Week 2: Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Jan 5, 2011.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Place your game summaries here.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Jackets had a chance, but they decided to piss this one away late. Up 14 with 1:40 left on the clock in the 4th, Tech gave up a long TD pass, an onside kick, and a 4th down pass for a TD with no time left on the clock. After Florida scored on their first offensive play in overtime, they held the Jackets on four straight run attempts, and that's how it ended. Gators win. Jackets get back to business next week.

3. justadude

justadude Walk On

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Check the pic. That's the catch that sent the game to OT.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I was going to put up a summary this evening when I got home from work. Looks like Arch did it better than I could. Fellas, look out! Arch's running attack is sick...Luck was the biggest factor in this. The onside kick took a funky deflection off a cpu controlled yellow jacket. He outplayed me by a wide margin in this one.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I also am going to go out on a limb and nominate Joshua Nesbitt for player of the week. What was his stat line Arch?

7. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

Notre Dame 38
    Michigan 13
    The Irish took care of Michigan at home. After going up 14-3 early, Notre Dame gave up a 79 yard TD run from QB Denard Robinson. But Dayne Crist led the Irish back with TD passes to Floyd, Rudolph, and Jones.
    Player of the Game on offense was Michael Floyd who caught 9 passes for 117 yards and 2 TDs. On Defense CB D. Walls caught 3 big interception and was named the overall player of the game.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

That"s the first good on-side I've seen. Looks like a heck of a game.

9. justadude

justadude Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Good:

Although the rushing stats were given a boost by Green's 41 yard scamper that put the final nail in the Crimson Tides coffin, it was an effective alternative to the passing game. Newsome filled in well for McGloin going 15-22-220-2-2. Both picks were tipped balls and one was me scrambling to hit the throw away button and hitting the wrong button. Out gaining Bama 416-144 and going 8-11 of third downs.

The Defense sacked McElroy 5 times knocking him down and harassing him all day long. Both turnovers were key to winning the game. The first deep in Alabama territory with the score 27-21 and the other killing the Crimson Tides last real chance at getting back into the game with 3 minutes left.

The Bad:

Up 7-0 middle of the 1st Quarter, the defense made McElroy and the rest of the Alabama Offense go three and out, only to have McGloin throw directly to a defender on a blitz (it would be his last of the game). Alabama tied the game and picked off Newsmoe first pass on a tipped ball going on to take the lead 14-7.

The Ugly:

On the play that Alabama took the lead on, a 4th & 1 on the PSU 1 yard line, McElroy spun out of a sure sack, stumbling, before throwing the go ahead score.

Noteworthy:

Royster went down on the first drive of the game, McGloin on the 3rd play of Penn States second possesion. All of PSUs and most of Alabama's penalties were 15 yard Facemasks.

In Closing:

A much better effort this time around. The offense, using the USF playbook had a much greater sense of purpose. The defense contained Ingram well.

10. kaluelsa

kaluelsa Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Summary
    I lost Impact RB Shane Vareen early in the first quarter. My QB also missed big chunks of the game with a recurring back injury. It was a sloppy game on my side, with 5 turnovers. I managed to get first downs when I needed them and totally outgained Colorado. The stats are showing up wrong though. They only had 7 first downs and 100 yards offense (from scrimmage)

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Great looking game kalueslsa...good stats and it seems like it was tough...also that 7.8 yards per completion is pretty darn sim. You should be proud.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zac Lee came into his own passing for 18 of 32 for 2 TD's and 3 INT's. Rex Burkhead completed 2 passes from the wildcat. As Nebraska came from behind to win the game in the 4th quarter. Fullback Tyler Legate came up huge with 2 big catches in the fourth quarter as Lee found him wide open in the flat.

Note: I think there was one clipping penalty in the whole game. Gameplay was great.