Week 3, 2018

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Oklahoma vs. South Carolina​
    #1 Notre Dame vs. NC State​
    #2 Ohio State vs. #22 Arizona State​
    #3 Alabama vs. UConn​
    #4 Texas vs. Tennessee​
    #5 Wisconsin vs. #20 Washington​
    #11 Florida vs. Missouri​
    #15 Georgia Tech vs. Tulane​
    #18 Florida State vs. Duke​
    #25 Michigan vs. Central Michigan​
    User Game of the Week: #14 Iowa vs. #16 North Carolina

2. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

3. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

tonight.. just text me when you can play. can't play tomorrow..

4. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Spayer, if we (myself and Webb) don't get this played tonight, would need an extension, cause I know for sure tomorrow is a no-go. But anytime Friday after 12PM PST, 1 would be free to get the game in...

5. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

GATORS REBOUND!! GATORS WIN 45-27!!

The #11 Florida Gators came back to Gainesville after a tough OT loss to Arkansas last week. Coach Ransom said after the loss that team had no choice but to improve on their play after the loss. Coach Ransom saw saw a much improved Gators squad as they won their home opener against Missouri 45-27. Chad Jackson was the star of the game accounting for 315 yards of total offense (200 passing, 115 rushing). "Chad played the type of game that this team needed" said Coach Ransom after the game. Jackson also had help from his running backs and o-line as Florida ran for 208 yards on the ground and the offensive line as a group didnt allow one sack. Backup RB Allan Hawkins ran for 2 touchdowns and Justin Cade added another. All of Jackson's touchdown passes went to Noah McNeil who ended the day with 3 catches and 3 touchdowns. The defense made plays as well getting to the QB 4 times and forcing 2 turnovers. Next week the Gators travel to Knoxsville to face the rival Volunteers.

Florida Gators:
    QB Chad Jackson 315 total yards 3 touchdowns
    WR Noah McNeil 3 receptions 64 yards 3 touchdowns
    SS Maurice Means 8 tackles 4 solo tackles 1 sack 1 INT

Mizzou Tigers
    QB Matt Jackson 23 for 37 327 yards 2 touchdowns 2 INT's
    WR Cory Thomas 7 receptions 94 yards
    LB Phillip Boyd 13 tackles 8 solo

6. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Sooners Smother South Carolina

For the first time in a long time, the Sooners won a ball game the way that was expected. The turmoil experienced in Norman has been no secret as Coach Fishdock has had a hard time finding the right balance between players, schemes, and execution. This Saturday, that was not the case as the Sooners handled the Gamecocks en route to a 45-26 victory. South Carolina struck first after a bad interception from QB Brent Price put the Gamecocks in the red zone, but the Sooners quickly responded with 14 unanswered points. An even second quarter that saw neither team put itself in front of the other led to a half time score of 24-17 in favor of Oklahoma. The Sooners clearly worked on some adjustments in the locker room as they were able to outscore the Gamecocks 14-3 in the third quarter, which eventually proved to be the finishing blow for the Sooners who cruised to a 45-26 final before the clock expired. The Sooners were effective on both sides of the ball, and kept a solid balance on offense between Grant Hayes and the new tandem QB duo of Brent Price and Logan Joseph. The threat that Joseph poses with his legs kept the Gamecock defense honest and his highlight of the day was an 11-yd touchdown run in the third quarter. Brent Price also had an impressive day in the air, passing for 341 yards with 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. As has been the case with Coach Fishdock's defense since he took over at Oklahoma, the Sooners proved strong in the red zone, and that was truly where this battle was won. The Sooners have a huge game coming up next week in Death Valley, as Oklahoma looks to avenge last year's embarrassing loss at home.

7. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Did you guys organize a time for Friday? Also webbs can you post contact info incase one of us needs to get ahold of you to play? I believe you're the only one off of the list with contact info

8. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

#25 Michigan Survives Upset Scare 42-31
    Donaldson Scores Game-Winning TD with :05 Left
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Chippewas came into the Big House and attempted to channel their inner-Appalachian State, but fell just short of a shocking upset as Michigan came from 10 points down in the 4th to pull out the victory. QB Jon Huff and the Michigan offense started a little slow, and Central Michigan jumped out to a 14-0 lead in just the first 3 minutes of the game. The Wolverines would eventually get on the board with WR Matt Donaldson's first TD of the day to make it 14-7, but by Halftime Central Michigan still held a slim 17-14 advantage.
    Early in the 3rd, the Wolverines finally took their first lead of the day when Huff connected with Donaldson again with a 65-yard bomb, but the Chippewas would answer with back-to-back touchdowns to end the quarter and Michigan was staring at a 10-point deficit at the start of the 4th.
    With just under 4 minutes remaining, a 73-yard Donaldson TD cut the lead to 3 but Michigan would need a rare defensive stop to have a chance at completing the comeback. Central Michigan looked to have the upset well in hand as they drove inside the Michigan 30-yard line, but they made a huge mistake throwing on a 3rd Down with about 3 minutes left as FS Nate Taylor made the pick near the red zone. Then, Huff led the Wolverines' offense deep into Chippewa territory and was staring at a 3rd Down at the 18-yard line with :11 remaining. Michigan decided to take one more shot for the win and Donaldson made a spectacular game-winning catch in the end zone. CB Carlos Gibson added a pick-six as time expired to end Central Michigan's hopes.
    The Chippewas were able to gash the Michigan defense for most of the day, piling up 444 total yards and going 8 of 11 on 3rd Downs, but Donaldson was the hero of the day with 249 yards receiving and 4 TDs.
    Next, Michigan hosts the Fighting Illini in their conference opener.
    Central Michigan
    QB Chris Hill - 23/33, 371 YDS, 4 TD, 2 INT
    HB Dennis Fox - 17 RUSH, 66 YDS
    WR Nick McCormick - 6 REC, 120 YDS, TD
    WR Cory Denman - 5 REC, 115 YDS, 2 TD
    SS Stephen Johnson - 3 TKLS, INT, FF
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 16/24, 339 YDS, 4 TD, INT
    HB Brian Weldon - 16 RUSH, 56 YDS, TD
    WR Matt Donaldson - 6 REC, 249 YDS, 4 TD
    FS Nate Taylor - 3 TKLS, INT

• Like Like x 1
  9. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Sorry about last night feel asleep. Wanna shoot for tomarrow nigt then since u cant tonight? N my cell is 712-348-7178 email is jvw6212@yahoo.com

10. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I'm good for the rest of the day today, just text me whenever you ready to play.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

#16 North Carolina 28, #14 Iowa 14

Iowa City, IA - The North Carolina Tar Heels enacted a little revenge, upsetting the Hawkeyes at Kinnick Stadium. Last season, Iowa came into Kenan Staduim and rolled UNC 52-31, this early season rematch caught many by surprise, as Iowa was the early favorite to win this one. The young Tar Heels relied on a ball-control offense and a surprisingly stingy defense, limiting Iowa's opportunities. UNC got the ball rolling, using the running game to set up a 34-yard TD pass to TE Andre Hammond to open the scoring. UNC would increase it's lead to 14-0 on a Philip Fuller TD run. Iowa closed the lead to 14-7 right before the half on a TD pass up the right sideline.

Carolina increased its lead to 21-7 after another TD run using the ground game. Iowa would respond and close the score to 21-14 on a dazzling array of passes and runs from QB Marcus Slater. UNC QB Chris Archer was picked off on UNC's next possession, but the Iowa defender would fumble the ball back to the Tar Heels. Carolina's defense would continue to hold Iowa, forcing 5 punts during the game. A time-killing drive in the 4th was capped by a Fuller TD run, bringing the score to 28-14, and sending the Heels to a 2-0 start to the season.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It was really nice of Iowa State to let you guys play in Ames.

Was there a riot or zombie outbreak in Iowa City?

13. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

an old Iowa State game was on the TV earlier, that's why I ended up typing Ames, it got stuck in my head. Apparently it seemed like Iowa got hit by Zombies as this looked like completely different team from last season...

• Like Like x 1
  14. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

I dont know what game your talking about here. I looked it up i beat you 31-3. i have no idea wear you got 52-31. get your facts straight

15. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

well duh when you lose players to graduation. your gonna expect to have games like that with players with not alot of experience. hell i seen that and been apart of that in real life. just my 2 cents

16. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

31-3! So it was even bigger ass-whopping than I thought. Either way, your team is way more talented than mines, and my boys went on the road and won a game they usually lose.

17. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

U even said after the game, since it was raining ur team was shit. and in reality i think u caused the disconnect cause u lost ur mlb n i picked apart ur secondary