Week 2, Season 3 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Nov 11, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Advance Schedule:
    -when all are ready (except for Bulldog whom we aren't even sure cares anymore) or
    -Saturday midnight EST

Week Notes:
    -MWC/CUSA > MAC
    -Craig James > absolutely nobody on planet earth
    -sliders are tougher... deal with it
    -SMU falls to BYU first game of year after dream run
    -UNLV vs Kent pits MWC/CUSA vs MAC for 2nd straight week
    -Bulldog

2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Clemson Wins Shootout

After just one game, it is clear that the Tigers defense will have to get better in a hurry if they want to match last year national title. Right now, the secondary is not good, at all. Clemson was able to defeat Vanderbilt by a score of 55-35, but folks in Clemson are not happy with what they saw. The Commodores racked up 400 yards of offense through the air against a confused Tiger's defense. Fortunately, the Tigers are still loaded on the offensive side of the ball.

Tajh Boyd kicked off his Heisman campaign with this line: 18-25, 315 yards, 4 td, 0 int. He also ran it 9 times for 89 yards. He constantly found Hopkins and Watkins on the edge. Mike Bellamy, who could challenge Boyd for the Heisman, finished with 125 yards and 2 tds. He also caught a 32 yard td pass on a nifty PA wheel route.

Next up, the Tigers face UNC. The defense MUST improve.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

TRudethaDude

I don't think I'll be available tonight to play, my Aunt's in town and I have to visit her. I should be available most of the day tomorrow. Play when you wake up? I'll text you if I become available tonight.

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Weave, ugh. Really wish you were in LA right now with the bruins

5. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Weave would just turn UCLA into the #1 team in the country

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Yeah but he wouldn't be in my conference.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Just couldnt get it done against the Razorbacks. Fell behind 14-0 early, but was able to tie it up in the third quarter. Stopped them the next drive after squaring it up at 14 and then promptly fumbled the punt and had it returned for a TD. The rest of the game went back and forth and I had the ball with two minutes left in the game but was picked off by a DB playing man coverage on aother reciever that had his back to the ball. I just love how all the DBs react the second the ball is in the air, regardless of the direction they are moving!

I guess I'll just have to kick some Pony ass next next week to make me feel better!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Hey Goose I work tomorrow and it will be kinda bought to play early, but sometime between 11-1pm pacific I can come home and play.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Terps beat Temple at home

Needing a spark, the Terps wore all black against Temple. A different game plan was in order and Danny Obrien excelled under the new system Coach Mullen has brought in this season (I switched playbooks before the season started...hence the 5 picks week 1). The dual running back threat of Adams and Wilson had a day and Obrien didn't throw it to the other team...instead completing short to intermediate passes, setting up the home run ball to Adrian Coxson. This game was a tight faught effort showing there will be no freebies this season in College Park. Final 28-23.

Player of the Game, Jerimiah Wilson

• Like Like x 1
  10. Goose

Goose Walk On

Instant Classic in wherever in the Hell uVA plays.

Offensive Coordinator Anthony Edwards Sr. has had an unexpectant bright outlook on this years college football season. After a horrendous 2012 campaign where his offense lead the nation in worthlessness Edwards thinks this year looks better, why you might ask. The nations #1 quarterbacking recruit decided to come to uVA. How Coach Edwards talked him into becoming a Cavalier, no one will ever know. But Edwards did and Strong did not disappoint. Adrian Strong just went 15 of 19 for 220 yards and 2 Touchdowns. Strong also did something that Cavaliers fans are not used to. He threw ZERO picks.

The first quarter was highlighted by defense. Edwards was forced to call both the teams offensive and defensive plays as both the head coach and DC came down with an unexplained flu last night. The Hoos defense only gave up one big play for Butler in the first quarter and that was only a 17 yard strike to K. Nunn. The Spartans came in the Charlottesville primed to prove to the nation that their 11-2 season last year was no fluke. And that they did as the Spartan D held Virginia to a three and out on their first drive allowing Thompson to run the team into fieldgoal range. Waid hit a 49 yarder to give San Jose State the early 3-0 lead. Both D's forced punts during the second quarter until Strong caught Mathis on a corner route for a 17 yard touchdown. 7-3 Virginia into the half.

Coach Edwards fired the Cavailers up at halftime as they took the opening drive straight to the Spartan redzone, but that was where the Spartan D held strong forcing a 36 yard field goal attempt into the 12 mile an hour wind. Mack's attempt came up just short as Butler took over on his own twenty yard line and promptly threw a pick to L. Battle. But the Spartan D came up big again and forced the Cavailers to a three and out. Butler took the Spartans back down the field hitting Nunn for 46 yards until he threw a pick in the endzone to R. Walker.

Strong came out with a 7-3 lead with 4:03 left in the game and tried to run the clock down, but on a big 3rd and 8 Shepard was stripped of the ball after he picked up the first down. Spartan ball at the Virginia 32 yard line and Butler went to work. With 2:44 seconds in the game he lead the team to the endzone capping the drive with a 14 yard Thompson pitch to the left. 10-7 San Jose State.

But 1:54 was still enough time for Strong to show what he has as he completed all 4 passes he attempted for 64 yards as he found Jennings in the endzone on a fly route for 33 yards. "Coach Edwards has told me all spring that when the D shows press man coverage I give Jennings the hang ten sign he runs the fly. Coach said he'll get open 9 times out of 10 and this one he did. 14-10 Virginia, game over right? Wrong!!!

Butler leads the Spartans down the field with only 33 seconds on the clock. He completes a 20 yarder to Nunn, a 23 yarder to Grigsby, and a 27 yarder to Walker. The only problem is that Walker plays for Virginia. Game over right?

Wrong, Walker catches the ball at his own 2 and spins himself into the endzone where a Spartan receiver tackles him. SAFETY!! Virginia punts the ball to San Jose State and the returner Jones runs away from the ball. (not sure what was up with that) Luckily for San Jose Sate Jones pounces on the ball at their own 8 yard line. Butler was able to get 2 passing plays off, but both fell harmlessly to the ground. Virginia wins 14-12.

"That was one hell of a ball game. So far the toughest of the 2 victories that I've had at Virginia. What I've only had two F'ing victories. That's pathetic. I've got to give all the credit in the world to the Legendary Rick Rude. He's simply Ravishing. He had his guys ready to play. Thankfully I had our guys ready to play. This has got to be one of the toughest games I've ever been apart of. I have to give the game ball to true freshman Adrian Strong. That kid played one hell of a game."

Kevin Butler finished 9 of 27 for 149 yards and 3 INT's

Ben Thompson ran for 72 yards on 14 carries for the Spartans and found the endzone 1 time.

Khalek Shepherd lead the Cavaliers with 32 yards running on 13 carries.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pro

Pro Walk On

Good win goose

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Goose that was an awesome game man. I love being able to play guys that just play football. I tried my hardest to win and hate losing, but as long as the play is on the up and up (which it was) then I don't have a problem losing at all. The fun factor far outweighs the loss during the game. Can't wait to play you again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

It's going to be a long year in SMU, might not win a game and get fired! That is all my team is shit even though i have had good to great classes it does not show up as i still can not run and this year my defense has gone mia. Fuck me it feels like i have gone to UVA as an OC.

• Like Like x 2
  14. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Speaking of Goose when do you want to play the BIG GAME?

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

krbonn76 tomorrow night or tuesday work for you?

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

krbonn76 Tonight and tomorrow night are not good. As much as I want to wreck that perfect season, you're going to have to play the CPU. Just don't beat them up too bad.

17. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Goose we have waited this long i don't think anyone in the league would mind waiting a tad longer. As much as i would like to play the computer and win it would be more fun if i lost to you.

18. Goose

Goose Walk On

Wednesday or Thursday night should be alot better.