Week 2, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 17, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We advance again, Thursday at 9 pm CT

Big games week 2

Miami vs Purdue
    LSU heads out west to take on AZ
    The Fighting Tbones against UCF
    EMU has a chance for a big win against Oregon State
    Syracuse loses a week 1 sim but gets a bunny against an FCS team to see what Goose is working with...
    Bonner comes back and gets a UAB
    Memphis heads to take on SEC team Arkansas
    Kent state against AZ state, signature win for Pro?
    Utah State vs Utah for the battle of the state that no one cares about

Here we go fellas

• Like Like x 1
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

is utah a state or territory like Guam? Never can remember.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

glad to see bonner join me in the SEC.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Its the Mormon territory. I don't think they will give us state rights until we all give up having multiple wifes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Weaver Successful in LSU Debut, Beats Zona 47-3

For one game, it appears as if LSU is on their way back. The Tiger D forced 7 turnovers to lead the way. Senior CB Justin Wallace picked off 3 passes on his own.
    The defense allowed yards occasionally, but for the most part was dominant.

The offense was solid behind Lorenzo Anderson. The QB went 16-19 for 332 yards and 3 td's.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I was really thinking about giving you Clemson to start off the season...I have a feeling LSU is going to be just fine

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Just got blown out by the Utes, damn they are good and I am so so bad.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Last season, Memphis never really had much for OOC competition, WKU, Army, teams like that. 12 wins looked empty to pollsters and Memphis was slighted most of the season. This season, Memphis has OOC games against GT, LSU and Miami. The first test would be heading to Arkansas to battle a tough SEC team in the Razorbacks. In a game that would start with a defensive struggle, it would end in a flurry. The suspect Memphis D would hold Arkansas to a few three and outs in the first qtr and would hold a slim 3-0 lead when the teams switched sides. Memphis would then, get the ball back and attempt a 41 yard FG into the wind. When it fell short, you could feel the home crowd take over. The next play, a previously non existent Arkansas running game would wake up, with a 77 yard td run. Arkansas would add two more FG's, bookending a huge TD from Jacoby Brissett to his RB Artaves Gibson. On the play, starting WR Ben Patrick would be lost for the season (or the game) and that would thrust true freshman, Andrew Douglas into the starting WR spot. He would answer, catching 7 balls for 117 in his collegiate debut. All in all 6 diffrent Memphis Tigers would catch passes in what would be a back and forth second half. Two huge red zone INT's by the Memphis secondary proved to be the difference as Arkansas would score a TD with 40 seconds to go and only down three. When the onside kick was down, it bounced right off the hands of back up hb Joe Price, and rolled towards Arkansas. Luckily for the Tigers, Andrew Douglas would hop on it, sealing the game for his new team.

Star of the Game on Offense: Despite good numbers from RB Gibson, have to give it to the Freshman WR, Douglass
    Star of the Game on Defense: Backup FS Scott Jackson, his INT in the end zone stopped what would of been the go ahead score.

Memphis 31
    Ark 28

• Like Like x 2
  9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

So you're running a barter system out there?

10. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Someone has to be your bitch ;)

11. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

The Cane's offense is a work in progress, but the defense is the real deal. Purdue's two scores come from their defense as the Hurricane defense only gives up 162 total yards.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

Lol something like that.

13. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

EMU UPSETS OREGON ST. 20-15

Winning on 2 of 3 facets of the game. Coach Henry is pleases with the start of the 2015 season. "My boys played a tough Beaver team today and really showed me what they were made of. We really got a player in that Taylor kid. And I'm excited to see how he will play the rest of the year."

Special Teams: Ramon Taylor returned 2 punts for touchdowns. With his longest being a 67 yard return which saw him break 2 tackles before hitting the jets down the sideline.

Defense: Ramon Taylor had 1 int and locked down Oregon St. Best receiver all game only allowing him 1 reception. Freshman Lamont Bentley had a monster first game with 4 sacks. The defense also had 2 goal line stands one of which was at the 1 yard line with 33 seconds to go in the game and only up by 5.

We need to improve our offense if we are going to win some games this year but this was a great start for a 5-7 team last year.

Go Eagles!

• Like Like x 2
  14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Dear League Killers,

Congratulations for taking a great pace and killing it....you guys suck...Love,

This guy

15. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Dear Webster,

Your welcome.

Your Father (spiritually, biologically, and in video game fball),
    Heath

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I like the new site. I can see whose holding up the league without logging on.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I hate that the orginiality of the short jokes is still good enough that I find it funny

18. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Webster! Lol I love it

19. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Nice profile pic btw... Lol

20. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Sorry I disappeared for two days. I got tired of waiting to play my first game so I pouted and made everybody wait! Oh yeah, then I lost to Central Florida.