Week 2 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 2 - Season 3

WEEK TWO - SEASON 3
    HARD ADVANCE FOR THURSDAY 10PM (CENTRAL)
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado (1-0) VS #17 Cincinnati (0-0)
    #9 Florida State (1-0) VS Virginia (0-0)
    #2 Miami (1-0) @ #3 Oklahoma State (1-0) USER V. USER
    #11 Mizzou (1-0) VS Penn State (1-0)
    NC State (1-0) VS BYE
    #5 Nebraska (1-0) [/COLOR]VS BYE
    #10 North Carolina(0-1) @ #4 Georgia Tech (0-0)
    #1 Oklahoma (1-0) @ Tulsa (1-0) RIVALRY GAME
    #3 Oklahoma State (1-0) VS #2 Miami (1-0) USER V. USER
    #12 Texas A&M (1-0) VS #14 Arizona (0-0)
    Virginia Tech (1-0) VS Duke (0-0)
    [/COLOR]

HEISMAN RACE
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Rank Name Class Position School Last Week
    1 Kellen Moore QB (RS)SR Boise State Defending Winner
    2 Bill Ruffin WR SO FSU UNCHANGED
    3 Jacory Harris QB SR Miami UNCHANGED
    4 Jordan Jefferson QB SR LSU UNCHANGED
    5 Aldaius Johnson WR SR Miami UP

ONE user game this week and its #2 vs #3!!!! Should be a fun week!

Please remember to post your summaries!

Good Luck All!

2. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

In a crazy series of Events DJ and I were having perhaps one of the best games on NCAA i've ever played.

With one minute left in the 3rd quarter, with the scored tied at 20, Miami Ball, our games disconnected.

We decided instead of replaying a game that had taken over an hour to play to this point to restart a game and play the first quarter, with him recieving the ball because he had it.

What happend in the 4th quarter* was some more exciting action.

The Hurricanes were forced to punt on their opening drive, the Cowboys responded with a long touchdown drive capped off with a 1 yard fullback dive.

On the next possession the Hurricanes responded with a powerful drive and capped it off with a 7 yard Lee Chambers run out of the wildcat.

With just under 2 minutes left in the game the Cowboys had the ball, they were able to drive it to about their own 45 yard line before a key Hurricane sack forced them into a 4th and 14 with just under 25 seconds left. The punt was a beauty and Aldarius Johnson caught it and was immediately tackled.

The Hurricanes now had the ball with under 25 seconds left, on approximently their own 35 yard line.
    QB Harris lofted up a deep ball to his Right outside WR, when Senior CB Johnson was able to go up and make a play for the ball resulting in a INT.

With :15 seconds left, and the ball on the Cowboys 36 yard line QB Kavlin Culp threw up a desperation pass for Senior WR Hubert Anyiam who was able to bring the game winning 66 yard yard touch down pass with only :07 seconds maining in the game.

Great Game DJ, I really hated that our game disconnected.. although I would of hated even more to have to replay an entire game that we were both playing so well in.

Jman I don't know what you have to do or what not but we decided to give a SIM win to who ever won the 4th.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FSU eases to a victory in the ACC opener

After a quick 21-0 start, this game was going no where fast for Virginia. The #9 ranked Seminoles would end up winning this one 56-17

O PotG - So WR Bill Ruffin
    4 rec, 109 yds, 2 TDs

D PotG - :RS:Jr DT Everette Dawkins!!!
    9 tack (2 TFL), 2 sacks, FR

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

It was a great game until the disconnect but it was by far one of the best games ive been involved with gg man

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

That is probably the best game I've been apart of and i've played alot of great ones in this league. It was back and forth the entire game.

We really need a rule for what to do with this type of situation if it happens again.

It really didn't seem right to me to play the entire game again, since we both really let it all hang out.

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

No i totally think you deserve the win we both played our asses off

7. Jman

I think it was handled well by both of you. I'll take care of the SIM win.

It seems the servers are acting up a bit again, you guys are not the 1st disconnect I've heard about recently as we had one in the 4th horseman as well. Hell, in York and I's 4th Horseman game the game stuttered to a pause for a good 10 seconds and I think we were on the brink of it with that.

It is a shame it happened but IMO you guys worked out a good solution, very impressive.

8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'll get my recruiting in today

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Virginia Tech - 48
    Duke - 0

Not much to say here. My defense completely shut down Duke. We managed just over 300 yards in offense but the 2nd team had alot of playing time in the second half. Ryan Williams had a decent game, rushing for 90 yards and a TD. Ju Ju Clayton look good, throwing for 2 TD's. But then again, we were playing Duke.

10. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Colorado erases 17-point deficit to beat #17 Cincinatti

The Buffs got a glimpse of the future in this one. And at first the future looked grim. :RS: FR Jake Dawson took the reigns of the offense after QB Tyler Hansen was knocked out of the game in the 2nd quarter. Dawson's first pass was intercepted and returned 98 yards for a TD, giving Cinci a 28-17 halftime lead. On the first possession of the 2nd half, Dawson lost the ball while being sacked and the fumble was returned 12 yards for a score.

But oh how the future brightened. Dawson led the Buffs on TD drives on the next 3 possessions while the defense posted a shut out, enabling CU to come back and win 38-34. Dawson finished 12-18 for 117 and 1 TD.

This game should not have been that close. First downs were 26-6. TOP was 21-6. Cinci's two offensive scores (both 60+ yd pass plays) were the result of mistakes by my duo of All-American safeties. (I won't lie, I missed two big-hit attempts. I gotta stop that ish)

Darrell Scott for Heisman
    Week 1: 228 yds, 2 tds
    Week 2: 147 yds, 4 tds

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

My recruiting is done.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

nebraska's recruiting is also finished

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

UNC 35 @ GaTech 0

The defense forced six interceptions but struggled against the run. On offense we could block at all in the running game and quarterback Paulus only completed 50% of his passes. Looks as though starting halfback Houston will be benched in favor of backup Furr. The coaching staff just doesnt have any patience for a 250 pound back who cant even run over cornerbacks.

14. Jman

Gents...according to the EA site, Wader and I are the only two left. Unfortunately there is likely no way for me to get mine in tonight as I am currently on my phone and no where near a box and will not be until LATE.

So, sorry but I'll play and flip it as soon as I get home tomorrow.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

jeez louise! :)

16. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Missouri Keeps Rolling

After dominating week one rival Illlinoi The Tigers looked to continue their early success against the tough Penn State team. Blaine Gabbert struggled early on to find a rhythm throwing his first INT in the first quarter. It wasn't too long though before Gabbert hooked up to his TE A. Jones for 1 of his 3 TDs on the day. Gabbert finished the day 21 for 36 for 367 yards, 4 TDs and the 1 INT.

Penn State could not get anything going all game throwing 5 INTs, 2 by R. Steeples late in the game giving Mizzou a 62-14 victory. Missouri coach Wellar felt good about the early success this year as he stated to the media his team will win the conference championship.

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    PSU 7 0 0 7 14
    MIZ 17 21 17 7 62

Team Stats
    PSU MIZ
    Score 14 62
    First Downs 17 20
    Total Offence 339 502
    Rushing Yards 93 55
    Passing Yards 246 447
    Turnovers 5 1
    Fumbles 0 0
    Intercepted 5 1

17. Jman

Took FOREVER to get OKST a win...shit.

Advanced. New thread up in a couple minutes.

18. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Aggies overcome sluggish start, up-end visiting Arizona Wildcats

Down 7-0 in the first quarter, Arizona was driving hoping to grab another score. Texas AM held them to a FG attempt, which was missed. This seemed to get the Aggies woken up, and from there on, Arizona didnt have much chance. They came back with 17 unanswered points. And outscored Arizona 24-10 in teh second quarter to take command of the game. Texas AM recieved in the second half, and immediately marched down the field, topped off with a TD. This gave them the separation they needed and they coasted to a big win.

The defense gave up some good yardage to the Wildcat offense, but they forced 4 turnovers, including 2 Pick-6's by stud SO FS Lawrence Fisher. This was his best game by far in his young career. He also had 8 tackles in the win.

On offense, FR QB Darren Moses took a big step in his 2nd career start. As a true sophomore leading a ranked team, expectations were just to control the ball and hand off to Gray or Michael. Moses proved today that he can be called on to throw the ball around when needed. Arizona was stacking the box, making the run game harder than usual. Moses stepped up with a 255 yard game and 3 TD, and didnt have a turnover. If these games continue, Giovanni Vizzo has no chance at seeing the field this year.

Stats:
    QB Moses 16-23, 255 yds, 3 TD
    RB Gray 13 car, 49 yds, 2 TD, 2 rec, 16 yds
    RB Michael 13 car, 58 yds, 3 rec, 50 yards
    WR Nwachukwu 6 rec, 82 yds
    WR Fuller 3 rec, 59 yds, TD
    FS Fisher 8 TKL, 2 INT, 2 TD
    SS Hunter 9 TKL
    DE Jones 6 TKL, 4 TFL, 2 SACK

Next: BYE

19. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Yeah, were really not that great on paper.

Great job though, luckily both teams were able to escape the win injury free!