Week 3, 2015

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 26, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Bucknell Bison (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Bucknell lost 24-21 against Ball State (1-0).
    This week, the Bison travel to Piscataway to face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (0-1).

=============== Yale Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Yale won 37-20 against Duke (0-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Norman to face the #22 Oklahoma Sooners (0-1).

=============== #17 Brown Bears (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Brown won 17-16 against Alabama (0-1).
    This week, the Bears will host Boston College (0-1).

=============== Cornell Big Red (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Cornell won 27-20 against Buffalo (0-1).
    This week, the Big Red travel to Muncie to face the Ball State Cardinals (1-0).

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgetown won 44-28 against Ole Miss (0-1).
    This week, the Hoyas travel to Blacksburg to face the #11 Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0).

=============== Harvard Crimson (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Harvard won 41-18 against FCS Southeast .
    This week, the Crimson will host FCS Northwest .
    In recruiting news, the following Harvard targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Marcus Brown has committed to USC
    - (***) LT Josh Bell has committed to Harvard

=============== Columbia Lions (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Columbia lost 34-24 against Wake Forest (1-0).
    This week, the Lions will host Central Michigan (0-1).

=============== Princeton Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Princeton won 37-26 against UMass (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Buffalo (0-1).

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Dartmouth won 38-13 against San Jose State (0-1).
    This week, the Big Green will host Boise State (0-1).

=============== Delaware Blue Hens (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Delaware lost 28-21 against Toledo (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Hens travel to Columbus to face the #19 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0).

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Pennsylvania won 24-21 against Penn State (0-1).
    This week, the Quakers will host Syracuse (0-0).

=============== Howard Bison (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Howard lost 56-7 against Vanderbilt (1-0).
    This week, the Bison will host Duke (0-1).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'll allow a little more than 24 hours for this one since it's Friday and I want you all to go out and get drunk. This week will be due Saturday afternoon...let's say 4ish.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

The Bison will be scrapping the run n shoot offense that appears to be a very bad match for current personnel...maybe we can double our offensive point total to 14 and give up half as many sacks, only 5 sacks!!!! Defensively, we're sticking with the 3-4 for now, failure to shed blocks and cover receivers, combined with an inability to tackle has nothing to do with the scheme...

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Suffered a painful loss to Boise State. Was down 14-21 but for the second straight week completed a hail mary bomb to my 6'7 WR Adam Johnson to add a TD just before halftime. Tying the game at 21-21 gave my Dartmouth squad the momentum. We seized the lead in the 3rd to go up 28-21 but Boise State outscored my team 14-0 in the fourth quarter.

My defense got torn up pretty badly. Their QB had 4 passing TDs but threw for under 200 yards. Going home to Cincinnati next week on the road.

5. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

played week 3 late last night... fell just short to the heisman sliders again... 31-24... went into the half up 21-10 after a pick 6 that Jordan Powell jumped a stop route and took it back untouched, shortly after, the Buckeyes drove down the field and attempted a long field goal and i chose FG return to have a shot in case it fell short, but the CPU ended up blocking it for me, and a scoop and score ensued...

unfortunately i was only able to add a FG in the second half... knew that wasnt going to be enough although at one point (like an idiot) i thought i would hold them to a tie at 24 all, but on cue, the heisman sliders kicked in and after their HB broke 7 tackles to score and tie it up, their FB caught a pass in the flat and broke another 5 tackles...

i CAN NOT wait to start conference play so that i can face a human that doesnt adjust to every single play i call and audible to the perfect position... will be much more fun... and btw... had my top 2 HB's go down again and another QB injury on top of losing my #1 WR for the game... been a bit stupid so far this season

6. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

howard_university_athletics_logo965x965.jpg Howard qbs threw as many picks as they were sacked...7 times!!! First 2 picks were pick 6's to boot. Dukes running back had a career day and the qbs had no problem finding receivers. Duke was 7/12 on third down...another painful game for the Bison.

The new offense performed admirably under the circumstances amassing 388 yards and 24 points, more than double last week's output of both, for naught though as Howard falls to 0-2 with a 66-24 loss.

Coach Q was heard to say something about "needing a drink...make that several..."

7. IrishBearcat

Instant analysis: Dartmouth 28, Boise State 35
    __________________________________________________________________________________

By IrishBearcat | ESPN.com

[​IMG]

Dartmouth played and competed extremely hard with Boise State, but ultimately fell short in a 28-35 loss to
    the Broncos. Next week the Big Green travel to Cincinnati to face off against their head coach's alma mater.

It was over when: Facing a 4th and long Joe Campbell heaved a pass downfield that was picked off by
    Kyle Bush. The turnover sealed the victory for Boise State as the Big Green were out of timeouts and
    there was only :15 remaining on the clock. The broncos proceeded to lineup in victory formation and
    escaped an upset loss to a gritty Dartmouth squad.

Game ball goes to: The Dartmouth offense. Campbell accounted for 225+ total yards and 4 touchdowns.
    The rushing attack was potent as Tom Blair carried the ball 20 times for 114 yards. Adam Johnson
    continued to demonstrate his talent as he hauled in 6 catches for 148 yards and 2 touchdowns. The
    offense accounted for 378 total yards and dominated the time of possession holding the ball for over
    17 minutes of the game.

Stat of the game: The Broncos offense gashed the Big Green defense with big plays the entire game.
    The offense amassed an impressive 7.1 yards per rush and 16.3 yards per pass attempt. Dartmouth
    battled hard only gaining 3 less total yards on offense (378-381), avoided losing the turnover battle
    (1-1), and owned the T.O.P. category (17:29-10:31) but the talent of Boise State's offense was just
    too much for an extremely, ahem, green Dartmouth defense.

What it means for Dartmouth: A close loss to a well coached Boise State team is nothing to be
    embarrassed about, but letting the upset slip through their grasp in the fourth quarter is definitely
    dissapointing for the players. The offense looks like it can at least be competitive with any team in the
    country, but the young defense was exposed today. The front seven, especially the defensive line, was
    dominated. The good news is that this was an out of conference game that nobody expected the Big
    Green to win.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

I failed to mention, Duke didnt take more the 4 plays to score...ever!

Actually, but for turnovers and sacks, wasnt too displeased with the spread offense. my defense is just horrible which is unusual. the heisman is really showing my pathetic stick skills. I normally play free safety and count, leaning on the "A" button til I take over...player doesnt move on heisman when you hit "A"...cost me two long passes vs thecrumb and continues to catch me. I also over run way too many tackles...may be transitioning to DLine so my errors dont compound my team's poor performance!

9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I've pretty much play exclusively with the FS until this years version of NCAA. For whatever reason it's nearly impossible to control a guy with any consistency in the open field. I've now moved to the LB's as there isn't near as much space to get lost in but I still do stupid things on occasion.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The Qwon ties coach Qwigly's 7 INTs. Starter Dan Jones threw 4 of them before Keon Durbin took over at QB and threw 3 more. Jones moved to running back where he lost a fumble as well. All together this equaled a 47-14 beatdown for Georgetown at the hands of Virginia Tech.

11. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

All but the drinking part, been dry since June 6th of 1990.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I like me a beer probably a bit too regularly, been trying to cut back a bit and get back to the gym recently. At least a beer or two and video games are my only vices :)

13. Dean Evans

My total weight lifted this week totaled 52 1/2 tons or 105,000 pounds. 4-30 minute workouts, 6 sets of 100 during those 4 days.

14. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

WOW!!

I hit 40, doc said I was a heart attack waiting to happen at 195 pounds. Started working out 6-7 days a week, eating smarter (no fast food).

Got down to 155 pounds with 2% body fat. Stayed that way til I got remarried that included 2 kids (boy 4, girl 9) and my work responsibilities changed interfering with the time I would work out. Cancelled gym membership about 4 years ago due to job and kid responsibilities, back on BP and cholesterol meds and back up to 190lbs.

Daughter just turned 16 Wednesday, boy will be 11 in a couple weeks. With 50 staring me in the face, I said enough is enough, reupped gym membership and am working on getting back into the routine. Starting slow (have had both rotator cuffs operated on 2 times, one of em had to be reconstructed damage was so bad) but going to get there again!!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Fuck I figured my cpu team could handle Ball State

16. IrishBearcat

17. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG]
    Penn - 52
    Syracuse - 45
    I don't know what to say. I think Qwon hired some of his voodoo friends that he runs with to change this game. Lets's see what this game was about...I returned two kickoff for a touchdown, Syracuse broke a school record with single season rushing yards, and the Syracuse QB was Tim Tebow twin brother...​
    I won in Overtime, but my goodness. My defense is horrid.​
    _________________________________​
    Game Recap:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Game Stats:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. IrishBearcat

^ Great job winning in epic fashion!

19. Gyrene76

Thanks man....ridiculous game

20. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Nice win, think we play this season...you will then see what HORRID defense really is LOL

21. Gyrene76

haha, thanks man.

I am trying to post an example of their cheezery, lol.

22. IrishBearcat

"New York's finest cheese"

23. Gyrene76

This guy thought he was the Donovan McNabb of old man. Mr. Syracuse himself.

24. Gyrene76

Syracuse Cheeze:

I scored an 106 yard touchdown on a kickoff with 40 seconds left on the clock.

After the kickoff there was 38 seconds and Syracuse had 2 timeouts and needed to travel 80 yards. I put tackle on conservative and was ready to make the stop. Until. Timothy McNabb "Walter Payton" Tebow ran this play for 78 yards.

25. Dean Evans

Having the experience you do I am sure you will take it slow and easy. The workout I am doing is 100 reps and very light weight to start. The article about the workout is on Bodybuilding.com with Lisa Sutton as writer, Hundred training is title. It is quick and easy plus I follow with 20-30 minutes of cardio on elliptical or treadmill.

• Like Like x 1