Week 3 2014 Now Open - Deadline 2.11.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Feb 9, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 3 Now Open

Deadline = February 11, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Oh its like that!

Dat U has to get back on the winning tip this week vs. Central Meeeshigan if they want any part of this tough recruiting class. This is going to be some hard work this season.

Good luck this week boys.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple and the hated PSU Nittany Lions will be kicking off tomorrow morning

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

The Commish plans on playing THE Ohio St. tomorrow afternoon. I could play it not but my setup here at the hotel is FAR from ideal. I had to break out the old coxial cable (not even red white yellow) and the picture is AWFUL. I'm going to need wide screen 1080P at home to have ANY shot at The Buckeyes.

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Doesn't EA know I have high blood pressure? These kind of offensive shootouts are going to kill me. Anyway, CMU and Dat U get it on. Let's skip to the 4th quarter. The score is 28-27 Miami, as the kicking game has been useless because a 15mph cross wind was causing havoc. Miami's frosh Ted Nugent missed a 35 yarder early and fell short on a 52 yarder in the third, and CMU's kicker shanked an XP in the third. Crucial mistake.

CMU breaks out the deisel cheat card as Rick Shaw houses 3 Redhawks on his way to the End zone as the Chippies take the lead 34-28. CMU really pounded the rock today. Even when behind, they ran more than I expected. Until they went hurry up, then it was all about the chucking. So Miami freshman Jack Black is in relief of the again ineffective senior, and the kid is going well. He makes a terrific read on blown coverage and Glenn Beck gets free for a 64 yard TD rumble. 35-34 good guys.

CMU rallies, but stalls and they are forced to punt. Black needs to convert a few first downs to eat up the clock. Facing a 3rd and 8, he audibles to a better pass. The receiver was open, but he got jacked up between two CMU rushers and threw a wounded duck that was scooped off the turf by an alert safety, Sean Lacey. The Chips went back on the ground attack and got the go ahead score with a one yard plunge by Ben Brown. That was Brown's third rushing TD of the game. It's 40-35 now. CMU lines up to got for two, but they get stuffed. Lot's of time left, though.

Miami laid the win on the shoulders of the kid, and Jack Black did not disappoint. He overcame being rattled to lead a three minute drive highlighted bya juggling catch by Dean Martin. While the majority of the carries when to Dougie Fresh, in crunch time it was his understudy that made the big play. John Coltraine knocked in the pile with a minute left and now Miami has the lead, 41-40. We try to go for two points, but the pass is broken up.

CMU gets one more drive. They complete their first pass, but get sacked, throw an incomplete, and get sacked again to end the drive. We go into victory formation and get the hell out of dodge with a win. I can't take it anymore.

Luckily, we get a week to rest up for our rival, Cincinnati. Back out to continue showering them kids with money, hoes, and clothes!

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Guys, I'm SOL for now, my disc got scratched by one of the kids. Im gonna see about picking up a used copy. proceed without me for now.

Sorry

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Dammit man, I'm sorry for your loss. Uh...rent and swap is always an opiton?

8. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

That's true

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Penn State takes Temple to the woodshed 49-10 in what is without a doubt the most frustrating game to date on NCAA '11. My qb was 14-43 with an amazing 10 drops by receivers. And that's just the recorded ones. Their qb was 18-21 for 306 yards while their HB gained 173 yards on 19 carries for 9.1 a pop.

Converting 1st downs was impossible as my 3-15 third down conversion rate shows. Late in the game we were forced to get desperate and attempt some 4th downs which we were modestly successful at with a 2-7 rate.

I hate Penn State.

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Drops have killed us, too. I think it's a huge drop in talent on my end, but I'll keep slinging it.

11. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!

Kent St. takes down the defending national champions and #1 ranked Ohio St. Buckeyes 42-30. Williams came out on fire and looked more like Peyton Manning than some MAC QB. The Golden Flashes D was also SUPERB forcing 8 sacks!

Of course The Ohio St. attempted their best Duke impression from last night. Kent St. took a 35-6 halftime lead only to see the Buckeyes come out and start laying massive injury causing big hits which led to fumbles and set up defensive scores and short fields which allowed Ohio St. to mount a rally. However, in the end Williams pulled through as Kent St. pulled off a
    shocker in the Horseshoe.

The victory was somewhat bitter sweet as Coach CLWyatt learned for the 1st time that he had son from a one night stand back in college. Matt Wyatt is now the Buckeyes starting QB. After the game Coach CLW went to Matt who was dejected and battered and bruised from the pressure/beating his father had just put on him. Buckeyes fans are already calling for Wyatt's head. Could a father/son combo be coming to the MAC?

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Wow. That's an impressive win, C-dub. Congrats.

13. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Very impressive....That is what we are talking about bro top 10 wins by MAC opponents is what we want to see.They will learn to under estimate this MAC conference i promise

Well done Cory