Week 3, 2015

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

#15 Iowa @ Iowa State​
    North Carolina vs. BYU​
    #12 Georgia vs. #20 Alabama​
    #3 Texas @ West Virginia​
    #6 Auburn @ Mississippi State​
    #7 Oklahoma vs. Ohio ​
    #18 Georgia Tech vs. #21 Nevada​
    LSU vs. Kentucky​
    #4 Florida vs. #14 Texas A&M​
    User Game of the Week: #10 Notre Dame vs. #11 Wisconsin

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

cyhiphopp when are you available? I'll be free tomorrow after 6pm till 8pm

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I was just going to ask the same question. What time zone are you in?
    Are you available tonight at all?

If not, we can make tomorrow work. Later would probably be better.

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Central time zone, I coach high school football as well as work at 4am. I could go as late as 8 central but preferably no later. What works for you?

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Tomorrow or tonight?

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Tomorrow preferably

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sweet. Tomorrow night at 7 will work.

I warn you, my kids might be running around so I apologize in advance if they mess anything up. I will do my best to corral them in their room, maybe rent them a new cartoon.

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I usually try to play after bedtime (~9) for that reason.

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Its all good my daughter may require me to pause the game if she gets into shit, hopefully I can just turn a movie on while I'm playing. Thank god for DVR.

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

You can text me at 515-313-3563. I'll try and have everything fired up before 7 and be ready to go.

11. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well Auburn wins again and I played before I got on here and saw my warning about Mason carrying the ball to much. Mason will be my go to man all year as he is a 97 over all HB with great speed and ability. His role looks to increase to play some WR as the season goes on as well. With Frazier gone we look to Mason to get the ground game going he will see a heavy work load this year but we will try and keep the carries around 25-30. Our QB battle continues as Hawkins and Brown continue to split time.
    ScreenHunter_10 Oct. 09 18.38.jpg

12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin Knocks off Notre Dame with 17-9 Victory

This game came down to which defense could bend the farthest without breaking. The Badgers snagged 3 Interceptions while not commiting any turnovers on Offense. Bielema was quoted after the game saying he was very proud of his team "Last year, I don't believe we hang in for the victory today". The Badgers were able to drive down the field and put up three points before halftime with less than 30 seconds left on the clock when they got the ball on the kickoff from ND. Notre Dame QB Golson was knocked of the game for the first half on a vicious hit from SO MLB George Moore. Overall the Fighting Irish out gained the Badgers through the air and on the ground 326 to 145 but 2 INTs by Golson and one by Gunner Kiel proved to be The Irish's Kryptonite. The biggest play of the game was a 4th down stop on the 1 Yd line in the fourth Qtr to prevent the Irish from pulling within 3 points.

421A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_ree.jpg

RS Soph FS Kevin Lee's 4th quarter INT of Golson to allow the Badgers to run out the clock.

ON WISCONSIN

• Like Like x 1
  13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

OUCH!

Golden Domers go down at home to Wisconsin!

Despite gaining 329 total yards, the Irish offense never really got in rhythm all day. It seemed like every time the offense took a shot deep, the WIsconsin defense came up with a big interception. The Notre Dame defense did their job, holding Wisconsin as much as possible. Wisconsin earned every yard. The only real breakdown was during the waning seconds of the first half when the secondary broke and let WIsconsin get into field goal range. Of course, with their kicker, the extra yards they got were all gravy.

At the end of the 3rd quarter, the offense let the defense down. A costly pick gave Wisconsin a short field and the capitalized. Badger QB Bart Houston, who is not particularly known for his running ability, took advantage when the Notre Dame defense lost contain on 3rd and goal. He rumbled forward and just broke the plain before being blown backwards by multiple defenders. A 10-7 game turned into a 17-7 game, with only one quarter to go.

In the 4th Notre Dame had a chance to pull within 3 when true freshman backup half back Jason Newberry came up inches short on 4th and goal from the 1. Starting HB William Mahone had gone down just a few plays earlier.

Again, the defense gave Notre Dame another chance. On the very next play Wisconsins Melvin Gordon was stuffed in the end zone for a safety to close the gap to 8 points. Notre Dame had 1:44 remaining on the clock and needed a TD and a 2pt conversion to send it to overtime.

They were able to connect on a few plays, but just like the rest of the game, when they decided to take a shot deep, the Badger defense was there.

Coach HipHopp stated that they needed to learn from todays loss. With Wisconsin and OSU in the Leaders division, the goal needs to be winning the Legends division with stiff competition from Iowa, Northwestern, and rivals Michigan and Michigan state.

The Irish take on in state foe Indiana next week in what 'should' be a much more relaxed Notre Dame stadium.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Longhorns Invade Morgantown and Get the Win 45-14
    Texas faced the always tough task of going on the road against the West Virginia Mountaineers, and early on it seemed the Longhorns might be in trouble in this Big 12 matchup. After both teams sputtered on their first offensive series and swapped punts, West Virginia's defense stepped up. CB Kimlon Dillon make an amazing interception and streaked 57 yards for a touchdown. Lucky for Texas, their first-starter at QB Connor Brewer refused to get shaken and hit WR Kendall Sanders on Texas' very next play for a 78-yard score. That got the offense clicking and led to a 24-7 halftime lead. The Longhorn starters would add two more scores and hold WVU scoreless before giving way to the second team units in the fourth quarter. The backup players managed to swap touchdown scores with the Mountaineers to wrap things up at 45-14. HB Johnathan Gray was awarded player of the game after gaining 117 yards on 24 carries and scoring twice. The Longhorn defense had 2 interceptions and CB Dustin Fagan continues to make quarterbacks regret throwing his direction.
    Next up Texas will host the Utah Utes as they try to stay near the top of the polls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Another great week of Chompion's League football. As of early Wednesday, October 10th, we are just waiting on Antonio T.

16. Ben

Ben Walk On

I lost to Alabama :( my defense is atrocious. :mad:

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

18. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Sorry about that, I been really busy at work the past 2 days...

19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No worries, we all got other stuff going on. You just gotta let me know when deadline will be an issue. 9/10 we work something out. You say nothing and I just advance