Week 3 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

#23 Florida Gators vs Tennessee Vols

Florida Beats Tennessee Thanks to the D!

This game was the worst played game that Florida has played on offense since I can remember. Florida was 2-12 on 3rd downs, with the only points coming from them was 2 field goals from C. Sturgis Right Foot. Thank God FU has one of the best defenses in the nation, because it was most definately needed today! In the first quarter there was no scoring at all. Both defenses were playing stoutly and were not giving up many yards. Tennessee did get into Florida territory, but got too anxious and threw a long pass into the end zone that was picked off. The second quarter was more of the same, only FU got there running game going a little bit and ended up stalling in the red zone and setting for a 32 yd field goal to take the lead. Starting the third quarter Tennessee got the ball, and Tennessee QB T. Bray threw his second interception of the day and this time it was returned for 6 points by CB L. Purifoy. Now the Gators are up 10-0.Tennessee then marched down the entire field after the kickoff punching it into the end zone on a 1 yd run by R. Neal. Florida then returned the kickoff to about the 35 yard line, and this got the offense fired up and ready to go. Unfortunately they were not fired up too much because the drive became stalled fairly quickly and Florida's Kicker had to come out and nails a 48 yard Field Goal. That ended the third quarter, and the fourth quarter is a quarter that Vols fans would like to forget. Tennessee could get nothing going the rest of the game, and then Florida could do nothing on the offensive side as well. When it hit the 2 minute mark Florida had the ball at midfield on 4th down, and was forced into there 6th punt of the game. Florida pinned Tennessee on there own 6 yard line with no timeouts left. On First down, throws an incomplete pass to there wr on a slant route. 2nd down the Vols went deep, but the Florida secondary was having none of it, batting the ball down. third down Florida played conservatively, and it payed off as the Vols went for a screen pass that was covered perfectly and was sacked for -12 yards. One final play the Vols went deep and FU Senior Safety dropped the easiest pick of his life, but forgot about it quickly when Gators QB went out to kneel the ball and finished this game off with an exclamation point kneel down! The Gators come out of 22nd toughest stadium to play in with a 13-7 victory! Now they begin to prepare for the Texas defense as we all know that FU's offense will have to put up much better numbers than that next week if they want to stand a chance against the Longhorns in Texas Memorial Stadium.

Final- Florida 13
    Tennessee 7

3. whales30

whales30 Walk On

If we wait until advance I can play. I can probably play later in the day on Sunday too but if everybody else is ready than we can move on, I will probably lose anyways.

4. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

GEORGIA TECH @ 24 UTAH
    let's just say this game was poorly performed on my part. Utes could not do smack on offense during the first half, which lead to being down 0-10. Utah's D could not stop Tevin Washington's option plays. He ran for 91 yards. Tech had 6 different rushers, rushing for 249 yards all together.
    Coming into the second half, I figured a way to stop Tevin Washington and held the Yellow Jackets to 0 points in the 3rd. Utah's offense took advantage of their defense's success and junior halfback, Kelvin York scored on a 4 yard rush play. Back up QB, Synjyn Davis, for the Yellow Jackets, scored on a 37 yard qb run to make the game 17-7. We get the ball back and kick a field goal to put it within 7. Utah's D pulled through and forced Georgia Tech to 3 and out. To be honest, I don't remember what happened next, but Georgia Tech somehow got the ball back with 2 minutes left. Utah, trying to hold on, forces Georgia Tech to punt the ball with 50 seconds remaining. Utes have no timeouts and are on their own 40. With just 2 quick pass plays, Utah is on the Yellow Jacket's 20 yard line with close to 30 seconds remaining. Wynn, the redshirted junior, throws an interception on a corner route to seal the game for Georgia Tech. When asked about the horrendous throw, Wynn replied, "As soon as I let that ball go, I knew I made a mistake. I was hoping I was wrong."
    Player of the game; Tevin Washington #13 of Georgia Tech.
    Utah, coming off the loss to Georgia Tech will be home against the 6th ranked Georgia Bulldogs. Utah hopes to make an upset next week.

5. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Upset? Naw man it aint going down like that,u lost to the CPU?!!?! LOOOL!

• Like Like x 1
  6. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

#6 Georgia Vs #12 Arkansas

Arkansas came into the game hoping to regain their spot in the top 10 in the bcs rankings. Arkansas's offense could not be stopped the whole day and quarterback Tyler Wilson lit it up. The game starts off with a nice long drive executed by arkansas and running back Dennis Johnson takes it into the endzone on 4th down at the goal line for a 1 yd touchdown. Junior Quarterback Aaron Murray did not fail to impress, he comes right back and launches a bomb to wideout Michael Bennett for a 54 yard touchdown. Wide Reciever Cobi Hamilton killed Georgia with 5 receptions for 178 yards and Tyler Wilson did whatever he wanted. Georgia had many blown coverages and Tyler Wilson was able to throw for 414 yards. Aaron Murray knew if he wanted to be known as a top quarterback he had to go toe to toe with Tyler Wilson. He threw a 73 yard bomb to malcolm mitchell and a 50 yard strike to Tavarres King. Georgia took the lead with a 67 yard touchdown pass from Murray to Michael Bennett and forced arkansas to go 3 and out and ran out the clock to secure the victory.

Georgia faces off against Utah who lost to Georgia tech in a upset and hopes to bounce back against #6 Georgia. The Georgia defense promises not to let another quarterback to throw for 400 yards against them again.

#Note: Georgia's Strong Safety Sanders Commings has been the surprise of the defense so far, he had 2 picks week 1 vs Virginia and and one vs Arkansas. He hopes to continue his dominance in the secondary and shutdown any receiver in his zone.

7. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

If i lose an upset to theezy all hell will break loose , im 9-2 online and my 2 losses came against some damn nano shake blitzers :mad:

8. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Louisville pulls off upset in double overtime-

The Louisville offense was anemic all game to say the least only being able to muster 1 touchdown and struggled to gain traction with its running game against a staunch Virginia tech front. Teddy Bridgewater was 11 for 11 with 95 yards passing. The game was in doubt throughout as the cards could never seem to get over the hump. The standout of this game was definitely the defense because as bad as the offense was that's how good the defense was only allowing 118 yards of offense. The only td allowed was on a reception that was then fumbled and taken to the house for 6. The defense was able to make up for that offensive mistake by capitalizing on their own pick 6 as Mike Privott was able to jump in front and take it to the house.

Player off the game-
    This would have to go to the defensive unit as a whole as they held VT to 118 yards and only 5 first downs

• Like Like x 1
  9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Pride comes before the fall.

What is considered a nano blitz by the way? Heard about them for a few years but don't know exactly what they look like. I know it's been done to ne, but not how they do it or how to tell they are doing it.

10. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Nano usually refers to manipulating the CPU offensive line with a blitz that gets your linebacker into the backfield almost instantly

11. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Usually involves reassigning and moving a bunch of guys around so that people get through untouched. The "shake" is when people shift their guys back in the 1-5-5 defense to give them some momentum before the ball is snapped. It's not a nano, but it's stupid.

[Deleted] I'm not going to have that in here, lol. If you want examples, they're easy to find on youtube.
    ^is a nano.
    -
    If anyone does this or the shake, you're gone, FYI.

12. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Well, I just experienced both of the things you explained wick, what a freaking d-bag. My QB got hit almost as soon as the snap went off, man I wanted to kill that guy. Won like 4 straight ranked games, admittedly against noobs, but at least they played straight up. Then get a guy that was 21-5, should known what was coming. Hung with him for the first half thanks to breaking through with a run and spying his running QB out of 5 wide sets, but it all blew up and lost 32-14 or something. Exactly why I'm here, can't believe guys like that think it is fun to play that way. So frustrating.

13. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Yeah the 155 shake killed me in this game, im 10-2 and i should be 12-0. That 155 Shake takes the fun out of the game for me

14. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Yeah, I have ran into a few 1-5-5 shakers. That's when you know your really good at the game(sarcasm)

15. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Can't Pull Off Late Miracle in New Head Coach's Debut

This one had everything, and in the end it was Western Kentucky who made the final big play to take the win in a back and forth affair. WKU started the game with a 10-0 lead thanks to short fields after a couple of INTs, but Wake would take the lead on consecutive plays in the 2nd. First a 58 yard TD pass on a simple slant, and Sherman Ragland did the rest. Then the Hilltoppers next play turned into 6 points for the Deacons as Haynes returned an INT. WKU would retake the lead 3 minutes later, and Wake Forest would tie the game at 17 with a FG as the first half ended.

WKU opened the 2nd half with a demoralizing 14 play, 4 and a half minute TD drive. It was the only score of the 3rd, so heading to the 4th WKU held a 24-17 lead. Then all hell broke loose. WKU would open up a 14 point lead early in the 4th, but the Deacons would cut it to 7 just 20 seconds later, as Mike Campanaro broke free for a 48 yard TD. The Wake Forest defense finally held, and what seemed like a miracle TD with just 35 seconds left in the game for the Deacons would send this one to OT. Except Western Kentucky would run your simple, basic little screen pass… and it went 75 yards to the house for the winning score. Heartbreak for Wake Forest. In the end, it was too many turnovers, including a fumble on the WKU 2 yard line, and too many short fields for the Hilltoppers thanks to those turnovers for the Demon Deacons to overcome.

Wake Forest - 31
    Western Kentucky - 38

Tanner Price; 17 of 35, 354 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs
    Orville Reynolds; 15 carries, 40 yards
    Mike Campanaro; 5 catches, 152 yards, 2 TDs
    Sherman Ragland; 3 catches, 113 yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan bounces back from tough last last week with a win vs Stanford

With many recruits watching their first game at the Big House, Michigan knew this was a must-win game vs the Stanford Cardinals. After last week's blowout loss to Auburn many critics have been questioning new Michigan Coach, Josh B, but he vowed to make up for last week's loss by defeating Stanford.

Michigan's defense came out strong, having their only sack on the Stanford QB during their first drive and forcing a 3 and out. Michigan, led by QB Denard Robinson, marched down the field but stalled and had to settle for a field goal. But then Stanford scored touchdowns on two consecutive possessions, including a 70-yard run by Martinez. After Stanford went up 14-6 it was Michigan's turn to dominate, scoring 22 straight points and taking over the game.

Robinson had a brilliant game, throwing for 175 yards on 13 for 21 passing and one touchdown. He also ran the ball for 100 yards, including 3 consecutive rushing touchdowns inside the red zone. HB Fitzgerald Toussaint carried the ball 20 times for 136 yards, helping to keep the defense honest all game with his powerful inside running. Roy Roundtree also had another great game, catching 6 passes for 95 yards.

After giving up a quick 14 points Michigan's defense clamped down, only allowing 3 points over the next 3 quarters. If not for a couple scores by Stanford in garbage time Michigan would have held Stanford scoreless for the last 20 minutes of the game. MLB Kenny Demens led the Michigan defense with 10 tackles. JT Floyd pitched in with 4 tackles and an interception. Once again Michigan's defense dropped many, many easy interceptions, totaling 8 for the game.

Michigan faces a tough challenge heading into next week, 2-0 Louisville. Despite not being a normal powerhouse, the new Louisville head coach is quickly changing the culture so Michigan coach Josh B should be expecting a hard-fought game.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  17. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Notre Dame Tames Wildcats

The Irish came out very flat in this game and may have been looking past Northwestern early. QB Everett Golson was the most guilty of this, as he threw interceptions on back to back throws on his first 2 drives, and NU capitalized with a TD and FG to go up 10-0 in the first 3 minutes. The team answered the wake up call on the next drive though, as Cierre Wood broke another big run for 62 yard TD to get ND on the board. That really settled the team down and the D locked in and shut NU down from there. The next offensive drive ND went right down the field, scoring on arguably the most amazing pass you will ever see as Golson threw a while falling down, over his back and 30 yards in the air to Eifert.

Eifert also had a nice 43 yard TD catch on an out route that he turned into a big gainer:

Manti Teo continued to destroy opposing offenses, here he blew through the line, threw the QB to the ground like a rag doll jarring the ball loose, then jumped on it to give us a short field.

Player of the game
    Tyler Eifert - 5 catches, 135 yards 3 TD's
    Everett Golson - 12-20, 265 yards 5 TD's

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012