Week 3 2014

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (1-0) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 35-9 against FCS Southeast .
    This week, the Spartans travel to Stanford to face the #23 Stanford Cardinal (1-1).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (1-0).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (1-0) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 52-0 against UTEP (0-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host FCS Northwest .

=============== Akron Zips (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Akron won 35-6 against UL Monroe (0-1).
    This week, the Zips will host Washington State (0-1).

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 69-0 against FCS East .
    This week, the Owls will host UNLV (0-0).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-2) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 48-17 against Mid Tenn State (1-1).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host New Mexico (2-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 48-17 against FIU (0-2).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Troy to face the Troy Trojans (1-0).

=============== New Mexico Lobos (2-0) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico won 60-3 against Arizona State (0-1).
    This week, the Lobos travel to Miami to face the FIU Golden Panthers (0-2).

=============== Memphis Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers will host Louisville (0-1).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Sweet!

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Quiet week on the recruiting trail. Moving up the list of a 5* that is going to revolutionize the game of football.

4. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

im about to play my LVOD game and then i dont have any plans tonight if you can play tonight

6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I'm available any time. I'll be on Live.

7. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Access Denied
    New Mexico Travels to FIU and shuts out the Panthers 30-0

In a game filled with early lightning for the Lobos, things slowed way down in an effort to use clock and come out of the game healthy. In fact, the time of possession was an impressive 19:16 - 12:44 in favor of NM. The Panthers only managed to complete 5 passes on the day and 3 more went to the defense. Shane COleman had a nice day on the ground for FIU but it wasnt going to get them back into this game.

New Mexico scored on the games first play on a 59 yard catch and run b TE Justin White. White went on to score again later in the game and the TE duo went for 194 yards on 8 receptions. Ladarrius Thompson didnt get the start after coming out of the injury but he came in early and looked good as he went for 100 on 23 carries. The exciting Will Cowen broke out for 53 yards on just 4 carries in situations to keep drives alive and keep working the clock.

Defense was a team effort. No one managed to record a sack for NM but there were the 3 INTs including one in the redzone on what looked to be an easy scoring drive. Another key moment in the game was on the Panthers first trip to the redzone when Carlos Horne ripped the ball out and DE Dallas Escobedo looked like he was about to scoop and score. unfortunately 90 yards is a long way for a big man to run and he was brought down after 54 yards.

A great team win today moving to 3-0 with a game against an FCS school next week. the Lobos may be headed towards bowl eligibility early this year. Through 3 games, they are outscoring opponents 149-17

8. DirtycashDylan

You guys with CPU games realize the week is due tonight, right?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Full Moon Fever

Memphis upsets rival Cardinals in a 42-38 thriller.

Wild ass game. Probably the most unlikely win I've ever had. Scored 21 points in the final 2:30, and then preserved the win with an interception in the end zone with less than a minute left.

My run game was stagnant, which was very frustrating, but I found a star in my QB Blount, who threw for 4 TD's and 0 INT's, converted a long 3rd and 15 with a scramble, and connected on several game-saving 4th down completions, including a 4th and 14 89 yard TD, and a 4th and 10 50-yard bomb. It helps to have really fast, tall receivers, as well. :)

Trailing 38-21 with 5:00 left in the game, I went on a 2 minute, 90 yard drive to pull to within 38-28 with three minutes left. I kicked off and was able to get a stop, but it took all three of my time outs. I got the ball back with about 2:30 left on my own 14. After two incompletions and a sack that fotunately turned into a fumble that bounced out of bounds, which stopped the clock, I hit an 89 yard bomb on 4th and 14 from my own 11. 35-38 with two minutes left and no time outs. I had to get the onside kick, and I did. Probably the first time I've ever recovered an onside kick in this title or last. Still needing points, but with a whole new energy, I promptly threw three incomplete passes. On 4th and 10 with a minute and a half left, Blount connected with WR Byrd down the sideline for 50 yards down to the Cardinal 12. On the next play, Casey Calvin punched it into the endzone on a 12 yard dive play.

Louisville quickly marched down the field, using all three of their time outs, and then threw a pick deep in the endzone with 45 seconds left. I took the touchback and kneeled out the victory. Awesome, awesome win. My heart is still pounding.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Had a crazy game versus Troy, winning 45-38. Had to rely on Stephon Mack to return 2 kick-off returns, and taking a 72 yard run to the house to take the lead at the end. Had a tough time slowing down Troy's no-huddle offense and had bad some turnovers.

11. DirtycashDylan

Kent-42
    Virginia-14

My Golden Flashes finally returned to the football field after starting the year with 2 byes, but we gave our fans an extra half of football to make up for it. The first game froze around halftime.

I'm liking my RB situation with *balanced* Holloman and *speedster* Davis, but the real back to keep your eye on is fullback Trayion Durham. Rated as a 79 at both FB AND RB, he'll get plenty of opportunities running behind true freshman FB Roshaun Mitchell in 'Jumbo Backfield' packages. One of the main things I wanted to do on offense last year was get him the ball more. I never thought about moving him to RB but I wish I had of.

I'm now taking name ideas for the Trayion/Roshaun double FB package. Darkness? Drive bye?

For now, it looks like Davis will get the carries out of Ace, Durham will get the I-Form stuff and Holloman will get SG (although the jury is still out on Holloman after fumbling on one of his 4 carries.) I'm gonna try and redshirt McKinney but we'll see how it goes.

POTG-FB/RB Trayion Durham 12 CAR, 110 YDS, 2 TD, 41 Long

by the numbers:
    Senior FB Trayion Durham 6'1 240 79 overall
    88 speed, 76 strength, 78 agility, 96 acceleration, 79 btk, 73 truck, low 70s rushing moves, 81 carry, 71 catch

as far as the passing game went....it went pretty average. Juco newcomer Noah Simpson led with 3 grabs for 41 and the other Juco, Thornton, caught a 13 yard TD. Peterson went 14 of 31 with a TD and 2 picks, but with the way we were running it, only 1 TD is understandable.

My new LB core played outstanding, but it always seems to be the afterthought second interior lineback starter that plays out of his mind. As a redshirt SR, Greg Morris made his Kent debut at MLB2 and led the team with 8 total tackles/2 TFL and 2 INTs one of which he housed. On paper, Morris doesn't belong on the same field as the other 3 starting backers.

My new defensive wrinkles (2-4-5 with 2 DTs, 3-4 Predator) weren't effective at all. Hopefully that was just the cpu bias.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  12. nikpin

Tim Tebow?

13. nikpin

Since when have we been keeping a schedule?

I made the trip out to Irving Macarthur to see the defending 5A girls basketball state champs and #5 team in the country destroy my sisters team 57-30. The score was 2-19 at the end of the 1st. It was entertaining.

I'm working 9-8 today any chance I can get my game in when I get home?

14. Full Moon Fever

I vote for CoachRedd Special.

• Like Like x 3
  15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I just played... and I legitimately feel bad...

NMSU 72
    FCS NW 7

This game was literally 21-0 less than a minute into the game. My FULLBACK took the opening play from scrimmage 71 yards. On their first play from scrimmage it was a scoop and score on a big hit. After another turnover Luke found my TE Clark on playaction who made a good move and outran the FCS D for another score at the 7:00 mark of the first quarter. Wow...

I feel like snoopy...

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Swiss and Cheddar? :)

Oh no, I'm not being bitter... I can see my NCAA Lifestory book: "234 ways to lose a football game"

17. Full Moon Fever

Still week 3? Disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steamer43

FIFY

• Like Like x 1
  19. DirtycashDylan

You're such a little girl lol. I wouldn't skip anyone's game after a day, even though that's the rule. I primarily enforce that rule with FNGs. I don't know if he has played yet but I'm getting on to advance.

20. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Hooray! Bring on Jacksonville State! (im just going to pretend thats my FCS opponent)

21. Steamer43

lol just busting balls.