Week 2 Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jun 7, 2011.

?

Who will win the GOTW?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2011.
  1. Oregon

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Florida State

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Advanced to Week 2. Next Advance will be Friday @ 11 AM EST. I haven’t had time to add new formal rules yet banning certain things, so just don’t use questionable tactics please (especially if you have a user game).

As of right now a couple of things off the top of my head… Four/Five Verticles is banned unless you are are in desperation and need at hail mary at the end of the half/game. It CAN be stopped, but The rules of this site state that your one and two WR (the guys on the outside) should be your primary target, and we all know if you are running this play your intent is not to throw to those guys.

No audibling your D-line (particularly DTs) into zone coverage. If the play you call has a lineman in a spy, that is fine.

Two quick additions of my own… setting D-Line and Big Hits to aggressive is now banned. With the teams in use right now, these gameplans become way too overpowering with the level of talent that some people have.

Can someone tell me what kind of things you can embed here. I’m trying to make a nice neat Power Rankings and am also trying to embed pictures/highlights from last week but I totally can’t figure out what kind of embeds work here. Everything I try ends up coming up as code. That and I can’t figure out how to save pictures from dynasty wire.

Week 2 Schedule
    #7 Penn State @ Florida
    Arizona @ #9 Tennessee
    #4 USC @ #21 North Carolina
    #6 Texas @ #1 Ohio State
    #2 Notre Dame @ #15 Michigan
    #11 Oklahoma @ #8 Michigan State
    #3 LSU @ Texas A&M
    #10 Oregon @ #5 Florida State
    #12 Miami has a BYE

***GOTW***
    #10 Oregon @ #5 Florida State

Spotlight Games
    #6 Texas @ #1 Ohio State
    #2 Notre Dame @ #15 Michigan
    #11 Oklahoma @ #8 Michigan State

Upset Alert
    #7 Penn State @ Florida

2. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Some pretty big games this week. The rematch of the National Title should definitely be a classic game as well as Texas @ OSU. Every since the sight switched from TF to TSO I haven't embedded anything. Tables use to be amazing to do and gave great looks to various things on this site.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think for pics from the wire you need to either upload them to your player hub, download them, and then upload them to a hosting site or clip out that part of a screen shot.

I know youtube and google docs work for embeds - that's all I've ever had the need to use, so I'm not sure what else works.

<edit> what happened to the guy playing as scUM?

4. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Oregon let me know when you can play. I'm available this afternoon / evening or thursday afternoon /evening

5. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

I have grad school from 8-3 and then work from 4-9. Prolly 930 or 10 would be the earliest I could get on. If we can't get it in tonight, I only have grad school Thursday and no work. So after 3 I could pretty much play anytime. Let me know what works best for you bro.

6. -4-

-4- Walk On

Thanks... ill give it a try.

Michigan told me he wouldn't be able to play because of work.

Hopefully we can get someone to finish out the season as either a big ten team or one of NDs opponents because MSU and ND only have two User games now.

7. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

I usually like to play when the family is asleep, so tonight or tomorrow around 10 pm is cool with me. Just let me know what day. Thanks!

8. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Alright, just found out I have a my first test in my grad class tomorrow so prolly not a good idea to play tonight since I need to do good on this 1st test. Let's do it 10pm cst Thursday night??

9. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

Im on est time so how about meet me in the middle. 9:30 cst

10. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Let's just play tonight then. I'm need a study break anyway

11. -4-

-4- Walk On

LOL... wow. I can't believe I won that game. The entire time it felt like I was being destroyed. I have never had that much trouble trying to run against the CPU. Even lost the turnover battle horribly (3-0).

The tell-tale stat of the game was that MSU was 10-15 on third downs, while Oklahoma was 0-9 on third downs and 0-5 on fourth downs.

12. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Kinq if you could play now that would be awesome