Week 3, 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 3, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

go

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Welcome to Week 3!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #20 Yale Bulldogs (1-0) ===============
    Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Pittsburgh to face the #19 Pittsburgh Panthers (1-0).

=============== #25 Brown Bears (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Brown won 42-38 against Oregon (0-1).
    This week, the Bears will host Temple (1-0).

=============== Cornell Big Red (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Cornell won 47-44 against UMass (0-1).
    This week, the Big Red travel to Syracuse to face the Syracuse Orange (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Cornell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Larry Elliott has committed to Army

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Georgetown won 30-28 against Virginia (0-1).
    This week, the Hoyas will host Kent State (1-0).

=============== Columbia Lions (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Columbia lost 37-13 against Boston College (1-0).
    This week, the Lions will host Duke (1-0).

=============== Princeton Tigers (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Princeton lost 59-50 against Temple (1-0).
    This week, the Tigers travel to East Hartford to face the Connecticut Huskies (0-0).

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Dartmouth lost 49-35 against Rutgers (1-0).
    This week, the Big Green will host Vanderbilt (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Dartmouth targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Jay Tate has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== Delaware Blue Hens (0-1) ===============
    Last week, Delaware lost 31-21 against Duke (1-0).
    This week, the Blue Hens travel to Muncie to face the Ball State Cardinals (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Delaware targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Jay Tate has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Pennsylvania won 42-10 against Wake Forest (0-1).
    This week, the Quakers will host Virginia (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Pennsylvania targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Rod Wheeler has committed to Georgia

=============== Howard Bison (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Howard won 35-27 against Rice (0-1).
    This week, the Bison travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Howard targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Kyle Dawson has committed to Arizona State

=============== Harvard Crimson (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Harvard won 79-0 against FCS Midwest .
    This week, the Crimson will host FCS East .
    In recruiting news, the following Harvard targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Bob Rogers has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== Bucknell Bison (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Bucknell won 47-20 against USF (0-1).
    This week, the Bison travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0).

• Like Like x 1
  3. DirtycashDylan

#20 Yale-38
    #19 Pitt-18

My D played well holding Pitt to 22 yards rushing on 15 attempts, 4-11 on 3rd down, 0-2 on 4th down, and 4-0-3 in the redzone. They never, however, got any takeaways and I lost the TO battle 0-1.

On O, I tried playing SEC ball. I came out heavy and ran the ball 28 times vs 17 passes. I love the way freshman 3rd string RB Eric Henry runs and he filled in nicely for the injured Peterson and Ross gaining 99 yards and 2 TDs on 20 carries (4.9 avg) with some nice cuts and broken tackles.

This new offense really highlighted WR Andre Grant. He caught 5 for 233 yards and 2 TDs, one on a beautiful PA Go. The highlight has been uploaded.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

So I played my entire game against Virginia, and won 17-0... Then the freaking game froze and went black when it was showing the highlight of the game. Luckily, in the sim while I did lose my shutout, I didn't lose the game.

5. Strick

Strick Walk On

Buckell ousted Arizona State 51-21 in Tempe.

Another big injury hit the Bison hard as our senior WR, Brian Vickers, broke his forearm and will only return if we make the post-season. Happened on a punt return where he wasn't even hit hard. Going to hurt my O big as he was really the only guy who could stretch the defense with his speed and still catch the ball. Curtis Bailey stepped up though as he took a 5-yard out 61 yards for a score then beat his man on a PA pass to be wide open in the end zone. He finished with 113 yards and 2 TDs.

My TE's still can't catch a cold - which resulted in 2 INT for Ben Brown. His other pick was all on him. Didn't let that get to him though as he threw for 3 touchdowns, as well as 273 yards. He another 100 yards rushing and 2 more TDs on the ground.

The D came up big again, with 3 more picks and made some big stops.

Hopefully we'll be able to field an offense before conference play can start up... we've got UConn at home next.

6. DirtycashDylan

I like to blame my QBs for picks, too. ;)

7. nikpin

Temple Owls 24
    @
    #25 Brown Bears 59

Wasn't exactly a thriller as I jumped out to a 35-10 halftime lead and cruised in the 2nd half. I had two defensive TD's and a kick return TD which is always nice. Sophomore WR Walter Shockley was the player of the game with 8 catch for 164 yards and 2 TDs. Senior QB John Running Water has struggled early this year and thrown 7 picks threw 2 games. Hopefully I can get the kinks worked out before conference play or this could be an interesting season.

8. Strick

Strick Walk On

haha it was one of those "NO he was open! why did you throw it there?!"s... hate those.

9. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Princeton couldn't beat their own meat at this point. We can't tackle, pass, run, or much else right now. I think we have recruited a bunch of inbred, sister kissing morons. I suppose we can come to the stadium and watch the cheerleaders if nothing else.

• Like Like x 2
  11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I plan to kickoff against Vandy tomorrow late monring or early afternoon EST. Definitely will be finished by 2 PM as I have a class.

12. nikpin

13. IrishBearcat

I'm not sure the Guru is still with us. Seems like most of the other noobs have gotten their ish together though.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Just wait... I used to say that... Then I got past that and started blaming myself... I've thrown a lot of picks

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Georgetown: 56
    Kent St: 13

Georgetown's defense lowers the boom. For the second straight week, they don't allow an offensive touchdown. Only Kent St touchdown was on a 103 yard kickoff return. Kent State also went down to their 3rd string quarterback as the Hoya defense murdered the first two. The GTown offense was clicking as well with Dan Jones passing for 218 yards and 2 TDs before getting knocked out of the game early in the 3rd quarter. Running back Ronald Sims would take over from there as he had 138 yards rushing and 4 TDs while backup Will Lewis would come in late and add 112 yards and 1 TD thanks in large part to a 95 yarder. The two all-Nikpin WRs also had solid games as Chris Little had 7 catches for 139 yards and Manny Webster had two catches for 32 yards, both of which for touchdowns.

Next week the Hoyas face off against a highly ranked Georgia Tech squad.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

I resemble this remark, although I am not a boob

17. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

I'm here... and my shits together... if you only knew what I was doing right now you would understand why sometimes I am on here 24/7 and other times not for a week... I missed the deadline of the game that I was playing but it got advanced and I lost... even though I won my game but thats my fault for not getting in touch with DCD...

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Aids can be tough...

19. nikpin

Good to see you around. Hope everything is good on your end.

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Wtf?

[​IMG]

21. IrishBearcat

0-2 for Darmtmouth. :(

Really took some time to get my shit together both offensively and defensively after getting buttraped by Rutgers. I went back to basics of pounding it and actually reading the defense. I wanted to avoid another 3 interception game and do much better keeping the points down after giving up 49.

Went into halftime up 17-10 after a great first half. At one point my QB was 10/13 200 yards 2 TD 0 INT. Had a solid running game in the first half too.

The offense sputtered in the second half, and the defense gave up some big plays. The killers were when they would toss floaters in the air that looked to be easy picks but somehow the Vandy receivers came down with it Every. Single. Time. Literally! Their QB was 16/16 for 300+ yards no picks.

I was driving up 23-20 inside their 30 yard line with about half of the 4th quarter remaining. Decided to call slants for the first and only time of the game and threw it a half a second too late and it was picked. First turnover of the game was costly as they converted a third and long over the top as my true freshman FS R.J. Calhoun (+19 in recruiting prospect) stood there and watched as the WR put his hands up to catch ANOTHER floater for a TD that should've been an easy pick.

Down 20-24 I had 2 minutes left and a timeout. I drove down to the 5 yard line with about 35 seconds and 1 timeout. I ran a Power-O that only got to the three. Hurried up and ran a FB five. Nothing. 3rd and goal incomplete.

Fourth down - decide to run crossing routes with my 6'7 and 6'5 WRs for a quick pass. The middle of the D was a clusterfuck so I waited hoping to get a rub/pick and one would spring open. The crosser running to the left broke free, but my starting RB blocking left went to take out the legs of a blitzer and he just fucking hurdled him. Boom, I go down. If he would have even made contact it would've been an easy completion. My backup RB is a much better pass protector and forgot to sub him in.

Yikes, 0-2 is not good. The good news is I've revamped my game. I knew I might take some lumps but hopefully it will pay off soon enough to get this team rolling.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  22. Strick

Strick Walk On

Sorry to hear that Irish. Sounded like a quick screen might have helped in the final drive?

23. nikpin

This always makes me want to punch a baby. On Heisman the CPU QB can turn into Peyton Manning in his prime.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Strick

Strick Walk On

[​IMG]

25. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Yep.. Fear the Ball State QB. He literally was perfect in the first half and if I remember right missed only 2 passes the entire game. Although I think the UMass 45 yard pass off the back foot for a TD was just as egregious.. Syracuse QB completes a TD pass where literally the WR is bracketed on all sides and the WR sneaks through a hole right in the middle of three guys and speeds away for a touchdown.

It's sad when I think my conference games are easier.. Lol. And when I mean easier, I mean hard.