Week 3 - Broncos @ Vikings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Dec 7, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Hey guys, just wanted to put this in here to log the situation. Jeremy and I tried to play three times tonight - all three disconnects (one EA boot). The last D/C came after we had recreated the score and were just about to start playing again for real. Jeremy mentioned he's been having a bad connection since his move and wanted me to get a sub. I lined things up with Bates, recreated the score from our D/C (per Jeremy's OK) and am about to play the game now.

Jeremy said he'd come on tomorrow to confirm, so I figured I'd save him some time by writing up our scenario and letting him respond. He mentioned he may have to drop because his connection at his new place (rural area) has been spotty at best, not allowing him to complete games.

I'll post here when the game is done...

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Game completed - Broncos hang on 34-31.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

....sigh....

Some of you know my situation but for those who dont I will recap. In May I moved into a new home in a rural area outside of town. Well, unfortunately the high speed internet choices are almost non-existent. Phone company does not provide high speed out here yet, no cable provider & from research satellite internet will not come close to supporting online gaming. All out of options right? I wouldnt give up that easy and I kept researching and came across some information about being able to use a wireless laptop aircard for PSN access and gaming. I gave it a shot as it was my only option. In the beginning, I had usb aircard plugged into my laptop and used the windows internet sharing by running a ethernet cable from ethernet port on laptop to my ps3. VOILA- it worked but the connection was slowww and unstable. Simply put, I was using a cell phone signal to play my games...Yea, cell phone.

After more research I learned of a company,Cradlepoint, that made wireless modems specifically for laptop aircards. This way I could plug the aircard into the modem and place in my attic where I actually got the best and strongest signal and then run an ethernet wire from modem to ps3. I did this and it worked but again shotty at best. but for some reason my connection has gotten progressively slower and more unstable. And as i stand right now, I can no longer finish 90% of my games due to getting knocked off PSN due to connectivity issues. it will just boot me straight off PSN. I then have to restart modem to get back online. I have tried moving modem around for best results, I have downloaded newest firmware and updates but I having zero results. This may sound like a cop out but I am 100% convinced my poor gameplay results as of late are due to me lagging so severly.I have almost zero control of my players. It has me frustrated to a point of throwing my hands up in the air and giving up. Not fair to my opponents or to myself to have to go through a continuous d/c rodeo everytime I play and eventually end-up with my opponent playing a sub.

OMFL has become a big part of my everyday life and the last thing I would want to do is give it up but I may have to take a hiatus until I can get my connection issues resolved. And what I mean by hiatus is to give up my team ownership totally and unfortunately my board position also. I hate to leave an awesome group of owners but I have exhausted every option I know off & until better options come available I am shit out of luck.

I would ask to be kept atop the waiting list for when I am capable of rejoining. By no means will completely abandon the forums as I want to keep up with you guys on the boards and via AIM.

So I guess this has officially turned into my resignation letter.

...sigh........

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

You were one of the reasons I came back to OMFL....

:(

This makes me very sad.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

@Jeremy - Let's talk on AIM first....

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Well after sulking a while I went back and fooled with my modem settings some more and changed some configurations relating to rebooting itself when it senses low signal.
    Played the bulk of the afternoon with no psn boots but still choppy.
    Vikes have a bye in week 4 so I have about a week or so to really make a decision. So as long as you guys will still have me I'm not out yet.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Jeremy, if they keep me around, I think we can make room for ya. ;)