Week 3 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Week 3 2012

We are now to week 3, a few more big games this week but should be a fairly quick week if we can get these user games done. Post all summaries here or in your summaries threads. Thanks for the quick work guys.

Games of the Week:

Red= Conference Challenge

#3 Oklahoma (Swens26) @ #22 Michigan (Big Suge Knight)

Texas Tech (CWHarris1) @ #17 Ohio St (Maslerboros16)

#6 Georgia Tech @ #14 VA Tech (DJ391)

Next advance will be no later than Thursday at 6 PM EST

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Did Miami beat BC in week 2? Just curious and I will be unable to check until tomorrow.

3. Hova

You won jaf

4. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

More poor QB play dooms Texas Tech, as they go down 24 - 0 at Ohio State. Red Raider QB Doege throws four picks, including one on each of his final three drives. The Texas Tech D, held the Buckeyes to 17 points, but a couple missed FG's early and an uninspired offense gives Tech their second big defeat in as many weeks.

Another good game from my opponent.

After 8 pics in 2 weeks, I have to wonder what the scouting report will say.

5. Hova

Tough loss, hang in there, your interceptions will lower as you play more with your team and as they get better since you have one of the lower rated teams in the league.

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

BC - 37
    FSU -10

Not much more to say than it was one of those games where all my 90+ rated linebackers and DTS couldnt wrap up a lesser running back...sometimes I feel like the CPU has games where no matter what I do, they are determined to make my evening miserable and deny me any sort of fun...argh!

7. Hova

You guys flew threw those games this week, great work. There are no games left already except UM and OU because they had connection issues.

8. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oregon - 24
    Arizona St. - 16

For the second consecutive year the Arizona State run defense gave Oregon fits, but the Ducks were once again able to comeback from a double-digit deficit to defeat ASU.
    The Sun Devils scored the game's first 10 points before the Duck defense righted itself and senior running back LeMichael James came alive.

James finished the game with 146 yards rushing and two scores while quarterback Darron Thomas also had another touchdow. The Duck defense was led by freshman end Darrell Wilson who had a multi-sack day.

9. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah, the pics are my problem; obviously. Every game one gets taken back for a TD on me. I could really shred the D passing in the '09 game, but haven't figured it out this year. It seems, the QB is not as effective leading the receiver. Of the pics I have thrown, half of them I honestly thought were going to be completions. I'll eventually figure that out, but I have noticed game, good old Doege definitely misses a couple open guys every game. I have to give my opponents some credit too, they have been very good at snagging pics and getting pressure.

All that being said, it has been good fun playing in realistic games with other people.

10. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

The user games have been great. Its just so frustrating that I can shut down a human running game, but get absolutely gutted by CPU running backs.

Offensively, yes, my QB sucks, but its the defense that gives me headaches

11. Hova

I never lead the WR. That might be one of your problems. It is much better just to fire the ball in (hold down the button hard) than lead the WR. Your QB prolly not having a very high accuracy rating plus the accuracy sliders pretty much negate any chance of the lead being perfect unless you truely have a great passer which i don't think any of us do. I usually dont see accuracy's over 95 since colt mccoy left. Try just throwing bullets in the middle and short game and lobs for the deep stuff. Leading rarely works so i never use it.

12. Hova

lol that is the exact opposite for me, I can shut CPU run games down like 16 yards a game. But against any user they can shred my defense even with a mediocre back. I don't get it.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Harris I think a big difference is that the Texas Tech players we know (Harrell, Crabtree, Sheffield, Potts) are gone, if you still had even one of them I think I would have been in big trouble.

14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Its interesting. I tried out a different defensive playbook (4-3) so maybe that had something to do with it.

Im going into practice against my next opponent using the 3-4...ill let you know how it works

15. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

You could be right, I may just switch over to the triple-option offense; wait a minute, Doege can't run either. Really, I've just got to learn my QB's limitations.

Thanks for the tips on the "lead the receiver" stick Hova. I start thinking back, and that may explain some of my issues.

16. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Thanks for the kind words. You may be right, I may need to switch to the triple-option.

Thanks for the "lead the receiver" tip Hova, I think back, and could definitely see that being an issue for me.

By the way, I found messages from both of you guys on my yahoo account this morning. I almost never log into it, so I didn't see them, but e-mails sent to that account come straight to my phone, and I almost always have it with me.