Week 2

Discussion in 'Football I.Q.' started by Snake Eyez, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Some close games this week.

I like it.

The one restart this week was also cleared with the league office.

2. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

if anyone has a chance they should check out the dynasty wire week 2 highlights between sjsu and stanford. i got really lucky to pull off the upset. my defense had two takeaways in the end zone, one on a 4th and goal from the 1, and i scored one touchdown with my 2nd string wr beating their 1st string cb off the press on a fade. the only blown coverage i noticed all game. pretty epic win for a first year head coach.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

4. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

real nice job. I will have to check it out. In my game I won 20-17 but my offense only scored 6 points on the day and they were on 2 drives in the 2nd half. My 1st touchdown of the game came on a long field goal attempt by the other team before half. I thought he might end up short, so I put my punt return team on the field. he ended up catching it about 8 yards deep and I returned it 108 yards for the TD. My 2nd TD came in the 2nd half, after I went up 10-7. I was able to pick off a crossing route by my LB and he returned it to the house. He ended up notching the game at 17-17 and I was able to put together a drive, which included a 4th down conversion from the 34 (just outside FG range). I ended up driving down to about the 7 and experienced for the 1st time the icing the kicker feature as I kicked the game winner with time expiring off the clock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lere2001

lere2001 Walk On

I don't like that. Kills realism. Wouldn't it be smarter/more sim to put your FG Return package out there?

6. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I agree he should've used his FG Return line-up... but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

SPL22 just make note of it and don't get into the habit of using your punt return squad for that situation. It's not so much an abuse of any particular rule, but I think you do get an advantage of setting up your punt return laterally from sideline-to-sideline when the kicking team is in a tight formation (no gunners out wide) to kick, because you create angles for your blockers who are out wide to come back and peel off the kicking team.

Other than that, congratulations on a tough victory. Sometimes you have to find other ways to win when you can't get it done on offense alone.

7. SPL22

SPL22 Walk On

It very well might have been my FG return unit. I pulled up special teams and I had the option for block or return from it. So I went with whatever was on the 1st screen as my option. I just assumed it was punt return.

8. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

I got worked by Kansas State, either they are really good or I really suck at Heisman

9. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

They were ranked 20th. And I think are a high B rated squad.