Week 2 Season 2

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Dec 23, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Sunday @1159PM EST
    =============== #20 Washington Huskies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 42-7 against Iowa State (0-1).
    This week, the Huskies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Lawrence Vaughn has committed to Washington
    =============== UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 31-17 against Colorado (0-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Starkville to face the #4 Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Marion Nichols has committed to UCLA
    =============== Cal Golden Bears (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 31-14 against Colorado State (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host #24 Penn State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Sam Rowe has committed to Cal
    - (****) FS Mario Triplett has committed to Arizona State
    =============== #18 Oregon State Beavers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 48-7 against Michigan State (0-1).
    This week, the Beavers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Sam Rowe has committed to Cal
    =============== Utah Utes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 48-3 against UAB (0-1).
    This week, the Utes travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Ryan Lowery has committed to Nevada
    =============== #15 Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 42-10 against Boise State (0-1).
    This week, the Sun Devils are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Jimmy Davis has committed to Arizona State
    - (****) FS Mario Triplett has committed to Arizona State
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 42-3 against South Carolina (1-0).
    This week, the Wildcats will host Toledo (0-0).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Washington State won 42-14 against Nevada (0-1).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Lincoln to face the #10 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Bruins dismantle the #4 Bulldogs 51-10.​
    Damn not a offensive game at all for the Bruins. As Brehaut only went 9-13 for 203 yards and was pulled after halftime along with the first string offense as UCLA led at halftime 41-3. UCLA led 34-0 in the second quarter. The Bulldogs couldn't get anything going on offense and their QB fumbled which UCLA picked up and it back for a TD, and he threw one pick six but threw two INT's this game. The Bruins surprised the nation with such a huge upset.​

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

this may be one of the more frustrating games Ive played this year. I shouldnt be complaining but it is 30-0 and I have 3:44 left in the 1st quarter. Utah State has run 6 plays, has 3 INTs and a fumble lost that i returned for 6. Im not goign to get to play any offense again in this game.

I cant wait to get into user games

Update:
    Let the game settle in and slow down after the fast start. Wynn only threw for 175 yards and 3 TDs before being pulled. Palamo only was given 11 carries all game as well but went for 104 and a TD ball wsa spread out well to many players and very efficient against a very poor team.
    Defense ended with just 2 sacks, 3 INT, 2 FR, but did score 2 TDs. I also scored on a KR. My kicker was named player of the game with my conservative offense, his 4 FGs and 7 XP but ill take it

DBs missed some plays deep when i tried to leave them alone but I probably would have messed them up myself anyway. Utah State started very slow but with the big plays, put togetehr a good day with almost 500 total yards but -5 TO margin isnt gonna win many games

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  4. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Cougars No Match for Nebraska

Nebraska 47
    WSU 37

The talent gap was too much to overcome as I lose my first CPU game ever. This is going to a long season :mad: .

Nebraska players breaking 2-3 tackles each time they carried the ball. Their guys seemed to have a "force field" around them so I couldn't even wrap tackle.

Husker defensive Linemen running down my RB's from behind....linebackers running down my wide receivers.

Every ball thrown into my DBs hands....dropped.

3 stripped fumbles all recovered by Nebraska despite my players surrounding it.

Started mounting a comeback at the end of the half....magically my star wide receiver knocked out for the game!

Highlights

Nebraska converting a 4th down punt fake against double Safe defense:

This replay sums up the game:

I really look forward to my user games...CPU on Heisman w/ a lesser team REALLY blows lol.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

2nd replay is the funniest video I've seen in a while haha welcome to LV The Natural.

6. The Natural

You should have seen my face when it was happening I wasn't even mad, it was more like a crazed laughter. I had conservative tackle on for the entire game but their backs and receivers would break 2-3 tackles CONSISTENTLY, it was insane. Everytime I would blitz Taylor Martinez would just stiff arm the guy or run him over and then run for a 1st down lol.

7. CoachRedd

Unfortunately, I know what you speak of from experience... I dont even want to revisit what the CPU did to me my first 3 games last year.. sigh..

8. IrishBearcat

It takes some time to get used too. I'm sure you've seen a huge difference from those first few games up to now. You tore up a top 10 Boise State pretty good!

9. The Natural

I don't think there was anything I could have done differently, I just need to get more talent in here. The CPU always gets an O & D Line and break tackle boost that normal users don't. When the talent gap is that large it's hard to overcome. No matter I did I wasn't winning that game though. After that punt return and then my best player getting knocked out soon as I started coming back I knew I had no chance.

10. CoachRedd

Yeah... I dont think anyone went undefeated vs the CPU last year. I could be wrong but most people at least had one loss...and multiple users had 2 or more vs the CPU. This is just the reality when you play on Heisman and want to make the dynasty sim. So, no shame in losing to the CPU.

11. IrishBearcat

Fellas,

obviously with Christmas we'll be a little more patient, but JUST a little! :D

I'm going to try and play my game tonight, if not I will get it done tomorrow morning. Who else is still left?

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko