week 2 season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Feb 19, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

week 2 season 6

We have advanced
    will do a write up later tonight or tomorrow morning at work.
    On a side note I may be moving back to FLA to start a company with one of my good friends. I don't know how much time I will have to invest in this place in the upcoming months. Right now it is in discussion so I have the time. I am letting you know cause 1 I'm excited and 2 we might need someone to take over the advances. I don't plan on leaving the D but would have to cut back on my time here and focus on the real world. Any way GL to Ike this week cause I RUN THIS BITCH!!!!!

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I see you already scared....Signin off while I was recruiting! Take yo beating like a man boy!!!!!

3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Pasadena, CA - The UCLA Bruins played host to the #1 team in the land, the Ohio State University Buckeyes, and managed to pull out a 17-10 upset. Leading the way was :RS: Sophomore QB Adam Brown, who saw the first start of his career. Brown finished 12-21 for 214 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. He also ran for another TD. Doak Walker winner and current Heisman candidate Jacob Gunn had the play of the game, taking a screen pass from Brown 43 yards for a TD late in the 2nd half. The Bruins led at the break, 10-3. In the third quarter, the Buckeyes were able to put together a couple of solid drives. The first one ended with a crucial 4th down stop on the UCLA 30. The second one saw :RS: Sophomore RB Chris Finely break tackle after tackle, finally punching it in from 6 yards out with 30 seconds left in the 3rd to tie it at 10 apiece.

On UCLA's next possession, they drove methodically down the field, ending with Brown running it in from 2 yards out to go up 17-10 with 3:58 to go. The Bucks offense would be shut down from there, as UCLA takes down the #1 Buckeyes.

Coach Parrothead said after the game that he was extremely pleased with the way the defense shut down the Ohio State offense, as well as how the Bruin offense was able to keep their counterparts off the field. "The one stat that says it all is 18:03. We had the ball for over 18 minutes. You can't score if you don't have the ball, folks!" Holding onto the ball and stellar defense netted a game of giving up 184 yards of total offense.

Next up for the Bruins is a trip to Texas A&M. "We need to bring our A game to that one for sure," said Parrothead. "We've got a few recruits we're going after in Texas, and winning this one could go a long way towards garnering more interest for our program." One issue the Bruins will face is the loss of freshman WR David Hemphill, who broke his collarbone while dropping a pass and will be out for the season.

Players of the game:

Offense: QB Adam Brown (12-21 for 214, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 rushing TD)

Defense: OLB Richard Rogers (9 tackles, 1 TFL)

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I can't believe York was talking shit.....

Speaking of shit, come on out Jman! I got something for ya... (y)

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Going old skool smack IKE

"This goes out to you
    This goes out to you, and you, and you, and you
    Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns"
    Kick in the door wavin da 44
    Biggie Smalls

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I probably won't play until tomorrow night. Todays my bday and my wife has family stuff planned.

7. BDSDIGITAL

York is the don dotta!

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Not impressed....He is dead, and soon your Buffaloes will be dead too. IM WAITIN!

9. BDSDIGITAL

Zona 35 Tulsa 28

This game turned into a good ol' street fight. Each team had a rb over 200 yards.

Tulsa's rb Horner if fucking obnoxious!

Chris Hamby turned in 213 yards and 2 tds and really set the pace. Good thing the offense brought the lumber because the defense was getting chewed up one way and down another.

Paul Mitchell turned in his best game ever going 12-13 for 162 and 2 td's. One of them before the half was a sweet slot smash route to the corner of the endzone for about 40 yards. I was so excited after the game I forgot to save it!

The defensive mvp was FS Gary Smith. He picked up 12 tackles and several big hits on Horner.

The real difference in this game though was going 8-9 on 3rd down. If I needed 16 I got 17, needed 3 got 5 etc.

A few other notes:

I could have broke something when you converted that fake punt. I KNEW IT WAS COMING!!!!! and still blew it. If I had stopped that the game probably would have ended soon afterward. Also making the stop at the 2 yard line to ice the game almost gave me a heart attack. I thought for a second you were going to be able to run another play to tie it. I've never been so relieved as when that clock started ticking.

I was also torn on my final td. I was seriously considering taking a few knees to make you burn your timeouts then running it down and kicking the game winning fieldgoal. I thought about it for a second, but you gotta take the points when you can get them. When I saw you bailing out to let me score I couldn't help it...although as it turns out it almost cost me the game.

Arizona is now 1-0 and better get some love from the voters. We are definitely for real. Hamby is a machine, and if Mitchell plays like that every week we could have a real shot at something big this year.

Hat's off to Tulsa though. That was a hell of a game, and your running game is bananas! It could've went either way.

10. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'm calling it now.

Horner vs. Hamby in the end for the Heisman if they both stay healthy.

Horner has got 470+ in two USER games already and its only going to get better.

All in all, I'm angry to lose two games like this that I honestly feel like I had a chance to win. However, my team starts 9 NON seniors on this offense and 6 NON seniors on defense...I'll be fine for the forseeable future haha.

Focus now shifts to York and the getting in my conference title game and hopefully in the end putting away another 10 win season for the Hurricane.

It is what it is, we've played tough in both games so I can't be too mad...just frustrating, thats all.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Damn, tough losses for Jman!

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Priorities, man! Priorities! Just kidding--family is always more important. Have a happy birthday.

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I smell three in a row J.......

14. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Whatever make you sleep at night.

You should worry about 1ke right now...

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Here are some highlights from Tulsa @ TTU

Kellen Harris to Cheech Charles. Their 1st TD of the season.
    "Get off meh!"
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCMgh8DePB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VCMgh8DePB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Harris recognizes the double CB blitz, steps up, and hits his "little" brother who slips behind the coverage for their first TD connection of the season.
    "Think fast!"
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2J0HFXwxFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2J0HFXwxFs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Someone missed their assignment on this one. TTU's offense had them confused for a bit.
    "I got him... I got him..."
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/unm4wAai2Yw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/unm4wAai2Yw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

OT game winning play. (RS)Junior LB looking like a stud.
    "Thats all folks"
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZ-E4P73-ds&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZ-E4P73-ds&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

TTU has a BYE week to prepare for the Washington huskies and their new Head Coach. It should be another great game in an early-season gauntlet for TTU.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Purdue-17
    TAMU-7

2nd quarter

- 24-10 in the 3rd Purdue up

17. BDSDIGITAL

And it's alot to worry about too....

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Boilers beat the Aggies, have some work to do in Texas. Murk has a very very good team and played stellar defense. 3 plays that killed me. 1) I scored off a screen pass and Murk came back and did the same thing to me. 2) Kickoff return for a TD 3) INT that killed a drive that might have put the score at 30-24 with plenty of time left.

... takes the wind out of the sails before I unhitched from the dock...

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Freshmen carry Purdue to victory over A&M

Great game! Just a lot of good football, imo.

Purdue started out with ball, and had 11 play drive that would only result in a FG. The defense would force a 3-and-out, and Purdue was able to finish off their next drive with a 16 yard TD pass to Mike Pace on 4th and 4 early in the second quarter.

After a Purdue interception, Texas A&M would get on the board with a 35 yard screen pass for TD to Olson. However, when the Purdue offense stepped onto the field they hit a screen pass themselves for a 64 yard TD to Mike Ellison.

On A&M's next drive they'd finish with a FG, but on the ensuing kickoff Mike Pace returned it 96 yards for the score, taking all of the wind out of A&M.

From there, Purdue just had to hang on and play good defense - which they did.

good game.

O PotG - WR Mike Pace (Fr)
    5 rec, 43 yds, TD; 3 car, 10 yds; 2 KR, 122 yds, TD; 2 PR, 48 yds

D PotG - CB CJ Bobo :)RS:Sr)
    4 tack (TFL), INT, 3 defl

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhUg66-UYAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhUg66-UYAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Come on York....QUIT STALLIN!

21. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Cal Beats Minnesota 42-38

Game started off great for Minnesota who jumped to a 21-7 lead in the first quarter. Turnover battle was one by Minnesota because of an apparent button malfunction which caused the returners to not call fair catch. Once Cal stopped turning the ball over for a little while they realized that they're QB can see better if he sprints to the sideline to catch his WR who has had time to confuse the coverage and get open. They also learned that running a screen play and then throwing downfield also confuses the defense. Then the almighty slants killed our sorry pathetic defense. Some of those genius plays helped march Cal down the field to score the go ahead TD. Great game Riptides and I can't wait to have another great SIM-style game with you next season when my team will likely be worse and with your playcalling you should be the defending national champs.

22. Papa Perry

Cal Beats Minnesota 42-38

[str]Game started off great for Minnesota who jumped to a 21-7 lead in the first quarter. Turnover battle was one by Minnesota because of an apparent button malfunction which caused the returners to not call fair catch. Once Cal stopped turning the ball over for a little while they realized that they're QB can see better if he sprints to the sideline to catch his WR who has had time to confuse the coverage and get open. They also learned that running a screen play and then throwing downfield also confuses the defense. Then the almighty slants killed our sorry pathetic defense. Some of those genius plays helped march Cal down the field to score the go ahead TD. Great game Riptides and I can't wait to have another great SIM-style game with you next season when my team will likely be worse and with your playcalling you should be the defending national champs.[/str]

Try not to comfront the other person like this..

If there are issues, bring it up to both of us and save some videos.

23. BDSDIGITAL

If the screen pass thing is true, it's gay.

Sprinting to the sidlines with your qb is gay as well.

Just saying.

24. BDSDIGITAL

So, I am getting the impression you ain't impressed with the gameplay from your game last night...or maybe I'm crazy.

25. Papa Perry

I in no way see where I put that into my post. The guy is a genius. I don't see how he hasn't won all the T4 titles. Who would have thought that those type of plays work? Maybe I should implement some it into my gameplay so I can be as good as riptides.