Week 2 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 12, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 2 - Season 2

Deadline for advance - Friday or @ Murk's Discression

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado VS #16 NC State User v. User 45-17
    #22 Florida State - BYE
    Oklahoma - BYE
    #2 Miami VS #7 Ohio State Game of the Week 44-13
    Mizzou @ #24 Clemson 26-9
    #16 NC State @ Colorado User v. User 17-45
    #18 Nebraska VS Iowa 35-17
    #4 Oklahoma State VS #19 Virginia Tech User v. User 28-7
    Texas A&M VS Louisiana Tech 59-20
    #19 Virginia Tech @ #2 Oklahoma State User v. User 7-28

User games wk 2 are....
    VT @ OKST
    NC ST @ COL

Murk is in control while I'm gone (until the 18th)

Don't worry about me if we get through week 4 and need to go to 5 while I'm gone, I can deal with a sim if necessary.

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Oklahoma is recruited up for week 2.

I have one more rather large post to make at some point tonight that I'll need all of you to read and then I'll be gone. I'll check in on my iPhone as much as possible so don't hesitate to still PM me or go through Murk to get ahold of me as he has my phone#.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Post those summaries!!

Bulgy, you're invite was sent last night. You have an FCS team, so go easy. If you are wanting to switch still let me know.

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I appreciate it. I will check tonight and let you know who i am interesred in.

5. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

wow has anyone ever seen a year with this little ammount of 5 stars
    only 26 of them. I've seen years when there is 40+

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

That's got a lot to do with the progression fix

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

After I take my 6, doesn't leave many for you guys......

8. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Rebuilt Oklahoma State defeats Virginia Tech at Home 28-7

Oklahoma State came into the contest starting 6 true freshman and a new starter at QB Alex Cate. After some early troubles offensively the Cowboys were able to find the endzone on a Markelle Martin 70 yard interception return for a touchdown.

Cowboys found their grove offensively and were able to punch in a score with only 0:55 left in the 2nd quarter with a Richards reception on a heavy Hokie blitz.

Virginia tech caught the Cowboy defense on its heals to begin the 3rd quarter and Ryan Williams caught a screen pass and dashed 46 yards for the major, seamingly outrunning the entire Cowboy defense in the process.

On the ensuing drive the Cowboys answered with a powerful 3 yard run from Senior Fullback B.J. Ward.

To cap off the game the Cowboys had a time consuming drive in the 4th quarter which ended up with a 2 yard Plug into the endzone for freshman tailback Pratt, at 1:22.

Game Ball - Markelle Martin
    After starting all 14 games last season at Strong Saftey for the Cowboys, Markelle was shifted out to corner to replace former all-conference CB Parrish Cox. Markelle had an extremely good game, picking off two passes and running one back 70 yards for a touch down. While his understudy at Strong Saftey freshman Aaron Rogers also had a strong first showing in Clearwater, registering 8 tackles.

Honorable Mention: Freshman DE Justin Ramirez 3 tackles, 1 tfl, 1 sack, 1 int
    Freshman OLB Justin Barnes 2 tackles, 2 ints

9. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Texas A&M overwelms Louisiana Tech at home 59-20

Despite having a nice opening drive on the aggies, LA Tech was held at bay by the A&M defense, and couldnt do anything to stop Jerrod Johnson and company on defense. LA Tech was held to 264 yards of total offense, including only 30 yards rushing on 26 attempts. They also were intercepted once.

The aggies on offense had likely their best balanced day on offense since the new ownership came in 2 years ago. Combining for 484 total yards on the ground and in the air, the LA Tech defense was completely off balance and couldnt stop either attack. The rushing attack was led by Cyrus Gray and Jerrod Johnson. The running game set up lethal play action passes to recieving options short and deep, and JOhnson connected on most of them on this day. The Aggies were also Turnover Free.

Player of the game:
    Jerrod Johnson had complete control of hte offense, using his legs and arm when needed. Picking up huge first downs and not turning the ball over

Stats:
    QB Johnson 14-23, 252 yards, 2 TD, 6 car, 68 yards, 1 TD
    RB Gray 11 car, 38 yards, 2 TD
    RB Michael 13 car, 66 yards, 1 TD
    RB Stephens 9 car, 51 yards, 1 TD
    WR Fuller 3 rec, 62 yards
    TE Bonner 3 rec, 28 yards, 1 TD
    WR Nwachukwu 3 rec, 70 yards, 1 TD

DE Von Miller 3 sacks, 6 TKL
    CB Judie 1 INT

bye week next week

10. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Battle of the Tigers

Both teams came out with great defence. Missouri recieved and quickly went three and out punting the ball to Clemson. Clemson drove down the field but fumbled on Missouris 30 yard line keeping the game scoreless in the first quarter.

Missouris rushing game was once again very effective in week two. They held the most rushing yards in week one and were hoping to keep that after week two. Starter Derrick Washington once again had injury problems, getting knocked out of the game on only his third carry. However this did not slow Missouri down, as backup RB Devion Moore once again stepped up to take on the starter role. He rushed for 188 yards on 38 attempts, breaking out on 25 yarder for a TD.

QB Blaine Gabbert although threw a pick had a very successful game completing 15/19 passes for 158 yards and 1 TD. If Missouri ever falls behind in a game watch out for him to single handedly bring his team back.

The Missouri Tigers kept Clemson out of the endzone all game only allowing 3 FGs one being a 56 yarder resulting in the final score Missouri 26 Clemson 9. Although they dominated the game Coach Wellar wasn't too happy with the win. In an interview he stated "We are getting it done on the scoreboard but if we keep turning the ball over one day it will cost us." Missouri struggled holding onto the football once again, fumbling twice and a poor overthrown ball resulted in Blaine Gabberts first INT of the season.

Player of the Game: DE Aldon Smith - 6 Tackles(4 TFL), 3 Sacks, 1 FR

Highlights: Making Vid Tomorrow

Team Stats
    Clem MIZ
    Score 13 51
    First Downs 13 24
    Total Offence 261 423
    Rushing Yards 72 265
    Passing Yards 189 158
    Turnovers 2 3
    Fumbles 1 2
    Intercepted 1 1

11. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Hurricanes Blow Past #7 Buckeyes, 44-13

The Miami defense held Ohio State to zero first downs in the first half, however, the Buckeyes did manage to put themselves on the board with their first possession by way of a 78-yard touchdown pass from Terrelle Pryor to Devier Posey.

With the exception of one other big play, a 34-yard touchdown pass from Pryor to Posey, the Buckeyes struggled all around - racking up just 32 yards rushing and going 9 of 17 through the air with two interceptions.

On the other side, Miami QB Jacory Harris went 19 of 24 for 278 yards. Four different ball carriers made their way to the end zone in the game (Harris and HBs Damien Berry, Graig Cooper, and Lee Chambers). WR Laron Byrd caught four passes for 117 yards, while early season Heisman "dark horse" Aldarius Johnson brought in three balls for 55 yards.

The defensive standout was Miami MLB Arthur Brown who picked off both Pryor passes.

Coach Patin had this to say: "A.J. [Highsmith] was given permission to play. That's why some people are saying we ran up the score with that last possession. But, talking about that just takes away from the defense's performance tonight.. Spectacular! We knew we would provide some problems for Jim [Tressel], but I think we surprised some people, even as the #2 team in the nation... Well, look for more of that the rest of the year. If a team scores on us, that's a disappointment for our guys! That's just the way we play."

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

SP, I really hope we can play this year!

Can anyone give an update on how the week is looking...we almost done?

edit: looks like we are just waiting on Dakota according to the EASW site. It may be wrong, but it says he has recruited, but not played. Let me know when that is in, and I will advance right away.

13. dakota7

I'll play today. I'll post up when I'm done

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

About what time will you be getting on. Just curious, so I know when to.

15. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'll edit this post with my summary this evening.

16. dakota7

Nebraska beats Iowa. 35-17

Nebraska rebounded from last week's crushing defeat by laying it on the Hawkeyes. QB Latravis Washington reclaimed his starting job and was unstoppable. He passed for 182 yards and 3 scores while also running for 102 and 2 more scores.

17. hornfaninbama

UNC Hires Coach Bulgy

Former Texas Coach Resurfaces

Chapel Hill, NC- Former Texas coach Bulgy wasn’t out of a job long. After being forced out at Texas due to player abuse allegations Coach Bulgy signed a 3 year agreement with the Tar Heels.

The new Tar Heels coach says he is excited to be coaching again, and that he hopes he can continue the Tar Heels march to prominence. “I like what the previous coach started building here, and I know that there are some phenomenal young players on our roster. Hopefully we can build upon that this year and start to make North Carolina known for her football team too.â€ÂÂ

18. hornfaninbama

Bulgy Gets First Win

UNC Offense dominant

Chapel Hill, NC- On Saturday many national pundits predicted the UNC defense would have to be the dominating force for UNC to win. They were wrong. The offense stole the show Saturday, not that many of you saw it since it was an untelevised game, by running for 381 yards on 37 attempts. The last TD run of the day, an 84 yard power running clinic by Ryan Houston was phenomenal.

Shaun Draughn started off his senior year by running for 121 yards on 12 carries, with 4 TD’s. Normally that would put him as the team leader in yards, but he was eclipsed by his backup, junior Ryan Houston, who went off for 146 yards on 12 carries with 1 TD. Coach Bulgy decided to get a look at his offense from the inside out this week, “We were only on the job for 2 days before this game, we didn’t have a chance to put too much offense in this week. Plus we wanted to see how our offensive line would function as a unit, in the run game and also in a bare bones passing game.†If it sounds like the new head coach is trying to make excuses for his defense, he might be.

As dominant as the UNC offense was, the defense was inept on Saturday, allowing the FCS subdivision team roll up 403 yards and 329 passing. They weren’t able to bend and not break either allowing 32 points. “We weren’t able to put in most of our defense, we were trying to see how well they moved in space, and what each player could do. We played our entire 2 deep Saturday to get a look at people.â€ÂÂ

Coach Bulgy said he ran very basic schemes this week , partially because of the short time he was with the team, and partially because, “We needed to know how they played together so we can get some blitz packages lined up for this week. Next week at East Carolina you will get to see a little more of our defensive package.â€ÂÂ