Week 2 - Texas vs Auburn

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kingerock, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

Week 2 - Texas vs Auburn

65-50 Texas victory.

Least amount of fun I've had since opening the game last summer. I hope and pray not to have another game like this. I might as well grab some quarters and head to the mall if this is going to be the case. But I really don't care about playing the CPU, I just hope the user vs user games feel nothing like this game did.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

that's odd... my game with SDSU was about the best CPU game i've experienced since the league started.. both teams were rated equal and the game was really good.

Give it some time, some adjustments in gameplay may be i order... i really tried to slow the game down, playcalling wise. I really took the time to play strategically and i had a blast.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

would you have rather been 65-7 against Auburn?? cause that's what it was like on AA>

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

maybe we should look at dropping qtr lengths to 7 minutes to help keep scores down too..

just thinking randomly here.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Helli and i discussed maybe dropping cpu pass-blocking a notch as getting pressure has seemed to have dropped.

7 mins next season....I would like that

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i agree we are in evaluation mode for the sliders right now... so Kinger if you could post some specific aspects of the game you didn't like so we can start narrowing down the issues that we need to address... that would be more helpful than "this is the worst game i've played since i opened the game" type evaluations.

:dance nana:

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah totally!!
    The slider set is totally experimental........I did them off the top of my head from experience.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i agree on lack of a pass rush

9. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I got decent pass rush and I always do.

My sim game againt them a few days ago was much more fun. Lower scoring. Just seemed like nothing applied in the game but speed. Awareness, playcalling, etc...

And no, I'm not looking for a blowout, the game should be close with the talent levels on those 2 teams, just felt arcadish last night.

I'll stop posting my thoughts. My opinion really should have zero weight in making decisions.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

seems like it's all or nothing with you lately... your thoughts are exactly what i want to hear, just in a constructive way that allows us to evaluate things and try to make the settings better for everyone.