Week 3, 2017

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Before we get to the week 3 games I just want to thank everyone for their extra effort in the past couple of days to be active and post quality content. It's December, six months after the game release, and everyone seems interested, committed, and ready to go for many more years and I think that's what makes it such a fun experience. It's also been great, because Week 2 was one of the craziest week's Chompion's League has ever seen. Six user teams fell, and while its always great to win, I think there's something to be said for team's facing adversity and having ups and downs. Whether your undefeated are still searching for that first win, good luck moving forward, keep up the good work with content, and have fun.​
    #4 Notre Dame @ North Carolina
    #24 Iowa vs. Iowa State​
    #17 Michigan vs. Vanderbilt​
    Florida State @ Pittsburgh​
    #3 Oklahoma @ #5 Georgia Tech
    User Game of the Week: #2 Alabama vs. #11 Texas

2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Love this league so far.

The Seminoles head to Pittsburgh this afternoon to do battle agsint the 1-0 Panthers at Heinz Field. Coach Macc lead his troops to a near upset of #4 ranked Notre Dame, and despite losing the game it's known he doesn't have the talent level they do in South Bend and to come that close has really made a statement in college football and among recruits. Although it's highly unlikely Macc has made a push at some top flight talent, some players that if he were to sign this coming February - you may want to consider a new heavyweight among the ACC. 4* TE Scott Clay will be in attendance this weekend as the Seminoles take on his hometown Panthers. He's a Pennsylvania product who is extatic about his recruitment by FSU and has long been considered a soft commitment.

"Recruitings going really well, we're making a strong impact on kids all across the nation and really stressing the brand of Florida State and they are reacting very positively to it. The coaching staff who was here before I came in have told me the recruits we're targetting are night and day. They were hopeful for 3 or 4 4* players but now we've got a shot at some of the best players in the country. These kids wanna be apart of the trend we're starting here and it begins with this class. Expect some guys to be on the field from this recruiting pool next season"

• Like Like x 2
  3. jandy

jandy Walk On

Loving the writeups LongGONE24, keep it up man great to have you in the league

4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

jandy looks like we're playing this week. I'm traveling today, but should be able to play tomorrow. What time is good for you? Text me @ 512-217-7922 if you want. That's easier for me anyway.

5. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Well I guess this Michigan team might be alright after all...just demolished Vanderbilt 45-21!

Hopefully I can put up a summary later today if the EA servers start working again, stupid Error 500 :(

6. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

What do I have to do to be a USER matchup of the week!? GIVE THE KIDS SOME LOVE.

7. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

I'm also plan on texting Rekka about a gametime because that worked best last season, will post in here for everyone to see when we arrive at a gametime.

8. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Michigan Bounces Back
    Blows By Vanderbilt 45-21
    [​IMG]
    One week after a poor performance in their home opener, Michigan came out firing on all cylinders from the opening snap. On the Commodores' opening first possession, Sophomore LB Micah Walker jumped on an ill-advised option fumble and one play later QB Jon Huff hit WR Sterling Edwards from 29 yards out to take a 7-0 lead. By the end of the 1st, the Wolverines had jumped out to a 21-0 lead and the rout was on. At Halftime, Michigan lead 35-7 and Vanderbilt was forced to abandon their running game in the 2nd Half. QB Huff seemed to have no recollection of last week's dismal performance as he earned Player of the Game honors while throwing for 315 yards and 5 TDs.
    Next, Michigan goes on the road to open Big Ten play vs #7 Wisconsin.
    Vanderbilt
    QB Terrance Walker - 35/50, 414 YDS, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
    WR Bryan Holt - 7 REC, 112 YDS
    WR Steve Tatum - 7 REC, 106 YDS, TD
    DT Tyrone Thomas - 2 TKLS, SCK
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 15/25, 315 YDS, 5 TDs, INT
    HB Samson Whitworth - 20 RUSH, 88 YDS
    WR Sterling Edwards - 5 REC, 128 YDS, 2 TDs
    WR Matt Donaldson - 6 REC, 110 YDS, 2 TDs
    OLB Micah Walker - 5 TKLS, FR, INT, TD

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Gentlemen, I want to apologize in advance for what happened. I woke up this morning pumped to play my first CPU game and hopefully get my team on the right track, I have not yet set my playbook so I had to do it manually last nights user game and I went to again today and it went from mine, Washington (Pro Style) to Washington State (Air Raid).

I recognized immediately when there wasn't a single I formation to run out of. I know the spread dominates this game but I'm an old school pro style west coast pound n punch kinda guy so my offense was basically shot from the beginning.

I made an attempt to play it out but Pitt wouldn't budge. I will replay right now and if you guys wanna throw the result out and sim I'm fine with that. Sorry in adv for the restart.

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Don't worry about it this time, but in the future just quit at the beginning an choose the appropriate playbook

11. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I'm gonna set it on Washington in the menu so it always loads that, sorry again I always forget to do that on a new dynasty file.

Florida State survives on the road, 21-16 over Pitt.

It may be safe to say Steve Pennington has found his favorite new target. Seminole Nation embraced as the pride of Okeechobe, Florida raced down the sideline for two of his monster scores on the day. And he is Chip Mitchell - all of 5'10 170.lbs, the true freshman sensation wideout. Chip finished the game stretching 4 catches for 151 yards and 2 scores as the Seminoles cruised in the 3rd and 4th quarter for two scores that put them up 21-3.

"Our defense was playing great, we knew as an offense we needed to take a two score lead so Coach dialed up a fly route for me and Steve doesn't miss very often. This win is big for us, we plan on stringing together a series of them and making a push and representing for Florida State. Today's game is proof you can come in here and if you work hard enough and have the right mindset, you can see the endzone quite a bit. Shoutout to all the high school seniors in FL! NOLES BABY" a fired up Chip Mitchell said on the field following the victory.

His QB finished with a near perfect passer rating of 190 with 2 touchdowns 0 interceptions on 10 completions for 18 attempts. Pennington passed for 210 yards and was praised by his head coach after the game.

"Steve did exactly what he needed to do. He moved the ball down the field for us. He knows he's got a speed threat in the slot with Chip so we took advantage of that mismatch. He didn't make any mistakes today which is a trend I hope he continues moving forward. We asked him to chuck the ball in there when our running game wasn't working and that's often the times a QB makes a mistake. He remained calm and cool on the road and as a head coach that's something you love to see out of your starter,"

The running attack was tough sledding all game. Starting tailback JR Brandon Hurst went down with an injury causing him to miss the remainder of the game after a dismal 8 carry for 6 yards. Hurst however did manage to find the endzone from inches and accounted for FSU's opening drive score. Pennington actualy lead the team with 25 yards rushing and was just denied a rushing score that would've added to his impressive game.

Defensively the team racked up 3 sacks two of which coming from the senior leader MLB Mike Wesley, the Noles are also getting significant play fromFS Corey Givens who accounted for 12 tackles on the day.

12. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Mannnn this season is heating up!! Anticipating the hell out of the next adv.

13. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

WEEK 4 SHOWDOWN!

[​IMG]

FLORIDA STATE VS NORTH CAROLINA

In what should be a big tilt in the ACC next week, we're in for a treat with Florida State (1-2) coming into Chapel Hill to face the Tarheels (1-1). Keep in mind the Heels play Notre Dame this evening, they will truly be tested by a team that flexed just enough muscle last week over the Seminoles knocking them off 24-17.

Well when you look at the Tarheels offense you need to look no further than human highlight reel tailback Ron Brady. Brady is off to a big year so far average nearly 8 yards per carry... this kid can flat out FLY. Later tonight on ESPN he's going to be headlining the Tarheel backfield in the ACC game of the week vs. Notre Dame.

"I'll be honest you're gonna need to do a heck of a job scheming to protect Brady from getting to the perimeter. If he gets outside and hits a block, I don't think there's a Seminole on the roster who can catch him. Macc is gonna have his hands full trying to create ways to keep him infront of his defense. As soon as you spend too much time schemeing for Brady, their senior QB can go UP and burn you down the field with SR Shaun Rodgers. This kid is truly what you call a 'quarterbacks dream' you just chuck it up there and Mr. Rodgers brings it down. Some of the best hands in the COUNTRY!"

"On the defensive side of the ball I really think that the Noles might have a legit shot at being able to slow down Brady, personnelle wise. It will be up to their big MLBs Pettway and Wesley to lock down the middle of the field and seal the edge on the outside of their DLine. I see Dwayne Kirby the nickle corner getting tested, and I could see him responding well. I think FSU has the defensive edge in this one so it will be a classic high flying offense vs a sturdy defense it will be great to see which one prevails"

"Alrite now flip it onto the other side of the ball, FSU offense? Lately their offense has been pass-first. Tailback Brandon Hurst has been banged up and not gotten in a roll in his past two games so it's been up to QB Steve Pennington to move the ball."

"Steve Penningtons done just that. You saw him this week heat up with Chip Mitchell for two scores, he's got four on the year now and scored in all three games he's played at FSU. True freshman, just an unbelieveable talent. This kid starred at local Okeechobee High near by campus and he's a legend around here. He could've went to any of the big name schools - Florida, Miami, Georgia... he had a feeling he could make an impact early here at FSU and even through a massive coaching change you gotta think Chip's happy with the decision he made. I think he's the real X Factor in this one. Look to see the Seminoles get him involved early and see if he can heat up enough to burn them for a big score down field like he's been all year,"

"Moving to the Tarheel defense you first look at their defensive backfoield in senior Ricky Wayne and Jamie Smith. Both guys leading the team in tackles and both guys getting up and physical near the line of scrimmage. They're leader however is John Bryant the cover corner who can run like the wind. Look for Bryant having no trouble keeping his mand around the line the scrimmage and nearly blanketing an entire half of the field. Former 4* CB true freshman Ray Harris may be tested by the senior QB so look at that matchup to see if the Noles can find any success."

You heard itr here first, FSU VS NORTH CAROLINA... next week should be a trhiller

• Like Like x 4
  14. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Just so everyone is aware...@Rekkapryde and I are doing our best to get our game in asap, but due to the holidays and travel, may hold the advance up this week. We're looking at a late night Saturday/late afternoon Sunday slot for our game. Just wanted to be forthcoming and keep everyone informed.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

webbs6212 you need to play your game today

16. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

OU v. GT will be played Sunday, 11 AM. Thanks for everyone's patience.

• Like Like x 2
  17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

WOOH! Looks like Tony and I are on for Sunday afternoon-evening.

18. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Longhorns Survive Defensive Battle in SEC Opener with 28-17 Road Win

The Texas Longhorns faced one of the toughest 2 game stretches in recent memory as they are coming off a disappointing loss last week at #1 Ohio State and then travelled to #2 Alabama for their official SEC opener. The Horns were able to escape with a victory in a hard-fought defensive battle against a tough opponent in jandy. Neither offense was able to get much offense going in the first half as it ended in a 7-7 tie. Things slowly picked up in the second half as the teams battled back and forth swapping leads. The Longhorns were finally able to retake the lead by leaning on their big offensive line and strong running from HB Charles Stevens. He led a drive that culminated in a 1-yard TD plunge from FB Ben Odom with 0:45 left in the game. Texas' defense then stepped up on the next series as CB Eugene Williams picked off a pass and returned it 69 yards for the score to seal the victory. It was a hard-nosed game played in cruddy weather that seemed to have a true SEC flavor to it. The Horns had dreamed of knocking off the #1 and #2 teams in back-to-back games, but feel fortunate to be 2-1 on the season after the challenge of their early schedule.
    Next week Texas will take some well-deserved rest as they are on a bye and will wait to see where they stand in the rankings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  19. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Neither Team Deserves to Lose​
    The pundits had no idea the epic game that was in store for them as the #5 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets hosted the #3 Oklahoma Sooners. The first two plays of the game, kick off returns for both teams, foreshadowed the kind of game the two teams were in store for. After a quick 7-7 start, both teams started to put their gameplans into affect and see what the other heavyweight fighter had coming. In the early goings, Oklahoma jumped out to an early lead thanks to a tenacious pass rush that kept Heisman Hopeful Brian Green on his back and talking to his offensive line about picking up the vaunted Slaughterhouse Three for Oklahoma. However, thanks to a quick score towards the end of the first half, and a shameful display of clock management by Oklahoma, both teams headed for the tunnels with only three points seperating them.​
    The second half was an impressive display of adjustments and fine tuning from both the coaches and the players. Neither team was really able to get out of striking distance as the playbooks seemed to flip hands and GT employed a delayed run game while the Sooners took the ball to the air. Scores were exchanged back and forth and back and forth late in the fourth quarter when Ronald Walton scored his second touchdown in a minute and put the Yellow Jackets up by eight. On the next possession, Oklahoma moved the ball down the field and eventually Robert Joseph (playing for a briefly injured Serge Nash) hit Stephen Wheeler for a 48-yd TD to put the Sooners within two. Nash returned to the game to complete the two point conversion on a slant route, and the Yellow Jackets had 1:00 to get into scoring range. That is exactly what they did. The Sooners had a hard time containing the passes and keeping Walton from getting out of bounds, and the Yellow Jackets eventually found the red zone. That being said, with five seconds left, on a designed run play, the Sooners were able to strip the ball, but unable to recover it and that led to a chip shot FG as time expired for the GT win.​
    Turnovers, both converted and missed, proved to be the difference in today's game. Oklahoma had two huge forced fumbles that, miraculously, bounced in to the Yellow Jackets hands allowing them to keep possession. Serge Nash also had two interceptions, two of his only bad passes of the game, at crucial points which led to a crushing defeat. This matchup truly was comparable to that of a boxing match between Ali and Frazier, and was an early season showcase of two teams who could meet up later in the season. Only time, and the BCS, will tell if that last statement is true.​

• Like Like x 1
  20. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Seminoles fall 34-24 to North Carolina.

The gameplan was simple - keep Ron Brady contained and you may have a crack at beating a tougher North Carolina Tarheel team.

Seminole QB Stephen Pennington was on fire to start the game connecting on 4/5 passes for 135 yards and 2TDs. Pennington on the teams 3rd drive was sacked hard and he would not return from the game, sidelined with bruised ribs. The severity of the injury kept him out the entire game and the Seminole offense would look like they were without their veteran leader. Freshman QB Travis Banks came in out of the bullpen and he stunk. Banks turned the ball over three times, two interceptions on forced passes and a fumble at a terrible time in the game. Banks was the beneficiary of about 4 more dropped interceptions that would've ended the game for FSU even earlier.

The Seminoles leaned on the running game after Pennington went down, and Brandon Hurst was slicing the Tarheel defense apart. Hurst finished with 150 yards on 25 carries. His hard nosed game wasn't awarded with a touchdown but his longest run of 63 yards was one yard shy of a touchdown before his FB ran it in.

After a sack fumble safety put FSU behind only 1 point, Hurst's long run game on the ensuing kick off and after a successful 2 pt conversion the Seminoles took a 7 point lead with an inspired defense. Unfortunately, the 4th quarter was ALL Tar Heels and they climbed back with 17 unanswered points.

When FSU went down 7, they had a chance to tie it late but on that kick off their return man was stripped and UNC immediately covered it up, within FG range. The FG put them up 10 and put the preverbial icing on the cake for victory.

Players of the game

UNC RB Ron Brady (24 car 122 yards 1TD, 2 catches 59 yards) / CB Trey Rivers (4 tackles 3INT)

FSU RB Brandon Hurst (24 carry 150 yards)

______________________________________________________________________________

Man this one hurt, not gonna lie. I had it in my hands. I had a few chances with Tony on the ropes and he clawed back every time. Very fun game, tho - I can see us having some great games in the future. The QB injury absolutely killed me that guy couldn't miss and my offense was MOVING. If Hurst had it going like that and Pennington finished the game I think it may have been a different outcome. Great game bro, your boys played hard

• Like Like x 1