week 2 up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

week 2 up

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Auburn Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host Florida Atlantic (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Auburn targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Bo Warren has committed to Florida State
    - (****) WR Chris Stevens has committed to Auburn
    - (****) QB Tim Herron has committed to Ole Miss

=============== Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Corey Hamilton has committed to North Carolina

=============== #10 Florida Gators (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida lost 21-18 against Stanford (1-0).
    This week, the Gators will host UCF (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB E.J. Carter has committed to Florida
    - (*****) C D'Juan Watkins has committed to Ohio State

=============== #9 North Carolina Tar Heels (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tar Heels were idle.
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Atlanta to face the #25 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Kevin Slaughter has committed to Wisconsin
    - (*****) QB E.J. Carter has committed to Florida
    - (****) ROLB Jason Riley has committed to LSU
    - (****) DT Marcus Berry has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) RT Corey Hamilton has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) WR Dedrick Crooks has committed to West Virginia
    - (****) ROLB Travis Edwards has committed to LSU
    - (****) RT Alex Butler has committed to North Carolina

=============== Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 38-10 against Minnesota (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles will host Virginia (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Ronald Wilson has committed to Florida State

=============== LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers will host #11 Boise State (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Jason Riley has committed to LSU
    - (****) ROLB Travis Edwards has committed to LSU

=============== #13 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 37-17 against Tennessee (0-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #1 Ohio State (1-0).

=============== #7 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Fresno to face the Fresno State Bulldogs (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Clayton Davis has committed to Cincinnati
    - (****) ROLB Quinton Preston has committed to Cal
    - (****) DT Marcus Berry has committed to Wisconsin

=============== Georgia Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgia won 31-26 against Louisville (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Austin to face the #8 Texas Longhorns (1-0).

=============== #8 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 49-21 against Rice (0-1).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Georgia (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Scott McCormick has committed to Texas

=============== #23 Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 41-14 against Houston (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Greg Whitworth has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #14 Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Red Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Red Raiders travel to Fort Worth to face the #21 TCU Horned Frogs (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR James Wood has committed to Arizona State

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My game will be played tomorrow... spent mentally from practice... its kind of hard to convince 10 year olds to keep their head up or they'll get it taken off:)

3. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Did you lose 73-21 to the computer or is that a glitch?

4. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I'll play mine tomorrow as well. I can't believe I lost three recruits in week 1 to Cincy, Cal and Wisconsin, might be a rough one on the recruiting trail.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

yep I really did lose 73-21 to the cpu UCF . They hurt my backup running back on the first play I had the ball for the game that moved rainey back to wideout and killed the game plan I threw 7 picks where line backers and defensive lineman would just jump up and pick stuff off (thought ea fixed this not really) My Qb would throw to the cornerback or the safety and not the wide open receiver. I purposely only played with DLine and watched my corners and line backers stop covering in man coverage leaving them wide open. I double covered some and then both db's would just stop once the ball was thrown and leave them wide open. They broke infinite tackles and I moved tackling ot conservative.

It was like they got two quick scores and then nothing I did the rest of the game mattered they were gonna cause a turnover and score regardless of what I tried on defense.

I never felt so helpless and like a game was decided as soon as I kicked off since I have been playing this game.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

you coach your kid's team or just coaching and I'm assuming you are talking about fball right?

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

8. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

That sucks bro:( Im sorry. I feel like these new sliders have totally opened up the game for me. Sometimes the game just cheats, we all have games like that.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I dont care man still gotta shot for the SEC lol maybe things will turn around. thanks for the sympathy tho.

10. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

sounds like my acc cg game, no way the cpu would let me win.

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

lol i did three double-takes looking at that florida score:(

sorry to hear the troubles man, but it's just one game. maybe you can have that qb of yours give a tebow-esque speech to rally up the troops(y)

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

gotta call it a night. i will do my write-up when i get home tomorrow (with vids!)

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LOL... your a lot calmer than me.... Miami will be the new King of Florida shortly:)

Nah my daughters are only two, still have 4 more years for them. But I coach 10-12 year olds... may jump up to 12-13 year olds shortly. The team I'm currently coaching lost in the 'ship last year and basically the whole team is returning. My running backs will be dominating... if they take off them silly ass gloves!! Hate when kids wear them damn things.

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Good to hear man, my girls boys are playing one is 7 and the other 9. The 7 year old is playing qb because he's the best athlete on the team and can handle taking snaps, handoffs and has a nice arm. He has command up there telling linemen to get down and making sure everyone is set before he starts the cadence and I never went over that with him and his dumb a** coach definitely didn't he watches a lot of football so he prolly got it from Brady or Manning lol. I had him take snaps and make 3 and 3 step drops this summer but I figured he'd be a wideout or running back, but he is natural at qb too bad he won't be big enough there's always baseball.

As far as king of fla we will be on the schedule next year so you can win the title outright with no speculation unless that EJ Carter dude comes in a beast and puts Burtin back where he belongs.

BTW Rainey went to runningback because my starter was already out 4 weeks and the backup was hurt on the first play from scrimmage, i typed it wrong last night.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That Ohio State game was bullshit... I'm now a believer that Heisman cheats... I went into instant replay on a couple of bullshit plays and I witnessed outright cheating. On like a 70 yard throw, I had the guy doubled... one corner kept back pedaling even though the throw was in front of him and could of broke on the ball.... and the other one magically took random steps in the opposite direction of the pass to allow the WR to be completely wide open.... That 31-28 score was not that close... I never seen so much bullshit... their DE was just one arming my tackle all game... when I came out in the run their entire defense would already be shifted to stop it... if I audibled to something else, they did too... their safety was constantly covering two recievers and actually could break with ease (no f'n locomotion) to break up passes... DLineman intercepting balls off tips... the crazy thing about the tips were that, after replay, the linemen jump the moment your reciever is open.... bullshit!!... another great passing game but shit, if they don't want me to win they could just let me know beforehand, I'll take the sim loss and save myself the frustration

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Jerz I feel you man that's how that UCF game was is there anything we can do slider wise to help because its frustrating . Atleast you kept it close more than I can say.

17. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Hey Jerz,
    Did the Buckeyes still have that lineman playing WR? They did that to me last year in the title game and I thought I was going have to an easy cover until the dude started making jumping catches over my CB.

18. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I hve a slider set I just want u guys to try..I love it...it the one we are using in pcfl on OS..I not saying what we got but just try it ...ifind it very fun and fair..I will post it later around 3PM

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The lineman was making catches? That fat bastard sucked so bad when I played them, I couldn't continue... with the way my season went I should of took that got damn easy win:)... but he wasn't there from what I noticed, I was too busy saying "F*** this S***".... it makes it worse since I'm a real life Michigan fan... sdid the only thing we can do is make the CPU dumb as dirt... I actually have went with my 2K10 way of going about a personal slider set.... moved that shit to Rookie.... laugh now but their is a guy on youtube who actually thought of the same thing.

He made this point that hit me a while back and its the honest truth.... when you switch difficulties (ie: moving from Varsity to Heisman) your not really doing anything to the sliders. So what's making 'em so good? The programming is what's doing it. I realized this in 2K10 and if you take a look at replays on "bullshit" plays on Heisman in NCAA you'll see your players "dumbed" down. Its made to give you a challenge so they make the computer better than you. If you move the difficulty to the easiest level, sliders don't change but the computer players are dumbed down. When you mess with sliders on Heisman, your not getting rid of that "smart" computer programming, your just trying to eliminate it in a sense. But say you start at the easiest or Varsity level... the computer is not using that "smart" system but your given a boost. That's the reason the games are easier, the game makes your players smarter and the computer "dumbed" down.

Now say your using rookie or varsity... "dumb" down or make your players play realistically... boost the computer close to 100... that's actually making them play to their ratings.... I have a set I'm going to put up in the coach's forum later this week, you guys will never think rookie would give you a great realistic challenge.

But I'd love to try Droweezy F. Baby's slider set... may be a great one for next year.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I've been reading some things about this, and logically that makes perfect sense. I'm willing to try anything that will allow the oucome of the game to be dictated on the field not the BS that we have seen from time to time.

21. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

here the are:

Setting: Heisman
    Speed: Normal
    Thre: 30

User/cpu

QB Accuracy-25/15
    Pass Block-5/5
    WR Catching-60/50
    RB Ability-50/45
    Run Block-50/55
    Pass Coverage-65/30
    Pass Rush-25/5
    Interceptions-5/5
    Rush Defense-25/15
    Tackling-50/45
    FG Power-0/0
    FG Accuracy-25/50
    Punt Power-75/80
    Punt Accuracy-70/85
    Kickoff Power-45/45

I play with them on 8 min but 7min is fine also

tell me what you think

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

anybody know ndcolts status?

23. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Just got net today will be doing everything tonight

24. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

What's going on with the Dynasty Wire site? I haven't been able to access it the last two days. Anyone else having this problem?

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I had that problem too, waiting so I can do my summary