Week 3 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Jan 30, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009
  2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Jun 27, 2010
    Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 49-28 against Central Michigan (1-0).
    This week, the Eagles will host Minnesota (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) CB Zach Tompkins has committed to Syracuse

=============== #23 Idaho Vandals (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 41-31 against Boise State (0-1).
    This week, the Vandals travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (1-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 45-13 against Cincinnati (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host #20 Ohio State (1-0).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 37-34 against Oregon (1-0).
    This week, the Hilltoppers are idle.

=============== UAB Blazers (2-0) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 35-27 against Wake Forest (0-1).
    This week, the Blazers will host ECU (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Joey Wiggins has committed to UAB

=============== #16 Army Black Knights (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Black Knights were idle.
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Clemson to face the #9 Clemson Tigers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Patrick Haynes has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) C Eric Cobb has committed to Temple
    - (***) WR Bobby Bostic has committed to Army

=============== #15 Western Michigan Broncos (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 58-24 against Michigan (0-2).
    This week, the Broncos will host Central Michigan (1-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 10-7 against Ole Miss (1-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Norman to face the #4 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0).

=============== Utah State Aggies (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 23-20 against Alabama (1-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Provo to face the #11 BYU Cougars (1-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (2-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 28-7 against Kansas State (0-1).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Baylor (0-1).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 69-28 against Notre Dame (1-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Ball State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) WR Corey Harris has committed to FIU
    - (*) CB Jason Whaley has committed to Duke

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (2-0) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 38-27 against Florida State (0-1).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Baton Rouge to face the #25 LSU Tigers (1-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Patrick Haynes has committed to Texas A&M
  3. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Jan 23, 2011
    Rapid Reaction
    MTSU 38
    Ball State 28

Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders bounced back from an ugly loss at Notre Dame to earn a good win on their homefield vs a slightly overmatched Ball State team.

1st Qtr
    3:42 FG MTSU T. Cook 29 yards 3-0)

2nd Qtr
    6:33 TD MTSU S. Tanner 3 Yd Run (10-0)
    3:21 TD BSU T. Young 19 Yd Rec (10-7)
    0:52 TD BSU K. Gatewood 2 Yd Run (10-14)

3rd Qtr
    5:35 TD MTSU G. Jenkins 2 Yd Run (17-14)
    5:28 TD MSTU I. Green returned fumbled 28 yards(24-14)
    4:51 TD BSU K. Gatewood 66 Yd Run (24-21)
    2:47 TD MTSU M. Gatewood 14 Yd Rec (31-21)

4th Qtr
    6:50 TD MTSU S. Tanner 1 Yd Run (38-21)
    1:50 TD BSU K. Young 1 Yd Run (38-28)

What It Means: It means MTSU is not as bad as the blowout last week at ND might suggest. While Ball State is by no means a powerhouse, to be able and move to 2-1 on the season by beating Ball State by more than a TD shows the Blue Raiders are slowly but surely moving forward as a program.

Hero: Tie between QB Richard Lundy and RB Sam Tanner. The offense looked good moving the ball today and it was due to the effiecient passing of Lundy(15-31 297 yards, 1 TD 0 INT) and power running of Tanner(29 att 157 yards 5.4 avg, 2 TD)

Telling Stat: Third down efficiency Ball State struggled all game coverting third downs and moving the chains going a salty 5-14(35%) while MTSU (7-13, 53%) semmed to move the chains just enough to sustain important drives.

Current Standing: The Blue Raiders moved to 2-1(0-0) on the year. This was the first home game so the home record currently stands at 1-0.

Moving Forward, whats next?: The MTSU Blue Raiders open conference play next week at Kent State. Before their week 3 matchup Kent State stands at 2-0 with an impressive road win over the same Notre Dame team that destroyed the Blue Raiders. This matchup is going to be tough as a clear talent gap between the two schools exists.
    Initial thoughts on keys to the Kent State game: Its looks like containing the running back tandem of John Newby (42 Attemps 388 yards 9.2 avg 3 td) and Oscar Robinson(23 att 101 yards 4.3 avg 2 td) will be a major key as well as manually doubling the standout tight end Gerald Johnson. More keys to come later.
  4. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Jun 5, 2010
    Eagles Win First Game Ever Against Big Ten Opponent In A Wild, Crazy Shootout 63-59 at Rynearson Stadium

Ypsilanti, Michigan - After struggling to two heartbreaking losses where the Eagles defense couldn't make the plays at the end of the contest, coach Crumb had a very simple philosophy towards the contest against Minnesota.

"If we can't play defense, let's try to find something that works offensively so we can match them score for score and pray we get lucky. After all, the rest of the league probably cheeses against the computer at some point, how else could you explain their success? Of course, I did it while mixing in some passes in the process as well. "

Well, the Eagles found that running the ball to the outside worked pretty damn well, to the tune of 530+ yards rushing. However, despite that performance it took an onside kick at the end of the game for the Eagles to pull off the 63-59 win over the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

The Eagles started the contest with the ball and were able to drive the ball down the field methodically against the Gophers defense, culminating in a Robinson 12 yard run to put the Eagles up 7-0 early. Minesota would proceed in fashion to score quickly right after with a 2 yard Matthews pass to Buckley to tie the game up at 7-7 which was your score at the end of the first quarter.

Minnesota would then take the lead after a failed EMU possession when Buckley would throw his second TD pass to make it 14-7 at the 5:48 mark in the second quarter. On the ensuing EMU possession, Minnesota would take a fumble back for a touchdown to make the score 21-7. EMU would respond though with a huge touchdown run from Robinson of 79 yards to make the score 21-14. However, as this game was frustrating the coaching staff, a repeated pattern would continue. Minnesota would then on their next play score on a 66 yard pass to make it 28-14. EMU would respond with Robinson's third touchdown to make it 28-21. After a rare EMU stop, the Eagles would capitalize on a beautiful drive capped off by a 12 yard pass by Chavis to Jackson to tie the score up at 28-28. However, this was the CPU against Crumb. 21 seconds left. Minnesota takes two plays and scores with 5 seconds left on Buckley's 4th TD pass of the first half to conclude the first half scoring at 35-28.

"Seriously... Seriously... How much bad secondary play and how much bad luck can one individual take."

Minnesota would come out with the ball first in the second half and would not surprisingly score again torching the EMU secondary to make the score 42-28. EMU though would respond when FB Williams ran it in from 2 yards out to push the score to 42-35. Minnesota, three plays and a TD concluded by a 20 yard pass from Buckley to Moore to make the score 49-35. EMU would respond with a drive of their own to make it 49-42 with EMU's backup running back Baker getting into the act with a 14 yard TD run. EMU would commit a minor miracle and prevent Minnesota from scoring more than a FG at the 5:31 mark in the fourth quarter to push the score to 52-42. EMU then would respond with another nice pass from Chavis to Jackson to make the score 52-49 at the 3:57 mark. Minnesota then would score in what looked like would be the dagger on a 61 yard run on 3rd down with 2:20 lefft to make the score 59-49. However, EMU would not give up. They were able to run the ball to the outside successfully a couple of times, hit a big pass and then would score with 1:11 left when the 3rd string running back Roach would score.

EMU would then line up for an onside kick, and miraculously EMU RECOVERED THE DAMN BALL!

EMU then marched the ball down the field and would score with 12 seconds left to take their first lead since the first quarter at 63-59. Minnesota would then try to commit their first half miracle, but would fail. EMU won.

"Honestly, that play at the end of the first half pissed me off." said Coach Crumb. "I've put up with a lot of shit in this dynasty over the past 6 years and I wasn't going to let these Gophers continue to laugh at me. Give my team a lot of credit for showing the resolve needed to win that contest. It was a complete effort offensively."

After the game when asked about the performance of his defense.

"If I could revoke the scholarships of all my players on defense I would." said Coach Crumb. "Oh wait, except for that one LB I stole from Idaho.. and that DT that transferred in from some big school I don't remember. But yeah, the rest of them.... they're on notice."

EMU goes into the bye week pretty excited.

"Anyone know a good defensive coach? I'm looking for one."

Haha, well played Coach Crumb. Well played. Well played indeed.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Apr 17, 2010
    Give 'em hell Crumb
  6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Jul 31, 2010
    If I beat Oklahoma...
  7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Apr 15, 2010
    The battle for Ohio:

After five straight seasons of playing at the Shoe, Kent St would finally get to host the Buckeyes this season. Ohio St would get their first look at Adam Collins Memorial Stadium and it would leave with a bitter taste in its' mouth. This season Kent St quarterback Charlie Denman has struggled mightily. However, the Golden Flashes keep on winning due in large part to the outstanding defense they have played this season. That was exactly what the #21 Buckeyes found out.

On the game's opening drive, Ohio State marched down the field for an early 7-0 lead. After that, they would be stonewalled by the Golden Flash defense. Late in the first after downing a punt at the two, Kent State's defensive line would bust through and record a safety to cut the lead to 7-2. In the 2nd quarter, it would be the defense again as true freshman FS Tim Henderson would take an interception back 77 yards for the touchdown and a 9-7 lead. After a John Newby touchdown run for Kent St, the Golden Flash defense would score again, this time on CB Scott Jones 55 yard pick-six.

Kent State would tack on a couple of field goals and hold the Buckeyes until 1:17 left when they would score a garbage touchdown and 2-pt to bring the score to a final of 29-15.
  8. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Apr 14, 2010
    The Ragin' Cajuns are the Class of Louisiana After a Dominating Performance Against the Hated LSU Tigers

ULL - 49
    LSU - 17

As the rain came pouring down in Death Valley, Coach Snoopy led his team on to the muddied turf with one goal in mind, to win and win big. The Cajun Defense, the self-described weak link of the team, came out big on the first possession forcing a quick three and out with former JUCO DT Roderick Carroll forcing LSUs QB Warren to throw the screen pass too soon, dinking it off his HBs head. The ensuing Cajun offensive possession looked like it would stall quickly but 3rd and 9 QB Josh Wright was able to find a seam on the outside after no receivers opened up and took it 19 yards for the first down. 2 plays later All-World HB Titus Cox took the ball on an Off-tackle run and finding holes took it 49 yards to the house. Coach Snoopy knew they were no where out of the woods yet and sent his Defense out once more and while they didn't force another 3 and out they made LSU settle for a 50 yard FG attempt which they missed, one of 2 FG misses for LSU in the first half. The next drive would be carried on the legs of Titus Cox and Lou Myers as they set up good field positioning after each run setting up an easy 7 yard TD pass from Josh Wright to Todd Britton. LSU's next drive ended as the one that preceded it with a 51 yard FG miss. The next Cajun drive showed promise but QB Josh Wright made an errant pass that was intercepted by the Tigers. The Cajun Defense, now brimming with confidence, came back out talking shit and sat LSU the fuck down with a quick 3 and out. The offense came out and thanks to a clipping call were quickly in the hole on a 3rd and 14 but Josh Wright calmly drifted to the right of the pocket and launched a jump ball to the 6'6" Chad Newton who came down with the 50 yard bomb setting up a 9 yard scramble for the TD by Josh Wright. LSU didnt even attempt to grab the TD and let the 1st half run out. Cajuns went into the Locker room ecstatic with a 21-0 lead and never looked back. The Tigers were able to muster 17 second half points but it didnt matter as the Cajuns threw down 28 more points of their own. Great win to get on the road and recruits are starting to take notice on who really owns Louisiana.

Player of the Game
    Jr HB Titus Cox 24 Att 166 yards 6.9 avg 4 TDs 50 yd long 2 receptions for 27 yards

Honorable Mention
    Jr QB Josh Wright 13-19 240 yards 1 TD 1 INT 3 rushing attempts for 19 yards 1 TD
    Sr WR Chad Newton 4 receptions for 136 yards
    So CB Dylan Terry 1 Int 1 TD

9. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Apr 14, 2010
    Steamer and Hammerhead the only 2 left
  10. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009
    both games being played right now. We should adv by 6 ct. We knocked out about 1.5 seasons in January. Good job gents.
  11. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Jan 23, 2011
    If it gets advanced soon and Qwon can start the game tonight by 8 pm ET...I think I can play before I head to work at 11.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Jul 22, 2010
    Army Holds on Against #9 Clemson
    Army holds on to knock of their second top 10 ranked about in as many weeks to move to 2-0 early this season. The defense slowed down a potent Tiger offense and forced 3 turnovers, while the offense scored just enough to squeak by. HB Larry Clark pounded out a tough 95 yards against a stingy Clemson run D on 20 carries and punched it into the endzone once. QB Derrick Gates was on point completing 24 of 30 pass attempts throwing for 2TDs (but 2INTs as well in only 6 incompletions). Wideout Richard Carr had a big day as well as he was Gates's primary target racking up 125 yds and 2 TDs on 6 catches. FS Justin Reed recorded 8 tackles and Patrick Sherman tallied up 4 as well as 1 pick.​
    I'll get back to my typical writeups with highlights after this week, got a huge test to get onto now.​
  13. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Apr 17, 2010
    Utah State Upsets/Demolishes #11 BYU 66-27

Last season BYU was ranked 9th in week 14 when we played and they were well deserving as I barely snuck by 16-13. This season however BYU was ranked 11th but their team rating was just a C+ overall. Luckily for USU, rival BYU was waaay over-rated. After taking a 14-7 lead, BYU commited 3 straight turnovers, leading to 21 Aggie points, making it 35-7 in the 2nd quarter. It played fairly even from there as BYU made a few more turnovers and the back-up Utah State defense gave up some points. The player of the game goes to QB Dennis Brewster for completing 18-20 passes for 265 yards and had 6 total TDs (4 passing, 2 rushing). Utah State opens up conference play at Army next week. Army won last year's contest 31-24
  14. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Apr 14, 2010
    Western Michigan 3-0 Against Michigan with only Eastern Michigan to Play.

Central Michigan 7

#19 Western Michigan 58

The easiest victory of them all comes in a week 3 tune up for conference play against unranked Central Michigan. Adrian Pollock was finally unleashed in this rivalry game as he completed 19/31 for 381 yards and 6 TDs. After Travis Ruffins breakout 200 yard game he was only given 11 touches for 92 yards. It's tough to give everyone touches when your starters haven't played past the 3rd quarter this year. Starting TE Xavier Johnson caught 6 balls for 83 yards and 2 TDS, Brian Jones caught 5 for 94 yards and 1 TD and Adam Vaughn caught 4 balls for 92 yards and 1 TD. On defense LE Shelton Robinson came up big with 5 tackles 3 sacks and 1 FF. Freshman dime corner Trey Lee recorded his 2nd pick of year and freshman SS Ryan Johnson tallied his first career interception.​
    Next week Western Michigan heads to Birmingham to take on UAB. ​