Week 3: 49ers v. Vikings

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JSimms, Sep 26, 2012.

1. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

CalebMackie & I had a great game going in Minnesota tonight. The 9ers went up first on a 3-play drive to start the game - Frank Gore took a screen pass, broke 3 (or 4?) tackles and took it down inside the Viking 15 yard line. Gore would take the next play up the gut for the score to put the 9ers up 7. The Vikings would answer with a long, mythodical drive that took up most of the 1st quarter. However, the 9ers D would step up and force a Walsh FG. The 9ers would get another big play on their next drive - a 60+ yard pass to Vernon Davis. The Vikings would hold them to a FG, making the score 10-3 early in the 2nd quarter. Next two drives: Willis INT; SF Punt. AP would then lead another drive into 49er territory, but once again the San Fran D would hold them to a FG. The 9ers would tack on a 2nd FG with 30 seconds left in the half to go into the locker room 13-6.

The Viking offense came out in the 2nd half firing on all cylinders; WR Jenkins (in for injured Jerome Simpson) would beat press coverage, make the safety miss and took a Christian Ponder pass 50+ yards to the house to tie the game at 13. Then, with the 49ers putting together a nice time-consuming drive of their own, the EA servers decided that we were having too much fun and booted us both from the game. We're taking a sim, but wanted to recap our game anyways!

I must say - I wish that we had 32 users like Caleb in this league. He plays a very sim style of ball, evenrunning out of bounds at the end of the Frank Gore screen pass instead of taking it in for 6 due to it being such a rediculous play. This was by far the most fun I've had playing in this league thus far - great game Caleb.

By the way, I'm officially putting my vote in for:

1) slider adjustments for speed & penalties
    2) speeding up the advance schedule (just a bit) - 3 games/week? maybe alternating 2/3 games every other week?

• Like Like x 1
  2. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Nice write up man, I had a blast playing with you and although it was a bummer to have it ended early I definitely am cool with the sim since it was by far one of the most pure, sim matches I have played thus far. We could absolutely use more players in this league like JSimms, gg man hope to see you again some time sooner than later.