Week 3 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 30, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (0-1) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 42-17 against Stanford (1-0).
    This week, the Spartans will host San Diego State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following San Jose State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Cameron Bradford has committed to Utah

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 37-7 against Ohio State (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Indiana (1-0).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 38-7 against UTEP (0-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host Fresno State (1-1).

=============== Akron Zips (0-1) ===============
    Last week the Zips were idle.
    This week, the Zips will host Cincinnati (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Brian McDaniel has committed to Akron

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic lost 42-23 against USF (1-0).
    This week, the Owls travel to Albuquerque to face the New Mexico Lobos (0-1).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 34-7 against UCF (1-0).
    This week, the Golden Panthers travel to Las Vegas to face the UNLV Rebels (0-1).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 30-17 against Vanderbilt (0-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Blacksburg to face the #12 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0).

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 51-44 against Houston (1-0).
    This week, the Lobos will host Florida Atlantic (0-1).

=============== Memphis Tigers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Memphis lost 72-21 against Tennessee (1-0).
    This week, the Tigers will host UAB (0-2).

2. DirtycashDylan

Looks like the dynasty wire is working again. I just added it the week 2 update to said thread.

3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I was just thinking, our OD logo is easily the best on the site. Good call DirtycashDylan

4. DirtycashDylan

agreed, good sir

5. DirtycashDylan

The NCAA god taketh and he giveth away. Indiana U is giving me all I can handle in my own house. I've managed to come back to make it 16-17 at half. They've held my redzone O to 4-1-3-100%

6. DirtycashDylan

What a difference a week makes. I was pumped about my blowout of tOSU so I decided to play a 2nd game tonight and almost got beat at home by Kevin Wilson's shitty Indiana squad.

Kent-31
    IU-24

I think the difference was I came out throwing more in this game and trying to force something to happen, and threw 3 picks and several incompletions (Peterson-11 of 28 for 201 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT). Or it could be I came out and pulled an OU: I played tOSU 100% and treated IU like the lowly Texas Tech Sandaggies.

I was down 17-3 at one point before getting back to the running game and crawling back. Archer (17-125 1 FUMB) and McKinney (15-120 1 TD) both had good days but I feel like the line blocks MUCH better for McKinney. Maybe Dri Archers been going up in all their girlfriends without a rubber?

M Fields is becoming my go-to guy on 3rd down and had another good day receiving with 4 for 76 while Kendrick snagged the lone TD through the air.

Sherman led the D in tackles once again with 8 solo and 2 more assists + a sack. But the real story on D was DE Jake Dooley tying the school record with 5 sacks in one game. He is already half way to tying the school season mark set at 14. Sherman, Dooley, DE Nix, SS Wollet and MLB2 Walker bogarted all the stats this week. No one else had more than 1 solo tackle while this group had 28 combined.

POTG-Jake Dooley

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Fucking shit this pisses me off. Virginia Tech was not doing shit on offense and then their running back turns into Adrian Peterson. 19 carries for 240. Ball at their own 1 yard line and they get a 10 yard pass, then he breaks off a 42 yard run followed by a 44 yard TD run. Then after holding them to nothing in the 3rd he breaks an 80 yard TD run in the 4th. I get a field goal to go up 2 with a minute left and their QB takes off for a scramble all the way to boarder-line field goal range and me DE cant get back to the line of scrimmage and they let them snap it, giving me an off-sides and putting them right in FG range. They went on to score a TD anyway. I struggled some on offense but felt like I had control of most of the game except for their superman run plays.

8. Steamer43

Virginia Tech Hokies - 32
    Middle Tennessee State - 26

[​IMG]

Virginia Tech Avoids Upset in the Final Minute

It was a game of big plays early. The two offense could not move the ball consistently but got big plays when they needed them. VT struck first on a 67 yard pass. 1 play later, MTSU QB found 6'5'' Courtney Graham in single coverage and he could not be stopped, making the grab and going 70 yards to the house. It was 7-7 going into the second with just 1 combined first down. VT running back Tony Gregory began to pick up big chunks for the Hokies and helped get a FG to re-take the lead. MTSU as well finally found some offense, but were held to a goal line stand and failed on 4th down from the two. VT took just 6 plays to go 99 yards thanks to two 40+ yard carries on the same drive by Gregory, and VT went up to a quick 17-7. But MTSU got the big play they were looking for when freshman Shelton Mack took the ensuing kick-off 99 yards for a TD. A Blue Raiders field goal just before halftime tied it up at 17.

The third quarter was controlled by MTSU. Neither offense had much success, but the Blue Raiders got field goals from 49 and 45 yards to go up 23-17 going into the 4th. VT's Gregory once again came up big for the Hokies, taking a toss sweep 80 yards for a touchdown and taking a 24-23 lead. MTSU moved the ball into VT territory, but just outside of field goal range punted to the 8 yard linewith 3 minutes to go. VT got a bit too aggressive, and a deep pass was picked off by safety Prudhomm, who returned it inside the 30. MTSU was held on 3rd down, and kicked a field goal to take a 26-24 lead with 1:16 to go. Virginia Tech ran the no huddle and a few quick passes got VT to their 45 yard line with :50 to go. Then QB Leal scrambled off for a 23 yard run just outside of field goal range, but a MTSU DE was not back behind the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped for a free 5 yards and into field goal range. The MTSU defense softened up and VT got a big pas inside the 10 and capped it off with a run by Gregory with just 16 seconds left.

MTSU QB Will Davis played well in Lane Stadium. After an early interception he went on to go 14-23 for 281 yards and a TD. Freshman Graham ended with 4 catches for 120 yards and a TD.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Cincinnati Bearcats 17
    @
    Akron Zips 63

Not much to say as they couldn't stop my offense at all and turned the ball over 4 times which led to an easy victory against a instate recruiting foe. I had two running backs with over 100 yards rushing and 3 WR's with over 80 yards receiving. On defense MLB Kyle Mitchell led the way with 10 tackles while LE Nick Caponi registered 3 sacks. Hopefully this will change a few recruits minds when deciding between Akron and Cinnci.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Monster crowd in New Mexico. At least 300 people in attendance!

11. DirtycashDylan

Ice cream social afterward?

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Who needs an offense when you have a kicker!
    the freshman Fransisco Enea comes up HUGE in the Lobos first win of the year coming over FAU 16-13. He started things off with a 43 yard FG to give NM a lead early. Then he inched over a huge 57 yard bomb, something this school has been missing for years but will love for the next 4 years. Enea sealed the hat trick by drilling a 26 yeard FG as time expired to win it.

The Lobos only TD came on a kick return by the JUCO transfer captain newcomer Corey Sherman. The 94 yard return tied the game up late 2nd and only allowed the Owls to hold the lead for 12 seconds. Although the Owls only managed 1 score, they had their chances and kicked 2 short FGs after stalling drives inside the 5. Their only TD came on a scramble option keeper but even that score didnt come easy.

Walton was sporadic throwing the football and only went 6/16 for 67 yards and one INT as compared to FAUs Curtis trowing for 230 yards. In fact, it is the first time in school history that a WR didnt make a single reception. LaDarrius Thompson was looked great early before injuring himself and not returning. Gutierrez is a big physical back but isnt ready to handle the load of the action. A win is a win but 140 yards of offense will not be enough every week. The defense carried te team today. 2 fumbles at huge situations to kill scoring drives really were the difference.

Fresno State comes to town next

good game Johngalt

13. DirtycashDylan

I'm gonna have to go to Spain and find me a soccer player, too. I lose both of my kickers this year.

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Spain? Nahh, we found us a Mesican! I think he's legal. He told us he was 19

15. Steamer43

Looks like we're just waiting on Full Moon Fever if Blonde isn't able to play his game...

16. DirtycashDylan

Fransisco Enea a Mexican? You were lied to. You should suspend him for the next 3 games, iyam.

17. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

ok, so he doesnt speak english. we didnt ask questions. But he can sure kick a football!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I'm done. Write-up forthcoming, but Memphis scores 24 points in the final 3:50 and wins the Battle for the Bones 48-45. Wild game.

19. DirtycashDylan

advance coming in a couple of hours after Blonde plays.

20. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

The Battle for the Bones.

After storming out to a 17-0 lead, my starting HB pulled his vagina and was out for the rest of the game. Around the same time, my secondary forgot that there was grass behind them and let UAB's QB go nuts and rally them back. They came back and took a 24-17 lead in the 3rd quarter. Then we traded TD's and it was 31-24 early in the 4th. Still not time to panic, until i misread a coverage and threw a ball into the flats that got snagged and returned 60 yards for a TD, giving them 38-24 lead with just under 6 minutes. I was able to move the ball but stalled out around the UAB 45 yardline and was forced to punt with a 4th and long, just over 5 to play. Got a lucky bounce on the punt and downed it at the 6. Finally my defense came up huge, forcing a 3-and-out. A decent return gave me the ball at their 41 yard-line, with just over 4 to play. After two incompletions I was able to bust a draw and then found my tight end who stiffarmed a corner and rumbled down to the 1. A QB sneak made it 38-31 UAB with under 4 to go.

Kickoff was a touchback, and after a quick first down I forced them to punt with less than 3 to go. Returned it to near midfield, but soon faced 4th and 5 from the UAB 36. Had faith in my run game and my backup HB busted a shotgun off-tackle play for a 36-yard TD. Heart-pounding run as I got caught up in traffic a yard short of the first down, but he found a sliver of daylight and squirted out of the opening like Steamer's sister coming to climax, and outraced the Blazer defense to the pylon for a game-tying TD with 1:50 to play.

38-38.

After holding them to two incomplete passes, my hoped at winning the damn thing were rising faster than Dylan's trouser tent at an all-male revue. And then another defensive miscue led to UAB finding a slot receiver wide open on a deep corner route. The catch and run put the ball on my 15 yardline with 1:30 left in the contest.

Had they kneeled the ball out, they could've kicked a go-ahead fg with little time left as I only had 2 time outs. But they didn't, and they punched it into the endzone with :58 left on the clock. 45-38 UAB.

A solid return gave me the ball at my own 40 yard-line. I was able to connect on a Hail Mary down to the 12 with :46 left. On the next play, I couldn't find anybody open and had to scramble with the unathletic Johnson at QB. Fortunately, he shrugged off a defender at the 6 and managed to scamper I to the endzone with :40 left in the game.

I kicked off and they hit one complete pass, called a time-out, and then threw a pick at midfield. With :24 left, I was able to connect on a corner route down to the 25 with 17 seconds left. I called time-out, ran off-tackle to center the ball, and e ded up taking it down to the 15 yardline. Called timeout again with :03 left and booted a 32-yd game-winning FG as time expired to complete a miraculous comeback and return the 100 lb bronzed rack of ribs to the good citizens of Memphis.

21. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Will Dylan doing a male revue ever get old?