Week 3/4 - PAC 12 North Outlook

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by MurkYa21, Mar 4, 2012.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#2[​IMG] VS. #4[​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Oregon State Beavers will travel to Washington to kick off conference play in the PAC 12 North. Washington is slightly favored as well as holding the home field advantage.​
    I'm taking Oregon State in the upset due to terrific QB play early on...Sophomre Ryan Smith is 31 of 40 for 438 yards with 7 TDs and 0 INTs, he also has 89 speed and 81 break tackle so I expect him to cause some problems for the Huskies.​
    On the other hand, Oregon State will have to minimize the big plays from Washington's redshirt Senior WR John McNamara (82 overall, 98 speed).​
    This is a good oppurtunity for both squads, but it'll come down making/preventing big plays. I think Washington could be at a disadvantage here early on in the season against a good opponent considering they are getting used to some new faces on the offensive side of the ball. Good Luck!​
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    #7 Cal is coming off a big win at Auburn and will have no problems taking out Duke. They will move into the top 5 after the week 4 Washington vs Oregon State game before taking on Oregon State themselves.​
    Avoiding an injury is the only thing they have to worry about, and I expect the backups to play most of the second half.​
    [​IMG]
    Washington State is coming off a tough loss at Michigan, but took away some good experience from that hostile environment. They will be on BYE week 4, and Coach Murk expect them to be sitting at 5-1 (3-0) by week 9. No one is really talking about the Cougars which is exactly how they want it to stay if their going to have a chance getting through the second half of the season.​

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I agree with everything you wrote. It'll be a surprise, IMO, if fuzzy can get the OSU/MNoffke monkey off his back. I'm hoping Duke will be a layup, but when you play on Heisman you never count anything for certain. We'll hit the field as if we were playing #1 again this week!

Washington State is also severely underrated. The 1-11 ranking dropped them really low, and they'll only rise each week. Losing to a talented Michigan team in the Big House by 13 points is a tough challenge for any team. WSU's time to shine will come in conference play by my calculations.

3. IrishBearcat

North Claims #2, #4, & #6 in the top 25!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. IrishBearcat

North has #8, #5, and #2 this week.

My win over the Beavers will help. An epic showdown against Washington comes down the road. If I win this game, I think I've stamped my ticket to the CCG if I win the other games I should. If I lose, there will be a 3 way tie for first. Don't count out WSU yet, they are capable of beating any of the "Big 3" in the north .