Week 3 Broncos 42 Raiders 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Nov 23, 2010.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

Greene's 4 TD day leads Broncos over Raiders

(AP) Denver, CO - The 2-0 Broncos squared off with division rival Oakland who were looking to get their 1st win of the season and it was a defensive game early on. With just 2 minutes left we were deadlocked at 0-0 before the Broncos got the 1st big break of the game as Aaron Brown fumbled heading towards the Oakland 5 yard line but with 3 raiders around the ball somehow a Denver Offensive Lineman would fall on the ball giving the Broncos a 1st and goal at the 1 yard line. 1 play later Shonn Greene would add his 1st of 4 TD's to go up 7-0. The Raiders would turn it over inside of a minute to go and the Broncos worked the ball tot he 1 again and would go up 14-0 at the half. The Raiders were demoralized but seemed to somewhat keep their composer as Jacoby Ford took the 2nd half kickoff 99 yards and cut the lead to 14-7.

The Broncos however responded immediately on a long 12 play drive capped off by Shonn Greene on a 36 yard run where later coach pepper was quoted as saying "these types of runs are why we went out and aquired this guy, he's an animal"

The Broncos would score 28 unanswered points thanks to 2 kickoff returns fumbled by Jacoby Ford which would lead to 14 points. The dagger seemed to be a 14 yard strike from Austin to Mercedes Lewis to put the game out of reach as the Broncos go on to win 42-14 and move to 3-0 on the season.

Key Stats:

Shonn Greene 24 car 103 yards 4 TD's
    Jamarcus Austin 12/19 177 yards 1 TD 1 Int
    TOP: Broncos 21:17 Raiders 6:43

The Broncos will play their 3rd straight division game as they will faceoff with a revamped Kansas City Chiefs team week 4.

2. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

wow, good game guys. looks like all the breaks went towards the broncos... again....

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

definately a good start for the Broncos. congrats, Rob, and thx for the highlights.

4. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, On that fumble before the half, There is no way his team recovered that fumble. From that point on it was like I pissed off the Madden powers that be or something. I have never seen anybody fumble 2 kickoff returns in a row. Before that in as I'm drivin in the first half Dmac put it on the ground. Anything that can go wrong has went wrong for my team. I'm contemplating having an exorcism before my week 4 game.

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

LMAO

6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I couldnt beleive myself how quickly things got out of hand. I think we have all had these types of games where Madden had decided before the game was started who was going to win. 7 turnovers of which 4 were fumbles which is unheard of. I'm sure you will bounce back Pope. Goodluck the rest of your season.