Week 2 Vikings @ Lions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Branden, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Branden

Branden Walk On

Week 2 Vikings @ Lions

The Detroit Press Newspaper:

The Lions lose but look bold in tough divsion loss

The Lions came into today hoping that today would be that day, the day when they win a game and break tht 19 game losing streak they are now carrying. The game started out strong for the lions as they took the opening drive down the field for the first score of thegame which Matt Stafford took a bootleg pass and took it in from 2 yards out for the score. The Vikings would answer twice, Adrian Peterson 64 yards to house off a screen and Chad Greenway picking Six (1 of 3 int's by Stafford). The lions then dominated the second quarter as they put up 16 points coming off a strong half by Running back Maurice Morris who carried all the load due to a game ending injury to Kevin Smith in the first. At halftime it was the lions lead 23-21. After halftime the defenses took it up a notch the pressure was great for both teams as Stafford was picked twice in the third quarter and big boy DT Grady Jackson for detroit picked off a deflected pass. " I smelt the endzone but it was just too far away and i was needing oxygen" he said after he returned it 20 yards before getting tackled from behind. the fourth came quickly and the chances were running short The vikings would score one more time to make it a 36-23 game. But with 5 minutes left the wildcat happened and Maurice Morris housed it for a 55 yard run to paydirt. The score now 36-30 but those 5 minutes flew by as the vikings would run the clock down but with 2:05 seconds left the LIons would get the ball....and do nothing. Final score 36-30

" tough loss this week we just got to get back to practice this week and take it one game at a time. We as an organization feel like things are changing and its showing so far this season on the field. Our running game is there and Stafford just needs to calm down and settle in and once that happens expect this offense and team to go places. The defense needs to settle in also and get assignments right i feel like we can be an 8 win or better team this season no doubt we just need to get things figured out and we will. Well be back next week and well be ready."-post game quote from Jim Schwartz

Good Game xSAintaclausx cant wait for game 2 in Minnesota. You be ready!

Key Player Stats:
    Matt Stafford(DET): 16-29 269yrds 3 INT
    Brett Favre(MINN): 25-31 291yrds 3TD 2INT
    Maurice Morris(DET): 23att 142 yards 2TD, 4 recpt 42 yards
    Adrian Peterseon(MINN): 18att 101 yards 1TD, 8 rec 150yrds 2TD

Key Stat: Turnovers
    Lions- 5 total(-2) Vikings-2 total(+3)
    3INT 2FUM 2 INT

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

You pretty much whipped my tail for most of the game, I was lucky to come out on top. Your O & D lines dominated mine for 3 1/2 qtrs. Your wildcat totally stumped me. Will work on stopping it this week. Anyways, great game and I totally expect you to have quite a few wins by our next meeting.