1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 3/4 - PAC 12 North Outlook

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by MurkYa21, Mar 4, 2012.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#2[​IMG] VS. #4[​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Oregon State Beavers will travel to Washington to kick off conference play in the PAC 12 North. Washington is slightly favored as well as holding the home field advantage.​
    I'm taking Oregon State in the upset due to terrific QB play early on...Sophomre Ryan Smith is 31 of 40 for 438 yards with 7 TDs and 0 INTs, he also has 89 speed and 81 break tackle so I expect him to cause some problems for the Huskies.​
    On the other hand, Oregon State will have to minimize the big plays from Washington's redshirt Senior WR John McNamara (82 overall, 98 speed).​
    This is a good oppurtunity for both squads, but it'll come down making/preventing big plays. I think Washington could be at a disadvantage here early on in the season against a good opponent considering they are getting used to some new faces on the offensive side of the ball. Good Luck!​
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    #7 Cal is coming off a big win at Auburn and will have no problems taking out Duke. They will move into the top 5 after the week 4 Washington vs Oregon State game before taking on Oregon State themselves.​
    Avoiding an injury is the only thing they have to worry about, and I expect the backups to play most of the second half.​
    [​IMG]
    Washington State is coming off a tough loss at Michigan, but took away some good experience from that hostile environment. They will be on BYE week 4, and Coach Murk expect them to be sitting at 5-1 (3-0) by week 9. No one is really talking about the Cougars which is exactly how they want it to stay if their going to have a chance getting through the second half of the season.​

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I agree with everything you wrote. It'll be a surprise, IMO, if fuzzy can get the OSU/MNoffke monkey off his back. I'm hoping Duke will be a layup, but when you play on Heisman you never count anything for certain. We'll hit the field as if we were playing #1 again this week!

Washington State is also severely underrated. The 1-11 ranking dropped them really low, and they'll only rise each week. Losing to a talented Michigan team in the Big House by 13 points is a tough challenge for any team. WSU's time to shine will come in conference play by my calculations.

3. IrishBearcat

North Claims #2, #4, & #6 in the top 25!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. IrishBearcat

North has #8, #5, and #2 this week.

My win over the Beavers will help. An epic showdown against Washington comes down the road. If I win this game, I think I've stamped my ticket to the CCG if I win the other games I should. If I lose, there will be a 3 way tie for first. Don't count out WSU yet, they are capable of beating any of the "Big 3" in the north .