Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Nov 27, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Week 2

post game summary here

2. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

The Ravens went into San Diego and where able to extract a bit of revenge as they take down the defending champs 34-10

The scoring started on of all thing a Trevor Pryce pick 6 in the first. The Chargers dominated T.O.P in the 1st answering with a field goal (7-3). In the second on a third and long Ray Rice caught a slant pass and took it 44 yard for the score to give the Ravens a 14-3 lead going into the half

The 3rd was where the Ravens pulled away after two Raven field goals and with the Chargers marching, Ed Reed made a game changing play causing a fumble and then returning it 75 yards to make it a 27-3 game. Both teams switched off scores on long TD runs in the fourth and the game ended 34-10.

The Ravens are now 2-0 heading into their week 3 bye week :confused:

Ed Reed was name P.O.T.G for his fumble return and 6 tackles

(On a side note Hova lost his connection in the 1st quarter of the our 1st game leading 7-3, Good game Hova)

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Colts win a shootout with the Brown 47-40. Jerious Norwood was the star of the game having 3 TDs total. He finished with 84 yards rushing and 2 kickoff return inhis first game as a Colt. Manning had 3 TD passes as he bounced back from a poor performance in week 1. Reggie Wayne caught 2 of those TD passes.

Had something horrible happen in the game though as we lost Joseph Addai to a career ending fractured vertebrae. Was shocking to see that in the injury report to say the least. I guess we're lucky that we traded for Norwood when we did. Still sucks to lose Addai like that though.

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Cowboys boot away a home game to the visiting Vikings, Romo throwing 3 bad INT's and the CPU handing 3 fumbles to the Vikes, one returned for 6 pts. by JB21.
    Good game to JB but I feel like I simply handed him this one on a silver platter. I shut down AP to probably under 30 - 40 yards rushing and picked off Tavaris Jackson a couple times and dropped a few more easy picks. The only real way he was able to move the ball it seemed was the constant breaking of tackles after caught balls which wasn't cheesy because it is what it is but sure seems like a very ridiculous and unrealistic part of the game this year. His one big gain on O was a 60 - 70 yard short pass to Harvin where he broke about 5 tackles, including a dead on hit from behind by Ken Hamlin.
    The Cowboys struggled on O, mostly because of me not being used to the extreme slowness of Madden online, and only really got on track toward the end of the 3rd when we were down 28 - 10. We managed to get going and move the ball down for 2 TD's but we fell one possession short and go to 1 -1 on the season.
    I hope we meet again this year JB, good game.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Packers and Bills had an extremely close game. Neither team could gain the lead for very long. Aaron Rodgers kept the Pack in the game with his passing attack. Bill were effective through the ground and air. Game was nearly flawless, only one flag thrown and only one turnover (Edwards INT). Former Packer James Jones had a phenomenal day with 8 Rec, 109 yds. Greg Jennings was out for the week with an upper arm fracture. Jordy Nelson took his place for the week and had 6 Rec, 111 yds, and 1 TD. The Bills defense kept Brian Westbrook to only 48 yards but he squeaked in a TD. Lynch was held most of the game until he broke out and ran 57 yds for his own TD. Overall I was not disappointed to lose a close game. It literally came down to the last second as the Bills drove into FG range and split the uprights.

Final Score

Bills 30
    Packers 27

GG Dakota, well played

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

gg masler......well played, tough game.

7. JB21

JB21 Walk On

gg jugger ap didnt do anything for me if it wasnt for harvin and that punt fumble this game probably wouldve been urs i doubt we will meet again since ill probably be in the top 10 draft again