Week 3 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

advancing now

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (1-0) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 23-17 against San Diego State (0-1).
    This week, the Spartans will host USC (1-0).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Broncos were idle.
    This week, the Broncos travel to Mt. Pleasant to face the Central Michigan Chippewas (0-1).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Bowling Green (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Michael Franklin has committed to Florida

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles travel to Ft. Lauderdale to face the Florida Atlantic Owls (0-1).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Houston to face the #21 Houston Cougars (1-0).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 42-7 against North Texas (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (0-1).

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic lost 27-23 against UNLV (1-0).
    This week, the Owls will host Eastern Michigan (0-0).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 31-10 against Duke (1-0).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host Louisville (0-1).

=============== Memphis Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 63-21 against ECU (0-2).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (1-0).

=============== Akron Zips (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Zips were idle.
    This week, the Zips travel to Columbus to face the #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Kurt Britt has committed to Akron

=============== UNLV Rebels (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UNLV won 27-23 against Florida Atlantic (0-1).
    This week, the Rebels travel to Fort Worth to face the TCU Horned Frogs (1-0).

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 42-37 against UTEP (1-0).
    This week, the Lobos travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-0).

3. Steamer43

Looks like the only Conference game is versus an AP team.

4. DirtycashDylan

Yep, 24 hour week.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I got railed by Tennessee, 50-something to 10, my lone TD being a 101 yard interception return.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steamer43

Middle Tennessee State - 54
    #21 Houston Cougars - 35

[​IMG]

Blue Raiders Win Shootout in Houston!

The final score doesn't indicate just how close this game was. For the second straight week, MTSU came out flat and surrendered a big lead. Houston converted their first three drives for touchdowns thanks to three big passing plays that either scored or set up a score. Down 21-0 already, MTSU got the big play they needed on the ensuing kick off, when RS Freshman Christian Collis returned it all the way for a touchdown for his first career score and cut the lead to 21-7. MTSU got their first stop and converted on a field goal to cut it to 21-10. Collis's 2nd career touchdown came just one drive later as MTSU got the ball back and capped off the drive with a 22 yard TD pass from Kilgore to Collis. Houston was knocking at the door to extend the lead, but an option pitch got picked off by an MTSU CB. Backed near their own end zone, Kilgore found WR Williams who beat single coverage and made the catch and was off to the races for an 89 yard TD pass to take their first lead of the game. MTSU capped the first half with a field goal to go in 27-21.

MTSU opened the 3rd quarter just as hot as they ended the first half. On the first play from scrimmage, running back Benjamin Cunningham finally found an opening and broke off a 70 yard TD run to go up 34-21. Houston regained momentum and went back up 35-34 on consecutive TDs. MTSU drove right back down the field and retook the lead on an 8 yard TD reception by true freshman fullback Jackson. Houston tried to respond, but the QB under thew a pass that was picked off by MTSU and ran back for a TD to take a 47-35 lead. Houston threw another pick and Cunningham busted a 51 yard TD run to cap off the upset over #21 Houston.

MTSU heads to Western Michigan next week for the Broncos inaugural C-USA game.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Is Snoopy playing Steamer's games?

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

He only put up 63 and 54. Add a zero to get a snoopy score.

9. Steamer43

That was Fever that dropped the 63. I only scored 31 my first game.

10. nikpin

Fever/Steamer/Hammer. All the same.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

The ragtag group of expendables

12. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Without us this conference would be nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  13. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

You all that can't get these names straight will be senile/peeing on yourself by 50.

14. nikpin

You like Kentucky, Steamer is MTSU and FF is Memphis. They all wear blue. See the correlation?

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

The Alzheimer's hasn't set in yet old man. Good memory.

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

You all that can't get these words straight need to stop typing in Kentuckian

17. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Defeated By The Commonwealth Champions:

Despite a nice 14-0 start and a game that looked to be in the control of FIU, the NCAA gods decided to say FU to FIU and TheCrumb for the 392392rd time. The University of Louisville went on an rampage and started nailing long passes and big plays that resulted in a 52-28 victory for the Cardinals. Needless to say though, I'm happy with my freshman QB and happy with a lot of aspects of the team. Now we just need to find some AI help. ;)

18. nikpin

#9 Ohio State 27
    Akron Zips 17

I sadly do not posses the cheese at this point to beat a ranked team with a shitty team and fell for a second consecutive year to Ohio State. I lost 93-24 last year so I feel like there is a lot of positive things to take away from this game. Senior QB Patrick Nicely dropped back 58 times and completed 29 of them with only 1 interception but 7 sacks. Part of that is trying to look down the field late and the other part is a poor offensive line. First year starting RB (RS)FR Karrell Bostick ran 6 times for -7 yards which is beyond abysmal. I might give backup HB SR Broderick Alexander the start next week as he proved to be a reliable backup last year with 87 carries for 374 yards and 1 TD. . 5 players had 4 or more catches and only 1 of them had D1 football experience and the ability of my receivers to get separation was a huge improvement against a stout Ohio State secondary from last season. On the line (RS)FR Center John Clay gave up 5 sacks and will be replaced in the starting lineup.

The biggest improvement was obviously on the defensive side of the ball where the 3-4 scheme struggled a bit early but had a dominant second half. The Buckeyes scored on runs of 38 and 53 in the first quarter. After that they were held to a late 2nd quarter TD and a FG in the 4th quarter when they started with the ball in FG range. Newcomers at OLB JR Andy Hall and FR Zach Madison had 12 and 11 tackles respectively with Hall having an impressive 5 TFL. The only thing they didn't do was create a big play to swing the momentum but that's somewhat expected in the first game ever with the 3-4.

A few quick hits.
    EA Really fucked up with the no huddle thing. It derailed my comeback a few times in the 4th quarter when I tried to go no huddle and got throw into my worst formation. I seemed to either get sacked or had to burn a TO.
    Assuming EA didn't fuck up injuries again #2 WR JR Jimmie Wiley is out 4 weeks with a Bruised Shoulder. He had 3 receptions in an impressive debut before going down early.
    I've got Cincinnati at home which is a huge game as they aren't quite the insurmountable challenge that Ohio State.

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Frustrating 37-7 loss to Texas Tech. This was a great game played by TTU's offense. not a lot of BS plays, they earned this win. My defense was tough early forcing turnovers but we couldnt keep up. My offense was a different story. Bishop was inaccurate early and often and the blocking was pathetic and we couldnt get points. 3 missed FGs early and a few other drives turned over on the wrong half of the field to kill scoring possessions

Bishop threw for another 353 yards but was less then 40% completion rate and 6 interceptions! THe ground game was nonexistant with 46 yards on 20 carries. My impact WR Ty Kirk was knocked out for 3 weeks, leaving my offense stuggling to find a new playmaker. Jordan Taylor appears to be ready for a heavier game load after making some impressive catches.

Once we started missing FGs early, our momentum went down the drain on the road and Bishop was not ready to lead tis team to victory.

I'll continue to learn each week and get better. Next week we return home for a big matchup against DCD and Kent State in my CUSA debut

• Like Like x 1
  20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other than the 3rd quarter meltdown I had on D the Aggies controlled this game almost from the start. Turnovers were the key to this game as Arizona had 7 total and threw 5 interceptions. Two on their first two drives lead to early scores for the Aggies and they built of that momentum early. HB Sean Huggins shouldered the bulk of the Aggie Attack carrying the ball 20 times for 119 yds and 2TD. Pretty tired so I may spice this up a little more but NMSU moves to 2-0 on the year.​

21. nikpin

Wasn't your QB at KSU Bishop as well?

22. Steamer43

Says the only person yet to play their week 3 game...

23. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bitch I work late and live on PST.

USC - 71
    SJSU - 23

USC returned a fumble on my 2-PT try with :10 left to break the 70 mark. My offense fumbled 4 times in the 1st 6 plays, and finished with 7 total fumbles (8 if you count the 2-PT try). Fuck this game.

24. DirtycashDylan

Kent-41
    Bowling Green-19

They couldn't contain Dri Archer and crew. McKinney and Archer ran for a combined 155 on 24 attempts and 3 TDs. True freshman WR Kendrick snagged 3 for 84 yards and 2 TDs. Most importantly, we didn't turn the ball over once while forcing 2. Bring on the Lobos!