Week 2: Texans(46)@ Titans(36)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Oct 21, 2009.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 2: Texans(46)@ Titans(36)

(I thought obwhite said he would post the results but i guess he didnt )

Another slow start for the titans this week from the titans. Jocoby jones took the first punt punt back for a 69 yd td and stole all momentum the titans were trying to build. Aside from a game high 70 yard td run by chris johnson in the first, the titans couldnt put much offense together. The texans cruised with there high power offense to a half time score of 21-6 due to great field position and porous screen defense by the titans

The Texans rallied on the opening kickoff in the second half with a killer slaton/moats running attack to bring the score to 28-6. It wasnt looking good for the titans at that point but they drove it down the field and scored with a td pass to scaife.
    Going into the 4th quarter the titans were down 31-12 but kept passing, vince young got into a good rhythm and threw 3 td passes but they were down too many.

The titans outrushed and outpassed the texans but due to the great field position and big plays the the texans won 46-36

Titans:
    Rushing Yards- 207 yds
    Passing Yards- 271 yds
    Total Offense- 478 yds

V. Young - 19-29 292 yds 4 td 1 int
    C. Johnson - 11 rushes 171 yds 1 td
    N. Washington 3 rec 84 yds 1 Td

Texans:
    Rushing yards- 93yds
    Passing yards- 214yds
    Total offense- 307 yds

M. Schaub - 17-25 191 yds 2 td 1 int
    S. Slaton 18 rushes 85 yds 1 td
    R. Moats 1 Td
    A. Johnson 3 rec 74 1 td
    J. Jones 69 Yd punt return Td

This win puts Texans in at least a tie for the afc south lead with a record of 2-0. The titans are in last place in the afc south division going win less in their first two games. The titans next game is against the currently 0-1 Jets and the texans are playing the currently 0-1 Jaguars.

2. gatornation0620

gatornation0620 Will the Bucs go 0-16?

Great detail...are you a sportsbeat writer?

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

naw just watch alot of sports center

4. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

Good write-up, i was a lil drunk last night and passed out pretty much right after the game..... sorry i forgot about the write up.....

The Texans went into a prevent style D in the 4th quarter and stopped passing the ball to drain the clock but it allowed the Titans to get right back in the game scoring like 26 points in the 4th quarter. Looking back the Texans should have stayed aggressive but they didn't wanna seem like they were trying to run up the score.

I was truly impressed with the 4th quarter rally and will have to not go into the bend but don't break strategy in the future, regardless of rules, the Texans will not take there foot off the gas in the future....

BigOx is a good player for sure, Chris Johnson broke a couple big runs on my D, which doesn't happen often and Vince threw 3 4th quarter TD's...