Week 3 2010 Now Open - Deadline 8.9.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Aug 5, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 3 2010 Now Open - Deadline 8.9.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 3 Now Open

Please complete by August 9, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

[YOUTUBE]E5a93wABHNM&feature=av2e[/YOUTUBE]​

FYI - Rags has decided the GBN is not for him citing the sliders. Best of luck to Rags. We will miss you.

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Only 1 GBN Matchup this week as NDColts' 0-2 Rockets travel to Western Michigan to take on Lambeau's 1-1 Broncos.

I started a scheduling thread for you guys in the scheduling section.

Thanks!

3. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

There, fixed it! (y)

Thanks for the Dre hook-up. Makes me feel much better after my ass got kicked at Temple last night.

DETROIT WHAT! DETROIT WHAT! :cool:

4. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY9HfOfG6h0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FY9HfOfG6h0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Quite fond of the live version. No editing. (y)

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I have issues with the sliders as well, but outside of the robo qb and the fact I had some poor play calling early 3rd quarter down 21-7 up until my offense woke up made game a bad blowout. My last game was a surprisingly fun, although frustrating, game.

That being said, I believe there will be an issue of robo QB no matter what the slider setting is at.

End rant

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I told you "Old School" GBN guys The Commish was going to be "Nazi-like" this year.

I posted a potential slider set on 7/13. That was TWENTY days before we started the GBN for real. In that thread I asked for comments from all members. I got 5 comments prior to the start:

#1 Roady - 0 Hum FGA?

#2 Lambeau - Hum RBL lowered; Hum Pass Rush lowered; Hum Pass Catch raise

#3 Roady - Hum Pass Catch issues

#4 Radio - Holding at 100

# 5 Roady - likes liders but kicking

Notice not a single comment from Rags about the sliders being too difficult/bad and how I could improve them.

In response to the comments I raised the kicking for both the Hum and CPU and I believe (I need to check) I lowered the run block. I do not think i touched either hum pass rush or catch.

I did not lower the pass rush b/c I wasn't seeing the issues Lambeau was. In fact, in my games the CPU is having too much time if anything to sit in the pocket. I similarly did not raise hum catch b/c #1 i haven't seen as many drops others are seeing and #2 if we catch every ball thrown completion %s, yards, TDs, points, etc... are all going to be out of whack (at least without drastically lowering QBA). #3 Others have indicated if you set catch to "conservative" the drops issue largely goes away.

Each of us has different skill levels and different things we are better/struggle at. I found a set that was giving me good results and I asked for comment. I want the slider set to be as fair/sim a set for everyone involved but I cannot magically guess that Rags or anyone else will have issue(s) with the sliders unless they use them prior to a season and say hey I'm having issue(s) with.....

Rags had Ball State which is the 111th best team in the game to start out with and rated 64 OVR, 66 OFF, 64 DEF. His teams sucks (as do most of our clubs which is why we picked the MAC). I don't think it is out of the realm of "sim" for a team like that to lose to a 1AA opponent 14-22 (one score) if they played poorly and/or had a few bad breaks during the game.

I'd note, Rags did not "bitch" "moan" or anything of the sort. He simply sent me a PM indicating he did not like the sliders we were using and in order to avoid breaking a controller he was stepping down. In fact here is the PM I received:

Sorry Rags feels/felt that way. We move on without him now with the 8 of us at present and I'll continue to look for additional members.

"Robo QB" has been a problem with the series for sometime now. It seems there is no real answer to this solution. The CPU is pretty accurate right now but the passing game can be stopped by timely user swatting and/or big hits to jar the ball loose and of course the CPU drops passes as well.

Example, I "held" BC's QB to just under 60% passing 16/27 in my game last week.

I do not think this slider set is perfect by any stretch of the imagination. However, I do believe it is a fairly solid foundation which once people put some time in with should give us all fairly "sim" results.

We will re-visit the sliders at the end of the season. This will give us a bigger sampling of plays/games and more time for people to get a feel for how the game plays with our current set.

/rant

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'm not bitching about sliders. They are what they are. I just want my qb back lol

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My week 3 is done

Key play in my last game was a qb sack by Buffalo, UCF's starting QB got hurt. It forced UCF to be more one dimensional and I couldn't stop the running game. Final was 27-20 UCF winning.

Getting back to robo qb most dynaties in years past to help reduce it whether it's Varsity/AA/Heisman have mad QBa as low as 5 for both user and cpu. In 3 games in this dynasty the cpu may have misfired on 3 passes total, the reason the comp% is not above 80% is due to reasonable number of drops. I also believe user qba is too high, although I have thrown a few ints, my qbs have not been offline on ANY passes in 3 games. In other online dynasties I am in, and also the offline dynasty I am playing, the qba for both user and cpu is either 10 or 15 and we see a more realistic passing game.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I'll mess around with QBA in Play Now games. Perhaps, its something that we can look at for next season.

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish gets his ass handed to him 10-72. I just LOVE the fact that the CPU up by 50+ points is still going for it on 4th down; running spread and throwing the ball all around and not running the clock. I know I'm supposed to lose this game and I'm glad I did but the CPU play calling logic is just FUCKED UP. Just sayin'

11. NDCOLTS1979

Lol yeah i have noticed that as well. Its like come on take it easy on me now.

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

CLW>Baylor was like that to me week 2 as well. Nothing like making sure to cover the spread. lol

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

LOL it got so.... silly I was like man if anyone ever pulled that in ANY league they would be removed. More importantly, of course is they would lose precious Season Showdown Sportsmanship Points.

In fairness, my playcalling got really lazy in the fourth quarter. Combined with being pissed and I was literally trying to hurt their players with bit hits and blitzes all over the place.

I got the Bye Week next week to lick my wounds and then take out my frustrations on Roady in my 1st MAC Conference Game. I'm comin' for blood biatch! (y)

14. NDCOLTS1979

Lmao well i hope im not ur first victim this is real tough when i lose my starting qb for 7 weeks in the first game on a team with little talent. At least i maybe getting a 4* to sign pretty soon

15. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Let's see...I got blown out in week one by the #6 team. Then I got smoked by the #120 team. Then I just lost on a 16 point swing that took 2 minutes. I can't think of much else your Golden Flashers can do to make this season worse....

But we'll be ready for kickoff.

16. NDCOLTS1979

Toledo puts their first win of the season on the board winning at Western Michigan 41-21. This was all done on the ground and defense gg Lambeau

17. NDCOLTS1979

Damn Roadhouse u have one ugly ass schedule the rest of the year

18. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Just a bit ugly. Please keep that in mind when I roll that doughnut into Toledo in week 9 or so.

19. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

According to EASW, once Radio finishes his game against UConn we will be ready to advance to Week 4.

Great job getting your stuff in in a timely fashion!

20. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Firing up the ps3 now

EDIT: Temple wins a shootout 36-33. B. Pierce goes for 180 yards on 17 carries. Crazy ass game.

21. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Check out #18 Athlete Joseph Boyd. He ,might be the best 3* recruit ive seen on this years game. He's cock teasing me too. I moved from 10th to 3rd on his list in 2 weeks but alas, he is a lock for Pitt.

22. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

Your quarterback - and all of our quarterbacks - have been kidnapped by evil forces from "that other league."

Currently being sodomized, no doubt. :eek:

23. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Agreed. I'm cool with the sliders, once I started editing my user settings. The drops have been normalized, (even though I dropped a wide open TD vs. Colorado State and had to settle for the FG.) That ish does happen.

I'm just amazed at the athletic ability of the D-Line guys swatting balls at will. Yesterday I saw a great pic of an INT here, where the LB's waist looked head level to the WR. Bananas. I'm ok with the game play and speed, but am hampered by low talent players. Hey, I choose the team and knew I was taking the greasy end of the strap-on to rep Dat U. So be it.

I'll just be happy going to USER games, so I can't lose by more than 35. :D

24. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

Everyone talks about these user settings. I'm looking all over for them and can't find them.

25. NDCOLTS1979

User settings get set back to default.