1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 3 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.19.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Sep 16, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 3 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.19.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 3 Now Open

Please complete by September 19, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

Thanks!

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

No video? Boo!! Boo, boo, boo your ass. (n)

No wonder I lost!

Miami U goes up to #17 Minnesota and plays a pretty damn competitive game. The mighty Gopher defense was too fast. They hammered Zac Dysert, who looked rusty in his return from a sprained elbow. He was sacked 8 times, knocked down 9 more, and had 4 pics. Two pics were off passes that were tipped after Dysert was getting hammered.

Contributing to his agony were 7 more drops (two in the end zone, two for first downs), and two lost fumbles. The first fumble was by the backup RB on his first carry, which was inside the Red Zone. That play capped a long, opening drive where the home crowd was stunned we could move the ball. Hey, so was I. :rolleyes:

Our defense was huge, though. We forced three INTs and forced and recovered a fumble. We even held the edge in TOP. Still, the #17 team in the nation had too much depth and speed for us to hang for 4 quarters.

Gophers beat dat U, 35-21.

Maybe next week...

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Good to see the Redhawks coming alive even in defeat (y)

I had a GBN vs BCS report done and ready to post when the site went down. (n) I'm gonna wait till after week 3 and do an updated version.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Glad to hear it wasn't just me that couldn't get to the site. (y)

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

That's a nice backup feature with having EA. I was able to check over there to see if the week had been advanced before jumping on the sticks.

Otherwise...we'd be lost. Stranded. Like on Revis Island....

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Toledo beats the Dukies on the ground and in the air so glad to not be dat U and win one lol

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Honestly, this is horrible situational awareness. Here I was, picking teams I thought I could beat in the offseason, but I must have been thinking back to 2008 because I fucked up in a big way.

Fresno State at 48? Ok, my boys always get early hype, so I expected that. UTEP at 78? Wow, since baby Palmer left they got even better. And now Minnesota at 17? WTF? The really didn't play like it, but the D line was fast.

The plays that pissed me off happened cuz of their freak DT. Twice he broke up passes when he dropped into a short zone. Once, on a second and short, I had a WR run that little stop pattern. I watch the DT drop striaght back, as soon as I click X he flies right, and jumps the route. He beat the ball to the WR. Unreal.

Next week I get Ball State, so hopefully I can put it together. Otherwise, I'll be getting the fleXbox One shoved up my butt by Air Force, and Temple returns to hammer it straight through the otherside after that. Geez.

Next year I'm going to schedule Dartmouth, William & Mary, and Arthur Murray's school of dance.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol yeah i feel ya. I have learned to take a side step to throw the ball. If my guy is slanting and the DT is on my right side i take one step left and get the clear site and throw it. I havent had any batted balls yet this year. Yeah Iowa bslapped me so yeah i made that mistake fore sure

9. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Bowling green fixed the dropsies vs Tulane this week. Was a run and gun type of game. Tulane threw the gauntlet at me.Had to play a close to perfect game to shake them. I get more DE's swatting my balls then DT's for some reason. But all in all they both do it equally i guess. The funniest is LB's leaping like superman with there 80 inch verticals to get to ball 10 ft over there heads with a receiver 15 yards behind them. Needless to say i don't run out and up routes anymore cause of it. Nice effort vs Minnesota Roadhouse you almost got em bro.

10. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

NIU falls to Northwestern 33-23. Thats what happens when the Northwestern RB goes 75 yards on the first play. Then on the second possession he goes 60+ for a 13-0 Lead and I'm playing catchup the rest of the way.

I made it close in the 4th down 10 with the ball dep in Western territory, but Harnish throws one of his 5 piks in the game. Cant win when u throw 5 piks against anyone. Well we are threw the gauntlet part of the schedule. 1-2 is not bad I guess, hell at least I won 1.

11. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

This might be the making of a special year for Western Michigan. Things just seem to be falling into place every game. WMU beats Wake Forest 31-28.

I took a 24-7 lead and then held off the robo-QB to steal a win.

ND - thank you so much for the 'conservative gameplay' tip for catching. Its a lot more fun to play when your players look like D-1 athletes and not Helen Keller. I only see one, maybe two, drops by my team per game now when they are wide open and don't get hit.

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Nice work, LL.

Of course, the magic carpet ride doesn't bode well for the upcoming Redhawks game.

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish Falls to Kentucky thanks to the fine fuckers at EA Sports. 9 dropped passes (with Conservative Catch) and 7 fumbles (4 lost) and what felt like 20+ missed tackles (with conservative tackle) doomed Kent St. The Golden Flashes were forced to abandon the run early but did throw for 500+ yards.

That leaves Radio left to finish his game/recruiting.

14. onaradio34

Firing it up now.

15. onaradio34

Grrrr...just got the CPU horseshit for the 2nd straight game. I had 3 turnovers. 2 fumbles, both returned for TD's. I pick by a leaping D-Lineman. Rutgers fumbled 5 times which I could only recover 1. Down by 5 I drive down the field and with 10 seconds left from the 12 I score the game-winning TD....but no, fucking holding on my right tackle. That was on fourth so it's 4th and 20. The CPU brings instantaneous pressure from a 3 man rush in which the 2 DE's rush right around my tackles without having a finger laid on them....sigh...