Week 3: Bills 23 Patriots 21

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by StevenRhysCann, Sep 6, 2010.

1. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Week 3: Bills 23 Patriots 21

No, that's not a mistake in the topic title. The Bills defense pulled off a miracle at Gillette Stadium in week 3, defeating the perennial SuperBowl contender Patriots on a field goal with no time remaining.

It was an error filled contest from start to finish, with the two QB's throwing 8 interceptions between them, including 2 which were returned for touchdowns. The Bills were the better team during the scoreless opening quarter, but Rian Lindell would miss field goals from 50 and 44 yards, making his last second heroics even more unlikely.

Coach Gaddy got his Pats rolling in the second quarter, scoring on runs of 6 and 5 yards by James Davis and Laurence Maroney respectively. But the Bills would keep it close at the half with a 4 yard score from FB Corey McIntyre, 14-7 Pats at halftime.

Both teams scored on a pick 6 in the third, first Leodis McKelvin tied the game for Buffalo by going 41 yards before Darius Butler gave New England back control with a stunning 97 yard return. The Bills weren't done however, as Robert You found WR Steve Johnson from 10 yards out to seemingly tie the game and send it to OT. But Lindell would hit the post on the extra point attempt, leaving the Bills trailing 21-20 with just 1:56 to play.

An onside kick was the only option for Buffalo, and they appeared to have successfully recovered the kickoff, but a penalty was called for having touched the ball before it had traveled 10 yards, giving New England possession needing only one first down to ice the game. But as they had done all day, the Bills defense came up with one last stop, a three and out forcing the Pats to punt and giving You and the offense one last chance.

They would take it, marching the ball down to the Patriot's 26, using their final timeout with 3 seconds remaining, and watching as Lindell kicked a 42 yard field goal which even Coach Steven thought he was no chance to make.

Game ball goes to the entire Bills D, holding Tom Brady to just about the worst day of his career, 10/30 for 190 yards with 0 TD's and 3 interceptions. New England's defense was also excellent, picking off You 5 times and sacking him twice more.

GG Gaddy.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

WoW! I was gone for my anniversary but I can tell you now, the BILLS will be my #1 surprise in next weeks addition to 'This Week In The OMFL'. Bravo - Hats off!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I called AFC East the best division because of Gaddy, Sci & Stang.

WOW....I maybe left out the best player in that division.

Major props to you Steven. You have gone where not many have gone before, with the Bills no less.

Holy Cow, as I was going to finish my post up, I realized how big an upset this is. Quite possibly the biggest upset in OMFLs history.