Week 3 2015 Now Open - Deadline 3.16.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Mar 13, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 3 Now Open

Deadline = March 16, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

UCLA rolled into Oxford and punched Dat U square in the mouth. They took the opening kick and marched down the field for an easy TD and a quick lead. The heavy rain and wind didn't seem to bother the Bruins. Miami's sophomore QB, Jack Black, had an ugly baptism in his first home start, though. His first pass was picked off by a sneaky LB and that set the visitors up for another easy score. 14-0 in just a few minutes and the rain clouds got darker.

But it wasn't over when the Germans bomber Pearl Harbor, and it wasn't over now. Not until we say it's over. So Black got his swag back with a little scramble here, a check down pass there, and he leaned on Dougie Fresh and John Coltraine to chew up some clock. UCLA had a strong rush, but no luck. The Redhawks scored on a nifty tip drill play, with Dean Martin cradling the deflection like a fresh glass of 18 year old single malt.

Miami went off as the UCLA offense went cold. We score 21 unanswered in the second quarter, and hung up another TD in the third to open things up. The Bruins showed a little sack by scoring twice in the fourth, to cut it to a one score game. But they shanked the XP and so Dat U would sit on an 8 point lead with the ball and the clock on their side.

John Coltraine punched in his third TD of the game and Miami bags it's second bear of the season!

Final score - Miami 42 - UCLA 27.

The defense played surprisingly well, but the lack of passing was more due to the bad weather. Still, we lost the turnover battle, and that is an area we will have to focus one. Black threw three picks, and we fumbled three times. Luckily, freshman right tackle, Chuck Norris recovered two of them and Tom Clancy scooped up the other. We hope to have that prolem correct by next week's tilt at Ball State.

3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Nice write-up and win.

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Thanks dude. You're raising the bar around here for write ups, too. I need to shake off last year's stumble and get back to trying to keep pace with the big boys.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Week 3 was a huge week in recruiting as 6 recruits visited for the top 25 match up between Bowling Green and Rutgers. Needing a solid win to establish the recruiting year. Both teams came out strong but mistakes by Rutgers lead to a quick lead by Bowling Green. Before they knew what hit them it was 14-3. With a solid overall perfromance the falcons kept the pedal to the metal. A great win this week willl be talking personally to many recruits and see if we can get some hard commits.

Bowling Green.....49

Rutgers.............10

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Coach Limbo feels like an IDIOT after loosing this one to start the season 0-2.

1st Q:
    With starting QB out for the year we bring in true freshman Woods to try his hand in the game after last weeks terrible game by Olsen and his 6 ints. Woods sucks going 3-12 for 34yds and an INT. The ground game was going even without starting HB (out for 4 weeks) and break a big run early but are stopped short and settle for 3. Ark answers right back with 2 tds and we end the 1st 13-3 because a missed ex pt.

2nd Q:
    Defense played solid the whole game execpt the last drive. Leach picked up a fumble and rumbled into the endzone to give us a TD. Then we drove down right before the half and get 3 to tie it up. 13-13 half.

3rd Q:
    Went back and forth with no score. I did my QB Olsen in at the half after Woods' worthless half.

4th Q:
    Early in the Q we kick a FG and go up 16-13. After stopping them we get the ball with an opertunity to seal the deal and blow it having to punt. The hogs get the ball back with 3 min or so on the clock and drive 80 yds for the score. I had DB's drop EZ picks 2x and just could not get them off the field. Even with them scoring with 57 sec left on the clock we moved the ball down the field to the 35 ish and sputtered. Out of my Kickers range I threw a nice pass to the HB in the endzone and he dropped it.

Coach Notes and Quotes:

"Again we had 8 DROPPED PASSES in the game several on key plays"

"Clearly we thought we would have won one of our 1st 2 games but here we are over scheduling lol"

"Our team has a toughness about them and we will rebound, down but never out"

"We were in the mix for a few nice recruit's but without winning I will defiantly have to break out the check book to have a chance with them"

Limbo Out

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

EMU shocks itself by knocking off a much better rated team in Navy, 24-17. EMU used a grind it out run game and forced 3 turnovers to earn the victory. Starting HB Alan Watkins gained 106 on 20 carries while backup Gabriel Christensen had 62 on 12 carries. Both had TD's.

EMU moves to 2-1 on the year with one more game before it's back to reality with a matchup vs the commish's Kent State squad.