Week 3 Bengals(38)-Panthers(17)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DJDunn6, Sep 8, 2010.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Week 3 Bengals(38)-Panthers(17)

On a windy day in Carolina the Bengals picked up a big win. The game started off great for the Panthers on the second play of the game Matt Moore found Steve Smith on a quick inside route in single coverage to the tune of a 74 yd TD. The Bengals would answer with a FG making it 7-3. Cedric Benson would then get loose a couple times on 2 carries he had almost a 100 yds the final one being a 46 yd TD 10-7 Cincy. After both team exchanged int's the Panthers would get FG making it 10-10. The kicking was very hard on this day as the wind was blowing 19 mph all game. The Bengals would go on another march down the field ending in another Benson TD from 4 yards out making it 17-10. The Panthers get the ball back with just over 2 minutes left and go on a nice drive deep into Cincy land. A big shift would happen though in momentum as Moore was picked inside the 10 yd line stopping the drive.

The second half started fast as the Bengals scored quick on a Robert Griffith TD catch. The Panthers responded in 3 plays as TE G Barnidge beat Leon Hall for a 74 yd TD making it 24-17 late third. On one of the more crazy EA aided plays Antonio Bryant took a 10 yard dig route and broke a tackle from everyone on Carolina's defense to the house for a 63 yd TD. This play really took the wind out of the stadium and Caro would never really recover. They would go on another nice drive but Leon Hall got revenge for getting beat earlier and took back a pick 6 making it suddenly 38-17. Cedric Benson ending up with 17 carries for 192 yards and rookie TE Jermaine Gresham had 3 catches for 97 yds. GG Claven good luck down the road those broken tackles and that wind did not help you out at all. Next up the battle for Ohio as the on fire Browns are calling...

2. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

GG. Those broken tackles really deflated me. It was hard enough to slow down your potent offense. Damn it, now I get to go play the 3-0 Saints then our new on fire owenr CaliBucc yeah for me. I had to steal this 1 at home. Your D was everywhere with swatted balls, tipped balls at the line. Your Defense deserves a day off from practice after their performance.

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

GG. Those broken tackles really deflated me. It was hard enough to slow down your potent offense. Damn it, now I get to go play the 3-0 Saints then our new on fire owenr CaliBucc yeah for me. I had to steal this 1 at home. Your D was everywhere with swatted balls, tipped balls at the line. Your Defense deserves a day off from practice after their performance.