Week 2 (season 1)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jul 16, 2011.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

May 17, 2009
    Miami U vs LA Tech
    The 1-0 Miami Redman head to the armpit of America to take on the 0-1 Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech. On paper this looks like a easy win for the U lite but you never know in user games. I think this will be a close one but Miami pulls it out in the end 24-14. Vegas says Miami is giving 6 to LA TECH take it now before it climbs to 10.

FCS Southeast vs CMU
    Wow this one won't be close. Nice schedule... Coach Murkya is jealous. CMU in a laugher 40-14 CPU will give up the 14 cause they suck.

Temple vs Akron
    Temple should walk all over Akron. The Owls are 1-0 and should improve to 2-0 with a win in tire city. Temple is laying 14 in this one. I say take the points and drink heavely as Akron keeps it close but Temple pulls it out 24-20
    Fresno State vs UW
    Fresno is coming off of a come from behind win against Cal at home. They stay in the PAC-12 traveling to UW to take on the Huskies. UW is a 3 pt favorite as they have home field but I think the V take its too them and comes away with a 30-20 pt win.

NIU vs Rice
    Big time user game here folks as this is already both coaches 2nd of the year. Rice is 0-1 and needs this win because they are in the tougher conference. NIU won't give it away easily. Look for this to be a close one coming down to a good punt return to set up a FG to win or lose it for NIU. I say NIU 17 Rice 15.
    UTEP vs SMU
    UTEP is coming off an underwelming win vs an FCS team. SMU is poised to become the next TCU. I say go with SMU but beware of the Miners as they have an impressive O its the SMU O that should crush any hope UTEP has as their D is horrible with a capital S. SMU 34 UTEP 27.

SoMiss vs Marshall
    The big game of the week as it is a user game with conference implications. SoMiss gets the talent nod as they have weapons and speed that the Herd might have trouble with. Austin Davis is fast and he can chuck the ball a long way down the field. Look out for his backfield mate Kendrick Hardy who is quick and shifty. For Marshall well when your two best offensive players are rated 81 and one of them is a LT you gotta be good on the sticks to even score against the CPU let alone a user. I give this one to SMU as they just have too much talent for Marshall to overcome. SMU 28 Herd 10.

• Like Like x 3
  2. sreese

sreese Walk On

Mar 14, 2010
    great work york!!!!!
  3. jnewcomer5

jnewcomer5 Walk On

Jun 10, 2011
    sweetness! i have a feeling smu might take me down as well. marshall is not the best squad but I'll do my best.
  4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Apr 19, 2009
    I already wish I would've chose defensive coordinator!
  5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Mar 5, 2011
    Nice work. I have back to back FCS teams, which I'm not excited about. Haha.