Week 3 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 28, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 3 2012

Week due tomorrow afternoon but I'd like to get back to adv at night so let's get it in by 4 am if we can.

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 39-25 against Northwestern (1-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host Akron (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Brett Peoples has committed to Ball State

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 41-17 against Colorado (1-1).
    This week, the Vandals will host Washington State (0-2).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 61-28 against West Virginia (1-0).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Bowling Green (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Wesley Williams has committed to Temple

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 62-23 against Pittsburgh (1-0).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Temple (0-1).

=============== UAB Blazers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 37-21 against Southern Miss (0-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (0-0).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 25-7 against Clemson (1-0).
    This week, the Black Knights will host Air Force (0-1).

=============== #22 Western Michigan Broncos (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 21-19 against Ohio State (0-1).
    This week, the Broncos will host Central Michigan (1-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 31-12 against North Texas (1-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Miami to face the #12 Miami Hurricanes (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Lee Alexander has committed to Arkansas State

=============== Utah State Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 45-16 against BYU (1-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Salt Lake City to face the #24 Utah Utes (2-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 52-42 against Baylor (0-1).
    This week, the Warhawks will host SMU (1-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 33-10 against South Carolina (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (1-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 38-35 against LSU (0-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Louisiana Tech (1-0).

2. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I will get my game in around midnight et.

3. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Eagles lose heartbreaker in OT to Akron

Ypsilanti, Michigan - When you've lost 13 in a row, you know that all of the breaks are against you. Devontae Payne gets hurt on a critical 2nd down play in OT and the Eagles are forced to depend on their porous defense to make a stop in Overtime.. Needless to say it took the Zips one play to seal a 34-31 OT victory at Rynearson Stadium.

The Eagles offense though has definitely improved. Senior Running Back Joe Fleming earned the starting position for a while with his impressive 28 carries for 183 yards against the Zips defense. The game was played in a downpouring rain and surprisingly both teams did a decent job holding onto the ball with each team only making a couple of mistakes offensively.

The game was 28-21 at halftime and the Eagles were able to tie the game up at 28-28 with 1:03 left in the fourth. The temptation was for the Eagles to go for two to try to win the game, but considering the fact that the offense had been pretty efficient, plus with the game at home... Bleh.

The Eagles travel to Mount Pleasant for a game against the Chippewas in their first of two against their former Michigan-MAC rivals.

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army outguns armed forces foe Air Force
    [​IMG]

West Point, NY

The Army Black Knights continue to improve and find their offensive identity. Led by Senior QB Trent Steelman the Black Knights sqeaked past Air Force 38-32. Steelman had his hand in on all four offensive touchdowns throwing for 3 and rushing for 1. Hayden Pierce (SS) scooped up a fumble in the 4th to bring in a defensive TD for army as well.

Army is still ironing a few things out offensively with their new coach and new offense but overall Coach Hammerhead is pleased with the effort this week from his team.

Player of the Game:
    [​IMG]
    Name Position Comp-Att Yards TD-INT Rushes-YDS Rush TD
    Trent Steelman QB 12-18 186 yds 3-0 19-71 yds 1

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Aggies Roll Over Rival (#24)Utah Utes 44-17.

Sound Familure? Last week, Utah State beat rival BYU 45-16. This week, The Aggies traveled accross the state to play rival (#24)Utah, and won 44-17. The Aggies shut down Heisman leading candidate Jordon Wynn, intercepting 3 passes and holding him to 276 yards and one touchdown. The game got out of hand in the 2nd quarter when the Utes had 4 of their 7 total turnovers on the day. The Aggies capitalized, and scored 28 in the 2nd quarter, taking a 31-10 lead at the half. Utah State would add 10 points early in the 3rd to put the game out of reach. After a scoreless 4th quarter, the final score was 44-17. Freshman QB Dennis Brewster was the player of the game for the 2nd straight week, completing 13 of 24 passes for 194 yards and 2 TDs, and running for another touchdown as well. The Aggies upset the ranked Utes for the second straight season, and win the Beehive Boot for the second straight season, the award given to the best team in Utah. Utah State starts conference play on the road @ 1-1 Army

6. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

Wow...I feel like I've been kicked in the groin, but all I can say is what a game.

Tennesee scored late in the first quarter to take the lead after Cunningham fumbled near the 50. MTSU was able to score with 36 seconds left to go in the 2nd quarter, but that left too much time apparently, because Tennesee was able to score on three plays, and even more impressively 18 seconds. After a Volunteer FG, I scored 13 unanswered points to take a 20-17 lead with 34 seconds remaining.......but it was deja vu all over again folks. Tennessee marched down the field in 25 seconds and scored on a 23 yard pass. After two terrible passes, the game was over, and Middle Tennessee's hearts had been broken. What a game!

It felt like every Blue Raider skill player was hurt for some extent of the game. Burnette (QB) was hurt off an on because his tackles were letting Tennessee DE's abuse them. Cunningham (TE) was hurt late in the first quarter, and provided a spark plug when he returned early in the 4th. WR's Franklin and Turner were in and out of the game with injuries as well. Tennessee was hitting hard and defititely left their mark on the Blue Raiders.

PASSING LEADERS
    Burnette: 22-41, 265 Yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Bray: 11-18, 203 Yds, 2 TD's, 1 INT

RUSHING LEADERS
    Cunningham: 14 att. 93 Yds
    Oku: 17 att. 91 Yds

RECEIVING LEADERS
    Franklin: 9 Rec. 97 Yds
    Turner: 5 Rec. 45 Yds. 1 TD
    Milton: 4 Rec. 98 Yds. 1 TD
    Teague: 3 Rec. 43 Yds. 1 TD

Next week the Blue Raiders hit the road again in their C-USA opener against the Golden Flashes of Kent State (1-1)

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I don't feel like doing a full write-up, but my defense is pathetic this season. Really gonna have to figure out someway to make them not suck so much.

Regardless, offense did enough to win the rivalry game over Bowling Green, 38-28.

Howard Brown, my true freshman running back replacing 1st team all-Cusa running back Jacquise Terry from last year, has shown flashes of brilliance as he went for 180 yards and 4 scores against BG. Still needs to run more consistently tho.

8. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

My team is just awful. My receivers can't catch and my defense can't tackle. And my quarterback's best strength is his blazing 63 speed. I just got raped again, this time at the hands of rival Washington State. It was 44-3 going into the 4th quarter. Final was 51-17 after I got two garbage touchdowns with minutes left.

Their quarterback went 30-43 for 450 yards and 5 TD's. They also ran the ball 39 times for 137 yards. The stat that makes me sickest of all is their conversion rate. They were 10-13 on 3rd downs....BUT they were 2-2 on 4th downs. That's right. I stopped them once the whole damn game. Robo QB was in full effect and my offense couldn't get any decent drives put together. It's going to be a long year in Idaho.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

It looks like they kicked a field goal in there...So are you sure that one "stop" wasn't just you holding them to 3 points?

10. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Dude this game was a joke. I lost 72 to 63. I was down 31 in the second quater so I had to start airing it out. I even got it within 7 in the fourth before I turned it over. SMU ran the score up. They had a chance to kneel at the end of the 4th but they decided that they needed to break the 70 point mark. But that allowed me to break the recieving record for all time by Harris. Their qb put up the passing record for yards in a game for their school. My qb may have put up the passing record for all time as well but not sure. My qb had 4 picks, which killed me but the main problem is my defense cant stop anyone. This game felt like it went on for ever, probably because they would score everytime they got the ball. The problem is I got down so quickly early that I had to abandon the run and just start ariing it out. I have never threw that many times in one game. I need to find a way to play some defense.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

37 [​IMG] [​IMG] 40

Arkansas State's Attempt at Miraculous Comeback Thwarted By Turnovers

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    Arkansas State 0 7 6 24 37
    Miami 20 3 14 3 40

At the end of the day, it was the 6 turnovers that killed the Red Wolves. And these weren't your average turnovers. Turnovers in the red zone. Turnovers immediately after forcing a turnover. Turnovers on two of the final drives of the game, including the one with the chance to win it. There were other things that plagued Arkansas State though.

Starting QB Ryan Aplin is out for the year after breaking his ankle in the first game of the season. In the third quarter, backup QB Andre Smith was injured, leaving the Red Wolves with 3rd string QB (and 4th string receiver) Aerion Williams, who was actually quite effective. The game started awfully for Arkansas State, and they deserve credit for fighting back.

A fumble return for a TD on the first drive put the Red Wolves down 7-0. After getting the ball back, a promising drive was cut short by another fumble, and the next play Miami HB Storm Johnson took it 62 yards to the house. By the end of the first, it was 20-0 Hurricanes, and it got a little worse. After a 69 yard interception return for a TD by SS J. Whitney, Arkansas State couldn't do anything offensively the rest of the half, and went into it down 23-7. The only thing that really kept them in this game was the kicking of B. Avery of Miami, who missed 2 chip shots and an extra point.

In the third Miami looked like they were going to pull away with 2 touchdowns and strong drives, and going into the 4th it was Miami 37, Arkansas State 13. But in the 4th, Aerion Williams put on a show, and so did the defense. With Smith at QB, the Red Wolves offense was pedestrian. He threw for 283 yards, but was under 50% on completions and threw 2 INTs. Williams came in and threw for 89 yards and a TD, and ran for another 96 with 2 rushing TDs.

A frantic 4th quarter saw the Red Wolves start it with a Williams TD run, then the defense held Miami to a FG. 40-21 Miami. Williams then led Arkansas State on a 78 yard drive in under a minute, with another TD run from Williams ending the drive. 40-29 Miami. After a 3 and out, the Red Wolves looked like they were gonna get back in this thing, with almost 4 minutes left to get 2 scores. After getting in Miami territory, Williams was intercepted when overthrowing HB D. Aycock a screen pass, and it looked to be over for the Red Wolves.

Miami drove downfield and set up for a chip shot. Wide right, and the Wolves still had a shot. With 2:00 left, they needed a miracle. And after 3 straight incompletions, the Red Wolves failed on 4th down, essentially ending their chances, giving Miami the ball at the Arkansas State 22. And with only 2 timeouts left, all they needed to do was run out the clock. But HB Storm Johnson was stripped of the ball on the first play, and it was returned to midfield.

Three plays later, Williams found S. Young from 19 yards out for the score. Now the Red Wolves needed the 2-pt conversion, an onside kick, and a FG to send it to overtime. A lot to ask for from the football gods. The 2-pt was good, and wouldn't you know it? Miami muffs the onside and the Red Wolves recover with 1:10 left and 30 yards to go for field goal range. A few pass plays, and a run by Williams gets the ball to the 36 of Miami with :23 left.

The Wolves need about 5 yards, but need more to be safe. Williams scrambles after the line breaks down on the next play, and finds a hole and runs up the middle. Just after getting to the 25 and past the first down marker, he attempts to slide, but gets hit simultaneously, and the ball pops out. Miami jumps on it, game over. The miracle that never was.

For Miami, their starting QB Ali Highsmith was knocked out of the game in the first quarter, so backup S. Morris took his place and went 18/29 for 344 yards and a TD and INT. Running back Storm Johnson had 208 yards on 30 carries, and 2TDs, as well as 3 receptions for 79 yards. B. Beach led all receivers for the Hurricanes with 5 receptions and 114 yards, with a TD as well.

For Arkansas State, QB Andre Smith was 16/33 for 283 yards, a TD and 2INTs before he was injured. Aerion Williams replaced him and went 5/13 for 89 yards, a TD and an INT. Williams also had 11 carries for 96 yards and 2 rushing TDs, as well as a reception for 18 yards. Dontae Aycock had 9 carries for 31 yards at HB, along with a reception for 2 yards. The star of the game was backup HB Frankie Jackson, who had 50 yards rushing on only 5 carries, and had 7 receptions for 139 yards. R. Alford led the WRs with 6 receptions for 97 yards.​

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Dude Aplin out for the year? Thats tough news to take especially first game in. I feel for ya man.

13. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Aplin out for the year = instant suicide.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Sweet... Well Nik, I guess Spencer Keith moves up a spot in your power rankings!

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2012 Week 3
    UAB Blazers - 20
    USC Trojans - 51​

Los Angeles, CA – I F’ing hate losing to USC!!!!

The UAB Blazers went into the Coliseum on Saturday with hopes of pulling off the upset. Coach Recchem knew in order to do this the Blazers would have to play mistake free football. For a quarter and half, UAB did this. Then, the wheels feel off.

Trailing 12-10 mid way through the 2nd quarter, QB David Isabelle threw the first of his 2 interceptions. This one was returned for 6 by the Trojan defense. Following the kickoff, Isabelle turned the ball over again, getting sacked and fumbling deep inside their own territory.

Down 25-10 at half, UAB show some signs of life as they marched down the field and scored on a pass from Isabelle to Sophomore WR Jackie Williams to make the score 25-17. But, the outmanned Blazer defense could do nothing to stop the USC offense and from that point on, the route was on.

For Isabelle, it was a day to forget as he turned the ball over 4 times. Twice on interceptions, once on a sack in which he fumbled and, for good measure, once on a bad option pitch.

So, the Blazers head home to take on the defending CUSA Champions, the Western Michigan Broncos in Birmingham to kick off the conference schedule.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    UAB 7 3 10 0 20
    USC 0 25 13 13 51

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UAB USC
    First Downs 17 15
    Total Yards 328 496
    Rushes-Yards-TD 23-42-1 33-177-4
    Comp-Att-TD 20-31-1 19-26-3
    Passing Yards 286 319
    Turnovers 5 1
    Fum 2 0
    Int 3 1
    T.O.P. 14:42 17:18

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    David Isabelle, UAB 144.4 20 30 286 1 2
    Matt Barkley, USC 206.3 19 26 319 3 1

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Chad Winbush, UAB 9 43 4.7 1
    Corey Preston, USC 17 144 8.4 2

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Jackie Williams, WR, UAB 5 80 16.0 1
    Kyle Prater, WR, USC 5 130 26.0 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Chris Walton, DE, UAB 7 2 1 0 0 0 0
    Robert Woods, FS, USC 11 2 0 1 1 0 0

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its gonna be a long year for the Blazers as my secondary has not been able to cover anyone in the first 2 games.

17. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya especially when it was in a game that was simmed, that I tried to play but my xbox froze on me twice...it's bullshit

18. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Are we ready to adv now?

19. DirtycashDylan

I'll advance in an hour when I get home. I'm getting too old to have nights like last night.

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Long male review?

21. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Got Dangit.

I hate to be a grammar nazi because I don't typically care about that kind of stuff on the internet, but if you're going to keep bringing it up, at least spell it right. Revue.

22. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I've got $5 on IHOP parking lot.

23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm sorry, I don't attend Male REVUEs very often so I'm unsure on the spelling... Wonder how you are so acquainted with the spelling. Jackass...

24. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Awesome

25. DirtycashDylan

Hilarious.