Week 2, Season 2 - The Cathedral

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Oct 8, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced to Week 2!

Advance Schedule:
    -when 10/10 ready or
    -Sunday, 1030pm EST

Week Notes:
    -no games except the one I played with Mormon's wife Towanda (she's white)

• Like Like x 2
  2. vatechhokie01

MWC making a statement early as BYU gets huge win over Texas and UNLV dominates the Big 10's Minnesota.

After the game, we caught up with UNLV's Coach Hale for a quick comment, "Man. We might actually have a quarterback. If he can prove that to me one more game, I might let him throw more than 15 passes. That was crazy exciting. What a difference a year makes... unless you're like 26yrs old, 5'4, and your balls haven't dropped like Maryland's new O-Coordinator. Then I guess a year doesn't make any difference at all. Eh."

• Like Like x 1
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

51-10 win. game freeze at manage highlights screen.

I keep saying that I won't do highlights, but I keep trying.

photo.JPG

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

BOYD, OFFENSE SHINE IN OPENER
    New offensive coordinator Ryan Weaver knew that all eyes would be on his offense in the Tigers opener. Just a year ago, Clemson was among the worst offenses in the nation. The new look Tiger offense certainly did not disappoint in the opener of the 2012 campaign. The offense rolled up over 500 yards of offense as Clemson cruised to a 52-14 victory over Ball State.

Quarterback Tajh Boyd was for the most part precise minus his 2 interceptions. Boyd threw for 300 yards and 4 td's on the day. He also tallied 10 carries for 43 yards and a score. The tailback duo of Andre Ellington (15 carries, 72 yards, 1 td) and Mike Bellamy (6 carries, 149 yards, 1 td) was nearly unstoppable. Wideouts DeAndre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins each caught 4 balls for 80 + yards. Watkins had 2 td catches. All world TE Dwayne Allen had 3 catches for 61 yards and a score.

5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I've had the same issue with the highlights page. I've had two games (season 1) freeze when going to the manage highlights page. I've just quit trying.

My team is SO much better than it was last year. I brought in a bunch of JUCO players and it has made a ton of difference. This season could be very fun. The user games aginst UNLV and SJSU will be HUGE!

I sense that the first user NC will come from the MWC, where Champions play!

6. vatechhokie01

that's right baby! the new SEC!... clearly.

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

my game will be played tonight and i cant wait to play! even though my whole offseason sucked due to life im still pumped and waiting to build this program!!! almost back to normal in the videogame world for me so get ready for the Ravishing one and my robe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i also bought fifa 12 if anyone wants to get their ass kicked by team USA

9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

has team USA ever kicked anyone's ass?

• Like Like x 1
  10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

more like the soon to be MAC's minnesota

• Like Like x 1
  11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Up 21-3 on wvu in the third.....froze. son of a bitch

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Well that sucked....

After having #17 on the ropes early, we started over. The second time, the Terps Defense let up some big plays early, and after having a relative quiet opening qtr, two Maryland fumbles allowed WVU to get up and stay up. Danny O'Brien was hounded from the start by the DLINE of WVU, he still had an ok day throwing the ball, going for 351 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 Int late in the endzone as time expired. Maryland was horrible on third downs, going 3-13 on the day. DJ Adams had 57 yards on 13 carries but with Maryland being down early, he didn't get many looks. 7 diffrent WR's had catches on the day, leading the way was Kerry Boykins with 7 for 168 yards.

13. vatechhokie01

I can't believe you losers haven't played your games yet... its a new season!

P.S. pro, you are good at content and just plain being a person. you are not good at this game.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Rumours are that head coach Scott Henry was so obliterated on the sidelines that he couldn't stand straight. But boy can he still coach! EMU opened the season with a 35 to 18 victory over FIU. And it was the defense that took control of this game. After true frshman RB Stephen Smalls(he's also 5'8) went down on injury in the first quarter, EMU's offense stalled. That's when FIU started turning the ball over left and right. 2 int's and a fumble later, the score was out of reach and EMU soared with an easy victory.

Coach Henry needed to be helped off the field and into bed after the game for he knows that tomorrow morning is not going to be good

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Coach Goose has broughten Temple's Offensive playbook with him to Virginia. I still suck at running the spread but at least it's a playbook that I know, sort of.

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

Almost upset in Texas!!

The Virginia Cavaliers almost came away with a program defining win in the first game of the 2012 season. They eventually came up just short in the 28-21 loss. Coach Goose had this to say about the game "Things are definitely looking up for us. I'm pleased with the way the guys played today. We were definitely the underdogs today, we were a little over matched. If our line gives Watford, or Rocco better protection it definitely could have been a huge upset. But it's hard as hell to win a game when your QB is consistently on his ass. If they weren't getting sacked, they were getting knocked down almost every throw. We'll work on somethings this week, and next week we should look alot better. It's really going to be a huge adjustment going to coaching just the offense compared to coaching the whole game. It made it harder to get into the drive."