Week 3, 2013 -- Restatement Saturday

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

The week so nice we played it twice. ssuwr86 and CJTHA1 please do your best to have this game scheduled with a definitive play time ASAP. Good luck!

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 14-10 against San Diego State (0-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Berkeley to face the California Golden Bears (1-1).

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 51-14 against Virginia (0-2).
    This week, the Ducks will host Tennessee (2-0).

=============== #7 LSU Tigers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 41-9 against UAB (1-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Kent State (1-1).

=============== #4 Texas A&M Aggies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 42-17 against Texas Tech (1-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host #1 Alabama (1-0).

=============== #18 Florida Gators (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida lost 28-21 against Miami (2-0).
    This week, the Gators are idle.

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 34-16 against Georgia State (0-2).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host Southern Miss (2-0).

=============== #19 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 45-17 against SMU (0-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host UCLA (0-1).

=============== UCLA Bruins (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Lincoln to face the #19 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0).

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 48-7 against San Jose State (1-1).
    This week, the Cardinal travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (0-1).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 38-13 against Eastern Michigan (1-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host UCF (2-0).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 29-20 against Miami University (1-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Tempe to face the #25 Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0).

=============== USC Trojans (2-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 42-31 against Washington State (0-2).
    This week, the Trojans will host Boston College (1-1).

• Like Like x 2
  2. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

ssuwr86 its version 2.1 of our match-up. I wont be able to play tomorrow because its my girlfriends birthday, but I'm available Wednesday until 4pm. What time is good for you?

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

What time zone are you in, CJ?

4. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

I can go anytime after 9 pm tonight. And on Wednesday I don't get home from work until 6. I can go anytime after 9 pm today ET. Or anytime tomorrow after 6 pm ET.

5. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

[​IMG]
    TROJANS LEAVE EAGLES SEEING REDD
    USC 48 BC 17
    The Trojans of USC have improved to 3-0 with a dominating performance in Week 3 against the Boston College Eagles as the Trojans handed the Eagles a humiliating 31 point loss. This year's USC team is proving that it doesn't matter how you start but rather how you finish! In the second straight week we have witnessed a team that appears to struggle in the first half only to turn around and dominate in the second half. USC was able to take a 17-10 lead into the locker room at halftime on a final minute TD drive, a drive that opened the flood gates for the Trojans as they put up 28 pts in the 3rd quarter. HB Silas Redd would find pay dirt on two separate 80+ yard TD runs, CB Torin Harris was able to capitalize on a missed option pitch scoring on a 78 yard fumble recovery, and not to be outdone the Special Teams unit capped off the quarter when WR Marqise Lee set a new NCAA record with his 105 yard TD return. The Trojans will have a BYE next week before heading to Arizona State to take on the Sun Devils in week 5.​

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Great stuff KNICKSFAN_84 your making your presence felt in this league already

7. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Thanks man, I really enjoy being in these leagues my next step is gonna be to become a Premier member of TSO as soon as I get some bills paid up!

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

We've got a good amount of premier members in this league. Don't forget us once you enter the "big leagues" haha

9. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Not forgetting anyone, I just wanna do it to show support for this site, I've had a much better experience here than I have when I joined OS

• Like Like x 2
  10. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Eastern time zone

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Bama gets revenge. For the real life loss to A&M last year and for the original dynasty loss to me this year. As bad as McCarron was when I played them last week, he was fucking unstoppable this time around. He started of 10 for 10 and ended up 21/28 for 289 yards and 5 TDs. Yeldon shucked linebackers left and right for 124 yards and a TD of his own. I think I stopped them from scoring on maybe 2 posessions total.

The Bama D did their job too. I had some success running early but once I got down by 2 TDs I tried to pass. Even my best receivers couldn't get separation against their corners and I'm really lucky I didn't end up with a lot more picks.

Unfortunately that means ATM will need a lot of help to have a chance at the SEC title game. Any help from Arkansas and LSU would be nice.

The first time I played this it ended up way too easy. I had a feeling karma would get to me and she is A number 1 bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

BUCKS ROLL THROUGH CALIFORNIA, HYDE EXONERATED​
    [​IMG]
    42 - 14
    In their first road contest of the season, the No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes dismantled the California Golden Bears, 42-14. The Buckeye offense put together their most complete performance of the season as they sliced through Cal's defense for 431 yards of total offense and never punted, though they did turn the ball over twice.​
    Perhaps the biggest story of day, however, centers around an offensive weapon who didn't see a snap, running back Carlos Hyde. Hyde had been suspended indefinitely from the football program prior to the trip out west after he allegedly punched a woman at a night club in Columbus. As it turns out, video surveillance proved that Hyde never touched the girl in an aggressive fashion and the senior has been exonerated of all charges. He is expected to rejoin the team for next week's game against Bowling Green, though coach Speyer has told him that he must earn back his starting spot.​
    Without Hyde, the Buckeyes were still able to move the ball on the ground against an outmanned Golden Bear front seven. Braxton Miller led the way with 110 yards on 16 carries, and five other players toted the rock for OSU. Bri'onte Dunn was the most successful OSU running back, rushing for 83 yards on 11 carries. Rod Smith was pencilled in as Hyde's replacement, but the junior struggling for a mere 29 yards on 7 carries.​
    Aside from Miller, the biggest offensive standout was Dontre Wilson. The 5-foot-11 freshman from DeSoto, Texas showed flashes of brilliance out of the pivot position, scoring two touchdowns in what could be a breakout performance from the young star. In the first half the speedster caught a swing pass from Braxton Miller and walked into the endzone untouched for his first career touchdown. Later in the game, lightning struck again when Wilson raced around the defense on a Jet Sweep for his first career rushing score.​
    Ohio State faces Bowling Green next week in the team's final tuneup before B1G play.​
    Game Notes
    = Braxton Miller threw for 180 yards, a season high​
    = Dontre Wilson scored his first career rushing and receiving touchdowns​
    = Bradley Roby recorded his first interception of the season​
    = Noah Spence recorded three sacks, a season-high​
    [​IMG]
    Dontre Wilson scores his first career touchdown off a swing pass from Braxton Miller

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Boraby Jbek Glen Cieske

We're past the 24-hour mark. Please get your games in at some point today

ssuwr86 CJTHA1

No word yet on when you're scheduled to play.

The Advance and Communication Policies state that you should post when the user game will be played within 24 hours. I would also appreciate it if users would post when they plan on playing if they can't get their CPU games in within the 24 hours. Let's all try to get a little better at communicating as we move further into the season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Hogs Start Quick, Cruise to 35-10 Win Over Southern Miss
    It didn't take long for Arkansas to get on the board this week, as Alex Collins broke free for a 76-yard TD run on the second offensive play of the game. Collins continued to impress in his freshman season by winning player of the game honors again, rushing for 185 yards and 2 touchdowns on 23 carries. He also added 47 receiving yards and 137 return yards. QB Brandon Allen finally had a big game as well, throwing for 218 yards and 3 touchdowns on 16 of 23 attempts. Allen did have two interceptions, but one of those came on the final Hail Mary play of the first half. The Arkansas defense upped their game this week by holding the up-tempo Southern Miss offensive attack to just 236 total yards. The front 4 was able to rattle USM QB Cole Weeks all game with consistent pressure, and safety Rohan Gaines got his first pick of the season. It was a solid performance in all three phases of the game and one that the Arkansas coaches hope to build off of as the team prepares for their first road trip next week against Rutgers. Next week's game provides these Hogs a chance at a little revenge as Rutgers came into Fayetteville last year and won in a wild shootout. ​
    -[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Woooo Pig Soooie!

• Like Like x 1
  15. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

ssuwr86 does 11pm est tonight sound good

16. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

[​IMG]

Red hot tigers and Mattenberger runs over Kent at 38-24 this past Saturday. Offense tallied up 507 total yards with 353 of that coming in the air behind the strong arm senior quarterback. Attacking kent st defense achieving 26 first downs. The down side is once again three turnovers which seems to be the problem. When coach Witness was asked about the problem he comments " it's something we need to work on and guys its still early in the season" with a smile on his face. Defense came out taken care of business also causing one turnover interception off the 2nd string quarterback. Leading the way Senior Lb Barrows with 7 tackles and 1 forced fumble that the offense recovered. Only given up 11 first downs not bad I can settle for that. Halftime kent st was up 17-14 which looks like a shaky start turned out to be a good halftime talk. Second half LSU scored 24 unanswered points pretty wrapped the game up but kent st did manage to score a touchdown towards the end but it was too late.

Stats

Z. Mattenberger 19/36 334 yards 2 tds 2 int

9 att 51 yards 1 rushing td

K. Boone 4 rec 116 1td

L.Barrows 7 tack 1 ff

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  17. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

11 pm tonight sucks as I've got work in the am. Is there no way we can play any earlier?

18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

CJTHA1

19. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

I'll play because its in the best interest of the league, but I've been trying to get this game in since the beginning. I think it's unreasonable to ask any normal working person to play at 11 pm on a week night.

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Can you please try to text CJ and work something out

21. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Yea I've done so.. But he's not responding to me.

22. jandy

jandy Walk On

[​IMG]
    DUCKS RUN WILD, BEAT VOLUNTEERS 44-10​
    The three-headed monster Oregon rushing attack was the story of this game, as they spearheaded a victory for the #5 ranked Ducks. As a whole, the team amassed 281 yards and 6 touchdowns on the ground. After a bye week, Oregon will FINALLY begin conference play, as they host the Cal Bears.​
    Notable Oregon Stats:​
    • Marcus Mariota: 15/22, 252 yards, INT; 16 carries, 66 yards, 2 TD
    • De'Anthony Thomas: 17 carries, 123 yards, 3 TD; 3 catches, 65 yards
    • Brandon Marshall: 12 carries, 92 yards, TD