Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kan, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kan

Kan Walk On

Week 2

reply below

2. Millertime

Millertime Guest

Week 2

Jets 42, Patriots 21

After getting embarrassed in Week 1 by the Texans and being held to just a FG, the Jets redeemed themselves in a big way as they hosted the Anjless Patriots.

Mark Sanchez was 18-24 for 178 yards and a TD in his home debut while Thomas Jones rushed for 158 yards and 3 TD's, including a 69 yard run in the 4th quarter that put the NY lead out of reach.

The Rex Ryan defense forced 4 Tom Brady INT's; 2 of which were returned for TD's. Brady did manage 3 TD passes with 333 yards passing, but the Jets capitalized on all of the turnovers.

NY moves to 1-1 and hosts the Titans in Week 3. GG CPU.

3. Kan

Kan Walk On

The Skins and Rams would play an ugly offensive game where neither team would be able to do much all day.

Neither team would score in the first half. The Rams would score on a Stephen Jackson catch to go up 7-0. The Skins would come back with a short touchdown from Warrick Dunn from the 3.

The fourth quarter would see the Rams get the ball mid way through the quarter and on a play action pass, Bulger would hit his fullback. Carlos Rogers would strip the ball away and on the ensuing play, Campbell would audible to a play action himself. He would scramble to his left and see Sellers open. Sellers would run over one Ram for the score and 14-7 lead. (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9608260)

But the Rams weren't done. They would drive inside the Skins 30 yard line and Bulger would oft a pass to Jackson once again. Jackson would be hit almost immediately by Laron Landry and cough up the ball. (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9608320) London Fletcher would pick up the ball and the Skins would run out the clock on the running of Portis.

gg lou

4. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

SAN DIEGO, CA - The Ravens traveled west to take on the San Diego SuperChargers at Qualcomm. The game featured a lot of defense early. San Diego's pass rush was relentless, sacking Joe Flacco five times in the game. The Ravens jumped out to an early 3-0 lead as the Charger D stiffened in the redzone to force a FG. Phil Rivers and company took the field and went to work. They moved the ball downfield with big plays from Tomlinson and Chambers. The Ravens dialed up a blitz but Rivers read it perfectly. He zipped a pass to Antonio Gates for 34 yards and a score. The teams would go to the second quarter, and the Ravens would take a lead thanks to 2 FGs from Hauschka. The Raven defense contained San Diego's offense allowing only 1 of 9 3rd downs. After a late punt, the Ravens would punch home a score. A long drive would be capped off by a short Ray Rice TD for a 16-7 halftime lead.

Baltimore would get another FG in the 3rd for a 19-7 lead. The Ravens D forced a turnover as Ray Lewis blasted Tomlinson, jarring the ball loose for an Ed Reed recovery. On the next play, Ray Rice broke a tackle and raced 60 yards for a score. That didn't sit too well with Rivers, and comeback mode was on. He zipped pass after pass to move the ball downfield, hitting Gates for what looked to be a 15 yard TD in the back of the endzone. The challenge flag was thrown, and the call was overturned as Gates had only one foot down. The Chargers settled for a FG. They would get the ball back for another long TD drive with Jacob Hester going over the goalline. A 2 point conversion to Gates was good, but the comeback would fall short. Rice finished the game with a solid 146 yards on 19 carries. Gates finished 4 for 89 with a TD.

Ray Rice TD run

Ray Lewis hit on Tomlinson

5. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Kan, that was a nasty hit by Landry!

6. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

GG Man. Between the gay fight for the fumble, the hit by Landry and FS Atogwe being injured for 9 weeks, that was a crushing defeat. It was a fun hard fought game that we came up a little short. GG n GL withthe season.

7. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

In their first divisional game of the year, the Panthers looked to their ground game and defense against the Atlanta Falcons. Coach Gotham loves to pound the ball up the middle, and James Stewart would get the Panthers on the board first with a 4-yard score on their first possession.

Atlanta's offense would sputter, with HB Michael Turner getting caught behind the line of scrimmage a few times. On what appeared to be a harmless play early in the 2nd quarter, he would appear to twist his ankle and get carted off the field. Doctors expect him to be sidelined for up to 3 weeks.

Carolina would stick to the ground game to take a 14-0 lead, on a 1-yard run from DeAngelo Williams in the 2nd quarter. The half ended 14-4 for the visiting team.

In the second half, things didn't get any better for Falcons QB Matt Ryan, as he would get sacked twice by Julius Peppers. Delhomme engineered a 14-play, 5 minute drive when he was hit and went down with an injury. Josh McCown would step in and fire a ball into double coverage to Steve Smith for a wicked touchdown. Delhomme appreared to be OK though and would return on the next possession.

This seemed to spark the Atlanta offense though as they would storm down the field, but have to settle for a FG.

With the Panthers in full ground-pound, clock management mode, Williams goes out on a sweep, but cuts in and finds his blockers, then pushes through a pack of Falcons enroute to a 49-yard touchdown. With the score 28-6 at this point, it looked to be over, but no one told Falcons QB Matt Ryan as he would put together a decent drive, including some key 3rd down conversions before hitting Roddy White for a 23-yard score. The Falcons would convert the 2pt conversion to bring the score to 28-14. Their defense forced a 3 and out, and Ryan would move the ball back upfield before being intercepted by Panthers linebacker Jon Beason who brings it back 67-yards for the major.

Final score 35-14

8. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Vikes @ Lions

Have to begin by saying this game dq'd in the 2nd qtr of our first matchup with the Lions ahead 17-3 ( I think). Vikes had ball and had just converted a 1st down when the game froze. Lions owner said nothing at the time, but during 2nd game paused the game when down 16-3 early and accused me of quitting first game. I offered to restart the 2nd game to be fair - but the accusation basically made my first game in this league alot less enjoyable than I had hoped.

I'd like each of you guys to know that I will take my beatings without a problem. In fact, I really don't care what Vikes record is this year as I am hopning to have a good draft position to address some of my loing term questions with a high pick. Check my trade block if you don't think that is true.

I would also say that any of you can feel free to check my profile and see that I am in other franchises where I have taken many beat downs, and several of those have been re-dos after a disconnect, for whatever reason, while I was winning - again no big deal to me. I am here to just play games against other sim players and to build my team to fit my style in the process.

Finally, this is not an issue to me, but I thought that going for 4th downs, even 4th and 1's was against the rules as was onside kicking it before the 4th qtr. Both happened in our do-over game, and I think it was "payback" for me "quitting" the first game. In the future if you think I pull the plug during a game I would hope we could address the issue prior to restarting the game. That way we can both discuss what had happened, as opposed to getting a message in the middle of the game(and a long pause) after things don't go the way the first game did.

For the record - and final time - I did not quit the first game. I hope to play other owners so they get the chance to beat the shit out of me and see that I won't quit. And I hope to either win the SuperBowl(unlikely) or finish with a top 5 draft position - so again, quitting during a loss is absolutle the last thing I will ever do. And again - check the trade block to see that I have offered up virtually anyone on my roster for picks, so I think my priorities are clear - play SIM ball and build for the future, as I am committed to this for the long haul.

Vikes went in to Ford Field and established control of the game early. Behind AllDay's running and a short, controlled passing attack the Vikings jumped out to an early lead that they never relinquished.

Peterson, Taylor, and newly signed Ian Johnson combined for 267 yards and 3 on the ground, and Brett Farve went 12/16 for 232 yards with 2 Tds/1 INT.

The Lions would mount a furious comeback in the second half, with Matt Stafford hooking up with Megatron 5 times for 114yds and 3 scores. Stafford would finish the game with 458 yards through the air, but it wouldn't be enough as the Vikings held on to win 44-33.

A great game despite the controversy surrounding it!

9. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Cowboys hosted the Giants in their home opener in Jerry World.

The Game would start off with a bang for the Cowboys with Felix Jones taking the opening kickoff back 97 yds for a Td to give the Boys a quick 7-0 lead. Not to be out done the Giants would answer right back with a good kickoff return of their own that would setup a Brandon Jacobs 46 yd romp for a Td. The Cowboys would close out the 1st qtr with a 3 yd Td run from Felix to retake the lead 14-7.For the rest of the game it would be a defensive struggle for both teams with only the Cowboys scoring a field goal for the rest of the 1st half to give them a 17-7 lead at halftime.

In the 2nd half it would be more defensefrom both teams with each team only able to get a Fg each in the 3rd qtr to make the score 20-10 after three.
    The 4th qtr would see the Giants try and mount a comeback on the legs of Jacobs and and some passes here and there from Eli. THat drive would end with Jacobs just running over Cowboys Cb Scandrick for a 3 yd Td run to pull the Giants within 3 points 20-17. The Cowboys offense would then go back to work looking to close the game out. They would be able to do so with the help of a 24 yd draw from Marion Barber where he would run over multiple Giant defenders to set up a 1 yd Td run by Tashard Choice who was playing for a injuried Felix Jones. The Defense would then step up witht he Giants threating twice with 2 interceptions in or near the endzone by Newman and Scandrick to seal the win for the Cowboys.

Cowboys win 27-17 gg Chris see ya in the meadowlands

Highlights

Felix 97 yd kickoff return for a Td

Jacobs 46 yd Td run

Jacobs runs Scandrick over for a Td

Barber says get out my way

10. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Well, it new to me on the PS3 vs the PC so, when I see "your opponent has quit, do you want to continue ..et" So, it reminding me of the EA NET where when your opponent would quit and thats the message you would receive. So, yea it kinda pissed me off and when you said to just restart I didn't reply because I just want to play the game and move on. Nothing against you I wasn't that mad just a little frustrated but, I moved on.

I only went for fourth down in the 4th quarter when I was down by more then 21. Thats the rules here. I onsided in the 4th quarter as well. I think there one time I pushed the wrong the kickoff and you took at TO to adjust but, I didn't do the onside I kicked it away if you remember. So, in all, it was a good offense game by both side. Viking running game was soild and Lion's passing game was on the mark. I love to run but, when I was down so fast I had to use the pass more. I even ran some with the shotgun formations.

However, no hard feeling here so, let that be said and see ya in Vikings later on. GG Tank

11. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

No biggie.

I am sorry the game dq'd, and don't want to start this franchise off on the wrong foot. Also it always seems when a game dq's the next game always seems to go in the other guys favor - which always makes for an uncomfortable win for the other guy.

You played a great game - both times - and I feel fortunate for the win. I look forward to playing you again and sorry for all of the misunderstandings on both sides.

12. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Its all good, hopefully we can some good rivals going here in the NFC North.

13. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Colts head down to Miami as veteran Ricky Williams takes over for the injured Ronnie Brown early.

Colts and Dolphins would trade scores in the 1st half but Miami adjusted to Payton's passing game and then just shut down the Colts run game.

Pennington played a great game with 2 scores and WR Bess had his way with the Colts secondary. Offensive line also gave great pass protection as blocking down field for the run.

Final
    Colts 14
    Miami 31

GG Bambam, GL on the season bud.

14. bambam

bambam Walk On

It was a great 1st half game between both teams. But then in the 2nd the Colts oline took a pill at halftime that didnt allow them to block a mouse. it was horrible as Phins defenders were coming off blocks like they were covered in giz. LOL, anyway...good game IROD and gl to ya bud.