedule. And if it is more than just me you need to figure out your NAT settings.

19. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I haven't had problems connecting with people in my other dynasty and with only a few here and there on random Xbox Live games... It appears that my NAT settings are open on the Xbox Live "Test Connection" screen and I have ran through two different web 'manuals' on how to open up your ports completely. So, I don't think we'll have problems, but as seems to be the consensus here, I'm not an expert on the stuff. And I've even read about individuals who, for no known reason, have had Open NAT settings and still had no success in connecting... If, however, this problem does persist, I might try to just straight connect (no router)...

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That would probably work, wish we would've tried that first.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

My game was pretty fun/interesting.

Troy was able to pass all over, and would run it on passing downs too. They mixed up through out the game very well!

After making it 7-3, they kicked off and I fumbled the return. Their offense came out onto the field, but I called a time out and challenged the play which would be reversed. That was a huge momentum swing, and they never recovered.

22. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

I work at NASA and I have two big projecs that are starting up so my hours are shifting daily. Having to be on a telecon with the RSA(Russian Space agency) or JAXA(Japanese) is rough with the time difference. JAXA is not bad we usually have those around 7 pm cst. RSA is a different story. They like to chat around 3 am cst.

23. Jman

Kenny, that shit is just nuts.

In other news, Maryland THROTTLES pitiful Tulane 56-14...again my #2 'D' gives up points. Offensively I had to sub down to my 3rd HB in the 4th quarter and kept getting 7 yards a pop...had to TRY not to score at the end as Tulane really wanted to get me into trouble with Murk.

24. Dru50

I had a similar experience vs UConn. My backups were in for the end of the 3rd and the entire 4th quarters running almost nothing but dive plays up the middle. I was still gaining 5-7 yards a pop and moving down the field. I suppose I should have taken a knee at the 2 to end the game but I wanted to give my backup a chance for a TD since he worked to get down the field.

It's going to be interesting when UNC meets Georgia Tech in week 4, with two teams very reliant on the run matching up. In user games I usually do a pretty good job stopping the run and I usually can't run to save my life. The team that can slow down the opponent running game could run away with a blowout.

25. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

SHould be a good game. I am very new at the fleXbox One but I am having some fun running it. I played some people online last week to gear up for the league and had pretty good success. Nesbitt and Dwyer carry tacklers. There are some pretty good passing plays in the formation as well.

It's weird. In any other league on 3rd and 6 I would be passing but now I look to the option to pick up those 6 yds. It's fun.