Week 3 2017 Now Open - Deadline = 6.19.11 6:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roadhouse, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

My earliest memories of learning how to freestyle...

2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

We knew there was a chance!

Week 2, and we still don't have the starting QB off the injury list and we lost the starting HB on the third play of the game. Last week, that recipe lead to a home field thrashing at the hands of Florida, when the Gators just wore down Miami's reserves. This week it was Tony Stark and Jason Burrell that put the team on their back and upset the #21 Texas Tech team down in Lubbock.

Stark threw for 360 yards, with 3 TDs and 1 INT, while Burrell ran for 98 yards and 2 TDs. He would have broken the 100 yard mark, but he was knocked from the game in the 4th quarter with exploding diareha. Thankfully, no one else was injured and he is resting comfortably.

The D stood tall in key spots, even though the no huddle really taxed them. In the first quarter, an interception by Richard Pyror gave us a very short field and an easy TD. In the third quarter, Peabo Bryson picked one and killed a long drive. And Elvis was a hero to most, because he stripped a ball loose in the 4th to preserve the win.

It must have been Art Shell coaching Tech. On first down, with the clock ticking inside 15 seconds I ran a dive and they call time out. I was going to run again, but they burned up all three TOs to ice my kicker. So I ran another dive and carefree Ted Nugent knocked home the winning kick as time expired for a 40-37 victory.

Sweet!

3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Nice win

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Fred, I'll wait til this evening to advance. You have your game against your boys, Auburn, so I don't want to short you that opportunity. But tonight about 9pm, I'll return home and will advance.

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

hey thanks sorry had to work yeasterday and a fish fry afterwords.....was super busy...fixing to play asap

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn goes down hard as West Mich was just to strong for them......hated to beat my fav team like that but hay its my job..