Week 2: Vikings v. Colts (CPU)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JSimms, Sep 24, 2012.

1. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Vikings Get Big Win in Indy; But Key Losses to Injury

Vikings: 41
    Colts 14

The Vikings came into their Week 2 game against Indianapolis 0-1 after a heartbreaking 17-16 loss on a last second FG to Jacksonville in Week 1. The Vikings scored 17 unanswered in the first half behind a power run game / short passing attack. Adrian Peterson had his second straight 100-yard game to start the season, rushing 22 times for 146 yards and 3 scores. The Colts offense was never really able to get anything going in the first half, and finished the entire game with just 179 total yards of offense.

The Colts would cut the lead to 10 in the 3rd, capitalizing on the 2nd Ponder INT of the night on a Luck-Wayne hookup of 23 yards. However, the Vikings would regain control and cruise to a W in the 4th quarter as the backups would be in for the final 6 minutes after going up 27-7. Ponder finished the day an effecient 25 for 30 (248 yds), although 2 of his 5 incompletions were caught by Indy defenders. While ecstatic to get the first W of his NFL coaching career, Coach Simmons was disappointed to hear the news that he had lost WR Percy Harvin, ROLB EJ Henderson as well as FB Jerome Felton for extended periods of time due to injuries in the game.

GG @CPU

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I love the GG at the end to the CPU :)

Are these guys out for extended periods?

3. JSimms

haha...was wondering if anyone would catch that! Playing the CPU on this game is brutal, so I apologize for the lack of detail in the recap above. Also, I couldn't find a scoring summary on the box. Does anyone know where to find these for previous games??

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The summary was fine.

I found the details on the CC website is very limited, wish there was a scoring summary. Not sure if the console is the same, but I would hope there would be more detail.

5. JSimms

No scoring summary on the console either...although there might be in-game (guess I should have done recap directly after game rather than 5 days later!)