Week 3 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 31, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

2 user games this week so back on a normal adv schedule but let's try to get them in today if possible.

Kent vs Army
    WMU vs EMU

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan won 45-14 against New Mexico State (0-2).
    This week, the Eagles will host #21 Western Michigan (2-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 31-20 against Colorado (1-1).
    This week, the Vandals will host #12 Texas A&M (0-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 74-22 against Akron (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Army (0-1).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 61-7 against Louisville (1-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Philadelphia to face the Temple Owls (0-1).

=============== UAB Blazers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 31-30 against UCF (0-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Manhattan to face the Kansas State Wildcats (1-0).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 17-3 against Boston College (1-0).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0).

=============== #21 Western Michigan Broncos (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 33-7 against USF (0-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 34-31 against Arkansas (1-0).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Piscataway to face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-1).

=============== Utah State Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 45-6 against Louisiana Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Kevin Cunningham has committed to UL Monroe
    - (**) RG Peter Gilmore has committed to Baylor

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 13-10 against Southern Miss (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Memphis (1-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 31-24 against Houston (0-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host New Mexico (0-1).

2. DirtycashDylan

From week 2:

[​IMG]

WKU-61
    Louisville-7

The Hilltoppers earned payback as they usher in a new era.

James Franklin didn't disappoint in his first game as a Hilltopper, completing 26 of 39 for a WKU record 558 yards and 7 TDs in the first 3 quarters. What's even better, he made smart decisions, threw several passes away and didn't turn the ball over once. Franklin hit 7 different WRs but he mostly focused on Shaun Griffin. The 6'6 freshman caught 11 balls for 248 yards and 2 scores. Sophomore RB turned WR Josh Johnson added 6 catches for 163 yards and 3 TD catches. WKU called 40 pass plays vs 24 rushing plays (most of which came in the 4th quarter while running out the clock), a stark contrast from last year's regime.

The new-look WKU defense made a big splash today as well as they held the Cardinals to only 7 points and -8 yards rushing while forcing 4 fumbles. DE turned MLB and new team leader Jalen Fields led with 9 tackles, 4 for loss and a FF. Surprisingly, juco MLB turned DE Eddie Bernard got the start at LE and, surprisingly, had a terrific day with 2 sacks, a FF and a FR. We caught up with Eddie after the game for some interesting quotes...

"Yeah I just want to give a shout out to my boy Tyrece. We made it boy! and I wanna give a shot out to all those stuck up coaches who wouldn't look at me in recruiting, Rivals and Scout for not showing me any love, and to all the haters out there. I'm bout to be Oprah rich. Oh yeah, and to that Kent State coach, I heard what you said bitch...Coach Dirtycash fucked up by signing me? What the fuck did you say? Coach shouldn't have signed me? a 1* juco MLB? I'mma see you real soon. I got you circled motha fucka. When you fools visit BG, I'MMA BE PICKIN PEANUTS OUTTA YO ASS!"

First Quarter
    05:47TDWestern KentuckyJerome Richards WR #10 26 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1

03:28TDWestern KentuckyJosh Johnson WR #87 5 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1

00:46FGWestern KentuckyMonte Merrick K #11 40 yard field goal

Second Quarter
    07:49TDLouisvilleMarcus Smith WR #10 58 yard pass from Courtney Irons QB #15

06:31TDWestern KentuckyShaun Griffin WR #82 25 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1

04:45FGWestern KentuckyMonte Merrick K #11 22 yard field goal

01:21FGWestern KentuckyMonte Merrick K #11 28 yard field goal

Third Quarter
    07:34TDWestern KentuckyJosh Johnson WR #87 40 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1

06:27TDWestern KentuckyGreg Rawls WR #83 18 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1

04:54TDWestern KentuckyJosh Johnson WR #87 80 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1

02:54TDWestern KentuckyShaun Griffin WR #82 5 yard pass from James Franklin QB #1

Forth Quarter
    01:46FGWestern KentuckyMonte Merrick K #11 23 yard field goal

3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

U kiddin me? Why couldn't I get my wk 2 game in?

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

[​IMG]
    Western Michigan 33
    #19 USF 7

After being snubbed from the 2012 BCS National Championship game where USF knocked off Pittsburgh Coach Nikpin knew he had to go and claim his rightful title. Though a year too late Western Michigan easily dispatched the Bulls in Kalamazoo. The Bulls only points came on their 2nd possession of the game when their QB Jaminus Gunsby found Josh Moore from 4 yards out. USF played the run all game with 7-8 guys in the box despite WMU in 3-4 WR sets. They paid for this to the tune of Robert Bolden going 16/22 for 260 yards and 2 TD. He tacked on 14 carries for 73 yards and 2 TD's on the ground. Silas Redd added 19 carries for 79 yards and a score while Tevin Drake ran 8 times for 35 yards.​
    Corey May was the real standout for the Broncos with 11 catches for 187 yards and 2 TD's as USF constantly left the slot uncovered to stop the run. May is coming off a suspension as a Sophomore after an off campus altercation. Look for the 6'6 (RS)Sophomore receiver to have a huge impact on the Bronco passing game this seasons as he should give them a element they lacked last season. On defense Sophomore FS Walter Battle and Freshman SS Joe Harrell each contributed an interception. Kyle Lark who was recently converted from OLB to DE contributed 2 sacks while :4stars: DT Garret Larkin chipped in 1 as Jaminus Gunsby seemed to be under pressure all game from the constant blitzing by the WMU defense.​
    This week the Broncos travel to hated rival Eastern Michigan to play in the dump that is Rynearson Stadium.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

What a freaking game!!!

Vandals knock off #12 Texas A&M 37-36. Scored the go-ahead TD with about 5 minutes left and held on dearly. Thought I had it iced when I held and got the ball back with 2 minutes left, but I threw a pick on the edge of field goal range and they got it back. On 4th and 10 that if they converted would've been inch range to win it, my freshman stud LB made the tackle for a gain of 9 and I kneeled it out.

Jim Rice threw for 597 yards on 57 attempts. Running game was severely disappointing again. 25 carries for about 50 yards.

6. nikpin

[​IMG]
    Western Michigan Notches First Conference Win of 2013
    #21 Western Michigan 27
    Eastern Michigan 7
    Western Michigan continued the tradition of an early season win against somewhat hated rival Eastern Michigan. Eastern Michigan was able to move the ball through the air consistently but 2 interception and errant passes by Devontae Payne led to them finding the end zone only once. Former Western Michigan RB Dareyon Chance who decided he didn't want to win conference championships and transferred to Eastern Michigan ran 15 times for 58 yards but his long was 33. This led to him running for less than 2 YPC the rest of the time which made Crumbs inconsistent offense even more inconsistent. WR James Jackson was double teamed all game and limited to 3 catches for 61 yards.​
    On the Western Michigan side Robert Bolden was held largely in check with 9 carries for 8 yards but did complete 8/10 passes for 133 yards and a TD pass. Silas Redd and Tevin Drake were both knocked out for a lot of the game as Redd went down in the first quarter after running 6 times for 35 yards. Drake was knocked out in the 2nd quarter for 2 quarters and returned in the 4th quarter. He was the main contributor on offense with 13 carries for 68 yards and 1 TD and a 73 yard TD reception late in the 4th quarter. JUCO RB Zach Dennis stepped up to play a huge role with 8 carries for 116 yards 1 TD including a 67 yard scamper up the middle in the third quarter. For the second game in a row both safeties contributed interceptions and CB Lewis Toler added one as well.​
    Next week Western Michigan heads to the Big House to take on #1 Michigan in a battle for instate supremacy.​

7. Full Moon Fever

Damn. Kent state and WKU are wrecking shop. 74 points? Holy crap.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

To be fair, Akron gave me quite a few... I had 6 ints against them...

9. DirtycashDylan

Congrats on the moral victory.

10. Full Moon Fever

Man I don't know what the hell is up. I haven't gotten a turnover yet in two games. I've been able to move the ball but I've had a lot of trouble getting stops and putting it in the end zone.

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kent St vs Army

Both teams would open their CUSA schedule in a tough battle much like their meeting last year. Despite Army knocking Kent St's starting running back, Howard Brown, out of the game, the Golden Flashes stayed committed to the run as four different backs carried the ball. However, it was second string Rob Holloman's 14 carries for 134 yards and two touchdowns that carried his team. Early on the new 4-2-5 Kent St defense held strong as they held a 17-0 halftime lead.

In the second half, the Black Knights would make it a close game, but Holloman would finish them off with a 54 yard TD run.

Cedric McCloud would finish the game 18 for 30 for 216 yards and one TD for the Golden Flashes.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Dude, I forced hardly any turnovers last season. I'm actually pretty sure the 6 ints I had agaisnt Akron are more than I had all of last season.

13. nikpin

We are all about moral victries with our meager back to back Conference championship run and 17 straight wins. Moral victories are really all I can hang my hat on.

14. DirtycashDylan

Calling a back to back conference champ run in this conference meager isn't ironic.

It ends this year.

15. nikpin

The only reason it has a .05% chance of ending is because I decided to take pity on you bitches and ditched the Syracuse playbook.

16. Full Moon Fever

And then there's Idaho...batting 1.000 against Vaunted WMU and their Syracuse offense.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I wont be able to get my CPU game in until tomorrow night...maybe tomorrow morning before work but thats not guarnteed. So if all the user games are played and you can find it in your heart, please wait until tomorrow night to advance :thumbsup:

18. DirtycashDylan

Oh snap, I just landed a :4stars: RB!

he's got great attributes except for D- CAR. I can see that effecting his career.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Boys gonna be coughing it up more than pneumonia...

20. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Big hit heaven

21. nikpin

Yea if nothing else it will be entertaining trying to hit stick him all game. Strip Ball: Aggressive, CHECK! Big Hits: Aggressive, CHECK!

22. xtreme snoopy

by the way thank you for not starting Sims-Walker yesterday in The Pros... really 'preciate it!

23. nikpin

You should be thanking me for somehow figuring out a way to put together 8 guys that put up 20 points and cutting Blount so you could start him against me and him nearly matching that point total.

24. xtreme snoopy

Thank you

25. xtreme snoopy

blount especially cause ive been in sore need of a number 3 and he looks to fill that role nicely