Week 2: Temple vs. Central Michigan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Legacy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Jun 16, 2010
    Week 2: Temple vs. Central Michigan

In a game that could have gone either way, Temple was able to overcome some miscues in the first half to pull out another win. The game just started atrocious as Chester Stewart was unable to hit multiple receivers running clear in the middle. Yet, was able to finish 17 for 24 with 278 yards and 2 TD's.

Chester at the post-game interview, "I was just struggling to find some consistency. Just overthrowin' balls left and right. I would have loved to get myself going earlier, but as the game went on B-Pierce was able to get the run game going and take the pressure off of me. We got a pretty nice two headed combo. Look out MAC!"

B-Pierce aka Bernard Pierce had a stud game that was capped off with a 4 yard TD off a toss with 45 seconds left. Pierce ended the game with 1 TD off of 26 carries and 134 yards to boot. Coach Legacy backed up the effort with some good words.

"Bernard got us going... no doubt about it. We made the decision to keep going to him and have him battle to keep us going. He definitely helped us out tremendously because of his effort... took a lot of pressure off Chester. Was a good win and just need to keep rolling."

Temple (2-0) is looking for another victory next week against a tough Michigan squad.