Week 3, 2013 -- Statement Saturday

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

It's Statement Saturday in Chompions League, and everyone has something to prove. USC is out to prove that its still a force to be reckoned with after a week 2 disappointment. Ohio State is hoping to prove that last week's hiccups were not signs up major flaws. Oregon is out to show the world that the Ducks can fly against an SEC opponent, while Johnny Football and Texas A&M are out to prove that they are the class of the south, not Alabama. Meanwhile, nearly everyone else is keeping cautious, hoping not to be the next user to fall victim to the CPU.

Most importantly, UCLA and Nebraska will square off in the first user game of CL '14. In the only non-conference user matchup of Season 1, CJTHA1 and ssuwr86 are out to make a statement for their programs, and for their conferences.

Good luck.

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 45-27 against San Diego State (1-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Berkeley to face the California Golden Bears (1-1).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 31-9 against UTEP (0-1).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host Southern Miss (1-1).

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Cardinal were idle.
    This week, the Cardinal travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (1-0).

=============== USC Trojans (1-1) ===============
    Last week, USC lost 37-31 against Washington State (1-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host Boston College (2-0).

=============== #4 Texas A&M Aggies (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 56-20 against UNLV (0-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host #1 Alabama (1-0).

=============== #17 LSU Tigers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 45-17 against UAB (1-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Kent State (2-0).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 31-10 against Miami University (1-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Tempe to face the #25 Arizona State Sun Devils (1-0).

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 31-6 against Virginia (0-2).
    This week, the Ducks will host Tennessee (2-0).

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 34-17 against Eastern Michigan (1-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host UCF (2-0).

=============== #20 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 34-31 against Southern Miss (1-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #18 UCLA (1-0).

=============== #18 UCLA Bruins (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Lincoln to face the #20 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-0).

2. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

ssuwr86 1st user v. user game of the season. I know you are excited like me to get this game going. I wont be available to late Thursday night around 10:30-11pm est so what time and day is good for you?

3. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Penn State routes Central Florida, Hackenberg dazzles

UCF 3 0 10 0 13
    PSU 7 21 3 7 38

It was not a very fun day for the Golden Knight Defense. Nittany Lion Quarterback Christian Hackenberg tied a school record for passing touchdowns in a half with four, and it was all smiles as the Penn State squad jogged off the field and into the locker room with a 28-3 lead at halftime. In what was considered their toughest non-conference matchup, Penn State truly brought it. UCF was unable to figure out the defensive scheming of the Nittany Lion defense, and limped to the finish line with just one touchdown and a pair of field goals.

With the scent of victory filling the air, Penn State played fundamentally sound the second half, using the human battering ram Zach Zwinak to pound the Golden Knights into submission. Thanks to two four minute drives, one in each the 3rd and 4th quarters, Penn State was successful in keeping UCF off the field, and nearly doubled their time of possession.

The win gives Penn State a 3-0 record heading into their last non-conference game.

Game notes:

=Freshman Quarterback Christian Hackenberg completed 16 of 23 passes for 326 yards. He threw four touchdowns and one interception.

=Junior Tailback Zach Zwinak rushed the ball for 125 yards on 24 carriers. He scored his fourth rushing touchdown of the 2014 campaign.

=Sophomore Tightend Kyle Carter hauled in four passes for 93 yards and one touchdown.

=Junior Wideout Alex Kenney caught three passes for 131 yards and two scores.

=The Nittany Lion Defense was on the field for just under ten minutes, making for very little statistical impact.

=Defensive Ends Deion Barnes and CJ Olaniyan each recorded one sack.

• Like Like x 3
  4. jandy

jandy Walk On

I want to wish everyone good luck this week against their CPU opponents. Multiple users have shown that the CPU is not to be taken lightly, and I know the Ducks will be going into every contest with that in mind.

I also want to give a shoutout and a special good luck to the new deputy commissioner, cyhiphopp. No one envies the situation you're in this week with Bama lol. Johnny Heisman might have to get out his big bag of tricks in this one to knock off the #1 squad in the nation.

Finally, a BIG good luck wish to my PAC 12mate, CJTHA1. Show CL what the PAC 12 is made of man!

(lots of luck being thrown around, I know)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Well, I can do 10:30 to 11 pm tonight if possible. I have to put me and my wife's new grill together tomorrow so that won't be a good day. Saturday I can play but it needs to be early in the AM. I have team pictures at 11 am.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Sounds like 10:30 est works best for both of you so hopefully we can get this in tonight!

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks for the well wishes. I am going to need them. Bama is a beast. If I win this one it will most likely be an ESPN Instant Classic!

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Let's get some good recaps of the great action for this week guys!

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin 24 Arizona State 21

Joel Stave, again, almost cost the Badgers the game. Mid way through the fourth Stave miss reads the CB and ends up throwing an INT that is return to the house for six. The running game was dominate for the second straight week as Gordon and White combined for 197 Yds.

Stave 12/22 226 1 TD 2 INT

White 24-113-1
    Gordon 9-84

Abbrederis 7-117

** I really need to tone down the number of times I force balls into coverage, I'm really being dominated by the CPU Pass DEF this year.

10. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Good luck CJTHA1 show them how the PAC 12 handles their business

• Like Like x 2
  11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It's debated as to who said it first, but Darrell Royal and Woody Hayes both said something to the effect of:

“When you put the ball in the air, three things can happen to you and two of them are bad.’

• Like Like x 1
  12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

And on the subject of Woody Hayes, there is only one thing that can happen when you punch an opposing player in the face, and it's very bad.

Right Spayer?

• Like Like x 1
  13. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

If I get home early I let you know, otherwise lets shoot for Saturday morning. How does 8am est sound?

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

If you guys could in anyway play it tonight, that would be preferable. If not, Saturday morning is OK. Don't want to carry this week any further tho

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

FYI, I have my kids tonight. If I can get them to go to sleep in their bedroom, I will play tonight. However, they have been partial to camping out on the couch for some reason lately. I may have to play right after work on Friday. Sorry for the delay.

My plan is to run them around playing catch tonight so that they are so tired that they fall asleep wherever I want them to.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

If you guys could in anyway play it tonight, that would be preferable. If not, Saturday morning is OK. Don't want to carry this week any further tho

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Is there an echo?

Did they just change something in the Matrix?

18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Stupid iPhone

19. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Stupid iPhone

• Like Like x 2
  20. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

I'll be on tonight at 10:30 pm looking for UCLA. if we don't get it in tonight I'm game for Saturday at 8 am but not later than 9 am. I can't be late for pictures.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Make the B1G proud, SSU

22. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Either way UCLA will be ready to rock and roll lol

23. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Trojans hang on for win in 27-24 victory over Boston College!

BC 7 3 0 14 24
    USC 7 7 0 13 27

Player of the Game: RB Ty Isaac - 15 carries, 145 yards, 2 TD, 88 kick return yards

Another Saturday and another struggle for the USC Trojans in a 27-24 narrow defeat of Boston College. QB Max Browne improved tremendously in Week 3, completing 86% of his passes for 222 yards and a score. He also threw one interception compared to throwing 2 and 3 in his two starts prior.

But despite the improvements under center, the USC defense had another poor performance, allowing 394 yards of total offense, including 328 yards and 3 TDs through the air to an average Eagles' passing game. The Trojan secondary was susceptible to the big play all afternoon, and if it wasn't for a clutch last second drive and a time-expiring field goal for USC, this game may have had another outcome.

A bright spot for USC was the emergence of RB Ty Isaac who had a career-day on the ground in relief of a struggling RB Silas Redd. After Redd managed just 17 yards on six carries in the first quarter, coach Douglas opted for his freshman speedster who cut up the BC defense for 145 yards and two scores on 15 carries. The highlight of the game for Isaac was a 64 yard TD run up the sideline for the Trojans' biggest play of the season.

The Trojans are idle next week before traveling to Arizona State in Week 5 for their first match-up against a ranked opponent.

SHOT OF THE GAME:
    [​IMG]
    WR Nelson Agoholor delivered this Willie Mays-style catch to set up a score for USC just before halftime.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

That catch!

25. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Log-in to the EA site and check my highlights of the game for a video replay of it. Full extension. Definitely one of the sickest catch animations I've seen in this game, and it came at a clutch time.