Week 2: Titans @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Ace847, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The Chargers came into this one much more prepared and focused on limiting turnovers since Rivers threw a career high 6 picks week one against the Raiders. Rivers played better but this game was all about Ryan Matthews and an opportunistic Charger defense.

Matthews had 21 carries for 138 yards and kept the Chargers on offense for 19:27 dominating the clock and keeping the Charger defense rested.

The Chargers had an early interception on the first drive by Locker and settled for a FG. They followed it up with another FG after 39 yard run my Matthews to put them in range.

The only Charger TD came in the first half on a fade to Floyd.

Due to poor clock management by the Chargers the Titans got the ball back with 1:30 in the half and Locker put together a surprising drive to score before the half.

The second half was all about the Charger defense. Locker threw an interception in the red-zone which really killed any Titans chance of a comeback. Chargers controlled the ball most of the second half behind a solid run game and many three and outs by the Titans after this possible scoring drive was squandered.

All in all it was Good to see Rivers play a better game but the Titans defense roughed him up a lot sacking him 6 times and hitting him another 3 times! LE Derrick Morgan of the Titans was a beast accounting for 4 of the sacks himself! The Chargers are glad to put one in the win column and are looking forward to facing off against the Falcons next week.

Player of the game: SD Chargers Ryan Matthews 21-138 and 6.6ypc

Defensive standout: Tennessee Titans Derrick Morgan 4 sacks 1 Forced Fumble

Chargers 19 Titans 7

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Did you play the computer or a user?

Danny

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

CPU which is why I didn't say gg. Titans owner is away from the game for awhile.

4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Are we supposed to post recaps vs CPU?

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

It's week 2 and I still haven't played a user vs user game.

6. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I think you're supposed to post a recap regardless.

Though that makes me wonder...what if you lose against the CPU? Do you still post recap as if you won the game?

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I do not like to see the Chargers winning

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'd like to see a recap regardless.

9. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Yeah well I figured I could at least get a win against the CPU! I'm looking forward to our rematch at the end of the season. I guarantee (yes this is a prediction!) that Rivers will not throw 6 picks to the Raiders db's again! Also you will be in our house and I will not have to fear for my life in the black hole which should take away some of the pressure.