Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GMONEY 15, Dec 18, 2012.

1. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

@selvy9 Selvy9
    Welcome to week 2 fellas. The next advance will be Thursday night at 1145pm EST. However if one of the USER games need 1 extra day, I will then advance it Friday night a 1145pm EST. Let's get those 2 USER games scheduled and played. Looks like some nice USER match ups in week #2. Good luck fellas.

Welcome to Week 2!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #18 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============

Last week the Seminoles were idle.

This week, the Seminoles travel to Laramie to face the Wyoming Cowboys (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) DT Aaron Warren has committed to South Carolina

- (*****) QB Jonathan Smith has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #17 Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0) ===============

Last week, Oklahoma State won 31-14 against Ohio State (0-1).

This week, the Cowboys travel to East Lansing to face the #4 Michigan State Spartans (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) WR Paul Charles has committed to LSU

- (****) WR Eric Adams has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== #11 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============

Last week, Miami won 51-7 against Washington (0-1).

This week, the Hurricanes travel to Austin to face the #2 Texas Longhorns (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:

- (*****) QB Drew Glover has committed to Miami

- (****) WR Eric Adams has committed to Oklahoma State

- (****) ROLB Akeem Harris has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #3 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============

Last week the Tigers were idle.

This week, the Tigers will host #7 Auburn (1-0).

In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) DT Brent Waters has committed to Florida

- (****) RE Jeremy Richardson has committed to LSU

=============== #21 Stanford Cardinal (1-0) ===============

Last week, Stanford won 38-15 against Utah (0-1).

This week, the Cardinal will host Arizona State (0-0).

=============== #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) ===============

Last week, Notre Dame won 31-28 against Michigan (0-1).

This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Iowa City to face the #8 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:

- (*****) RG Daniel Morton has committed to Notre Dame

- (*****) ROLB Justin Jean has committed to Notre Dame

- (****) QB Peter West has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-0) ===============

Last week the Demon Deacons were idle.

This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Columbus to face the #23 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-1).

In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) ROLB Anthony O'Neill has committed to Tennessee

- (***) DT Bobby Fox has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Maryland Terrapins (0-1) ===============

Last week, Maryland lost 59-0 against Wisconsin (1-0).

This week, the Terrapins travel to DeKalb to face the Northern Illinois Huskies (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) DT D.J. Peterson has committed to Pittsburgh

- (***) RE Brandon Seymour has committed to North Carolina

- (***) ROLB James McLaughlin has committed to Duke

=============== #4 Michigan State Spartans (0-0) ===============

Last week the Spartans were idle.

This week, the Spartans will host #17 Oklahoma State (1-0).

=============== #19 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============

Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.

This week, the Nittany Lions will host Temple (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) LG Steven Fuller has committed to West Virginia

- (***) DT D.J. Peterson has committed to Pittsburgh

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============

Last week the Longhorns were idle.

This week, the Longhorns will host #11 Miami (1-0).

In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #14 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============

Last week the Sooners were idle.

This week, the Sooners will host #20 Oregon (0-0).

In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) ROLB Lee Bennett has committed to Oklahoma

- (****) ROLB Akeem Harris has committed to Oklahoma

- (*****) QB Jonathan Smith has committed to Oklahoma
    Flag Story

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

droid43 Hey man I can play tonight after 7 pm eastern and tomorrow all day let me know.

3. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Automatik I'm out of town until tomorrow evening or so, but I can play at any point tomorrow night. Not quite sure when I'll get back, but I'll keep you updated.

4. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Alright sounds good.

5. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Heading back now. I should be on around 8-830 cst.

6. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Sounds good

7. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Survive East Lansing
    30-24
    [​IMG]
    Matt Russell crosses the goal line for the first of his two touchdowns on the day
    The Cowboys already defeated one top 25 B1G university in week one in Ohio State. In week two, the Cowboys traveled to East Lansing to face the #4 ranked Michigan State Spartans. The Spartans may have had a preparation advantage, but the Pokes had experience on the playing field. That experience may have been the underlying factor in this impressive road victory for the Cowboys.
    The Black and Orange won the toss and elected to receive the ball. The first quarter opened with each teach throwing and interception. After picking up a two first downs, Walsh was back to throw on a third and thirteen and keyed in too much to Zac Butler and was intercepted by the Spartan corner back. The home team had an excellent opportunity to gain an advantage by starting on the Cowboys side of the field, However Free Safety Ashton Lampkin returned the favor on third and goal. Lampkin's interception swung the momentum back completely to the Oklahoma State sideline. Walsh led an impressive drive after the interception which included a 66 yard run by the quarterback. The drive was capped off by a 12 yard pass to Butler.
    The Spartans once again were plagued by the turnover bug on their next drive. Running back Tommy Casatillo was hit in the backfield and coughed up the ball. Lampkin once again made a play and scooped up the fumble. Walsh took over with great field position, but the Spartans held strong once the Cowboys entered the redzone. After a failed third down attempt, the Cowboys were forced to settle for 3 points. The home team finally was able to answer after being down 10-0. Spartan Quarterback Conner Cook scrambled in from 9 yards out to cap off a 75 yard drive.
    Walsh once again showed his leadership and poise on the field. Rather than allowing his team to give the ball back to the Spartans, Walsh attacked the opposing secondary and found Matt Russell on a post route for a 44 yard touchdown. It was great the Cowboys scored, but did they score a little too quickly? Conner Cook certainly thought so. He began the march down the field to try and close the gap before halftime, but the Poke defense began to really put the clamps down up front. The front seven racked up 4 sacks in the first half and it was the constant pressure that lead Cook to make an errant throw just before the end of the half. Freshman Corner Chad Ryan made a spectacular leaping interception at the 5 yard line with 0:12 seconds remaining until half. After a Walsh kneel, the Cowboys went to the locker room with a 17-7 lead.
    The teams traded touchdowns in the third quarter. Oklahoma State scored early in the quarter with a 33 yard pass from Walsh to Russell. The 24-7 lead held by the away team began to look very worse and worse for the Spartans as the clock continued to run in the third quarter, but Coach Automatik and Cook refused to give up that easily in their home opener. The Spartans put together a quick drive and were able to score with 0:39 seconds left in the third. The Fans that filled the stadium began to get back into the game and slowly but surely the pressure began to swing back to the away team.
    Offensive fireworks may have flown between Walsh and Russell, but the player of the game for the Cowboys is definitely freshman placekicker Adam Cole. The Spartans came on strong in the fourth quarter scoring 10 points in the final stanza, but it was Cole's two field goals that kept that Cowboys' lead just out of reach. Early in the fourth Cole nailed a 46 yarder against the 14 mph wind to give the Cowboys a 27-14 lead, and after a Spartan touchdown Cole booted another field goal against the wind. This time the 48 yard field goal gave the Black and Orange a two score, 30-21 lead with just 1:49 remaining. Coach Automatik decided to kick the field goal first rather than attempting a fourth and ten from the OSU 17 yard line. The decision may have been a little late, but regardless the onside kick was unsuccessful with 0:29 second remaining. Walsh came onto the field and secured the victory with a kneel.
    Great game automatik, good luck the rest of the way!

• Like Like x 2
  8. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Another close USER game. Good job of getting this in. I will be advancing to week 3 in 20 minutes as 1 other guy is still playing the game.

9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

So, we advancing? Also, just fyi, I'm gonna be out from Sunday to Thursday night for Christmas stuff. What's the plan for our schedule over the holiday? I know some are on the road, some will be home wanting to play a lot, so whatever works for most is ok, just wanna know what we're thinkin.

10. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I'll be around, but I have no problem waiting on those who are traveling.

11. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

It was a great game droid43. Man, that kicker is money, I coouldn't believe you made those FGs against 14+mph wind. That offense of yours is something else. Good luck the rest of the way too.

12. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Yeah, I have no problem waiting for those who will be away.

13. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Same here, the guy is a freshman and I was hoping I would barely get that first one, but he had at least another 7-8 yards on the 46 yarder. :eek: